Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I saw it as well, and am pretty much 100% on board with what everyone here has said about it so far. I actually don't really get where the critics are coming from on this one. It's a big dumb superhero movie. It's no Dark Knight, but it was never going to be. You can't have Nolan's Dark Knight in a world where Superman exists. I liked all actors and actresses in this movie. My only real let down is Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. I think he did a great job at playing the character they wrote for him, it just wasn't the Lex Luthor that I know. His performance was great, just not the Lex I'm familiar with. Not a perfect movie, but had this been a "Marvel" movie it'd probably rank in the top half for me. I liked it better than Age of Ultron, and I was / am a pretty strong defender of that movie. I look forward to the 3 hour, R rated directors cut.

As to the point about them dancing around the word Superman in Man of Steel, I felt like it was warranted there. He wasn't a established hero yet in that movie. If I'm remembering correctly they didn't give him the name Superman until later in the movie. It's been awhile since I've seen it though, so I could be remembering that incorrectly.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Thanks for the review! I had planned to see it this weekend, but because of the many, many negative reviews I had decided not to.
    But your positive words made me change my mind!
    Good deed done for the day!!

sk
    Thanks, I'm glad that helps. After seeing the movie I don't understand why people are ripping on it. I seriously do think it has to do with it being in the can for so long and people waiting for it, and the critics just wanting to rip it because of Affleck. Some of it may be Marvel bias as well.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Queations for the guys who seen it.. Is it true that Afflick kills it as Batman?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Queations for the guys who seen it.. Is it true that Afflick kills it as Batman?
    Absolutely. I think everyone really brings it though. I don't think there's an ounce of bad acting in this movie. The problems the movie has are mostly pacing related. Plus the minor plot holes / "conveniences" that all super hero movies have. But I'd say that Affleck kills it and so does Gald Gadot. I might even go so far to say that I actually like this version of Bruce Wayne / Batman better than Christian Bale's version. As Batman he's much more audible, and it's just a different take on Bruce Wayne, I'd say for the better. Kinda a older, angrier version of the Bruce Wayne from Batman The Animated Series.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Absolutely. I think everyone really brings it though. I don't think there's an ounce of bad acting in this movie. The problems the movie has are mostly pacing related. Plus the minor plot holes / "conveniences" that all super hero movies have. But I'd say that Affleck kills it and so does Gald Gadot. I might even go so far to say that I actually like this version of Bruce Wayne / Batman better than Christian Bale's version. As Batman he's much more audible, and it's just a different take on Bruce Wayne, I'd say for the better. Kinda a older, angrier version of the Bruce Wayne from Batman The Animated Series.

Absolutely. That's a perfect description. I thought he was perfect as Batman.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

As I commented elsewhere, he's probably bummed about having to answer that question for the 400th time during a press tour. I don't think he cares about what critics say. They've been bashing him for years, almost every movie. Yet he keeps getting gigs and keeps making $$. I doubt he would care as long as this film makes a lot of money, as it seems to be doing.

Country
    Country Flag

Go Ben. Fuck the critics.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Go Ben. Fuck the critics.
    You kiss your mother with that mouth? LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

So I just got back from seeing the movie. Wow. It was amazing. I do not know what kind of crack the critics were smoking before their viewing, but they gotta ease up on that crap. I really liked Man of Steel but I didn't love it. I loved Batman v Superman. You don't even need to be a DC fan to appreciate what was going on. And those critics both in print and on YouTube complaining that there were "five" movies happening at the same time and that it was disjointed and messy - that just made me laugh. How hard is it to keep several storylines in your head? They always have an A story and a B story in every single TV show and nobody seems to struggle. This is no different. There are subplots but there are always subplots. There are dream sequences but there are always dream sequencers. This is nothing new. And it was not slow or boring in the least. When it was over I was like "That was two and a half hours?" Felt like the time just flew by. I was engrossed from the opening credits and it never ceased. It is dark but not oppressively so. It is more of an adult drama than your average summer blockbuster, which just means you need to keep up, pay attention, and not chew your popcorn too loudly.

Ben Affleck is a great Batman and a great Bruce Wayne. Michael Keaton will always be #1 for me, but Ben comes close. Loved him as both and loved the costume (both the regular and the mechanized). Henry was just as good as he was in Man of Steel, but because the focus was slightly more on Batman, he may not have shown as many sides of him or as often. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is powerful, cannot wait for next summer and the Wonder Woman solo movie. It will be insane! A lot of people, even those praising the film, seem to be still down on Jesse Eisenberg, but I liked him a lot. Most people also seem to miss the fact that he's not the Lex Luthor, but his son. He played the evil and crazy Mark Zuckerberg type perfectly and creepily.

I completely got why Batman and Superman were fighting, and I understood why they stopped. While I thought it was bad decision overall to spoil Doomsday as the main villain, and even though I would've preferred to not see that in the trailer, they didn't spoil everything about Doomsday. He was scary and tough.

A bit of spoilers:

I'm pretty much 100% on board with you here. Even with the Jesse Eisenberg thing, his performance was great, it just wasn't really the Lex I wanted to see. My Lex Luthor will always be the one from the animated Superman / Justice League show.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...70-1m#/slide/1
    Warner Bros. Pictures‘ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opened to $170.1 million domestically over Easter weekend in 4,242 theaters, an average of $40,100 per theater. That means the film has broken the record for best pre-summer opening, surpassing The Hunger Games‘ $152.5 million from March 2012. It is also the largest domestic opening for Warner Bros. Pictures ever (previous record was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2‘s $169.2 million from 2011), the widest release pre-May, the largest Easter opening (previous record was Furious 7‘s $147.2 million from 2015), the largest opening for a DC film (previous record was The Dark Knight Rises‘ $160.9 million from 2012), and the biggest March opening ever (previous record was The Hunger Games‘ $152.5 million from March 2012).

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice marks the sixth-highest domestic opening ever, passing up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2‘s $169.2 million and trailing Iron Man 3 in fifth place with $174.1 million.

The film, which cost a reported $250 million to make before marketing, brought in $27.7 million from Thursday previews, a new Easter record, passing up Furious 7‘s $15.8 million from last year. $18 million of the $170.1 million total came from 272 IMAX screens, which marks the largest Easter opening for IMAX as well. Globally, Batman v Superman earned $36 million from a record 945 IMAX screens. It’s the third-highest opening for IMAX ever, trailing just Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ $47.5 million and Jurassic World‘s $44.1 million. The film received a B CinemaScore from audiences.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...dwide#/slide/1
    While the domestic numbers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are impressive, the worldwide results for the first five days are even more so. Dominating the international market this weekend, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice earned a spectacular $254 million over the weekend on an unprecedented 40,000+ screens in 66 markets. Combined with the $170.1 million from North American theaters, the worldwide total is now already up to $424.1 million!

Internationally, Batman v Superman marks the biggest superhero opening weekend of all time, the all-time biggest March opening, Warner Bros. Pictures‘ biggest opening of all-time in China, and Warner Bros.’ second-biggest international opening of all time (behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2).

In China alone, Batman v Superman grossed an estimated $57.3 million from approximately 16,000 screens. The film also opened big in the UK with an estimated $21.9 million from 1,701 screens, in Brazil with $12.2 million from 1,330 theaters, in Korea with $10.5 million from 1,696 screens, and in Australia with $10 million from 535 screens.

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it this weekend, really liked it. Hope to post further impressions later today or this week.

Spoiler:
    I stumbled across this today, for everyone who is bothered by Batman killing people in BvS

I'm actually suprised by how many of these deaths I never particularly noticed before.

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I stumbled across this today, for everyone who is bothered by Batman killing people in BvS

I'm actually suprised by how many of these deaths I never particularly noticed before.
    Spoiler:
    Is there a group of people upset by the deaths? I've not heard this.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seen it.. LOVED IT! I am not sure what the issue is with people not liking this movie! Best Batman yet!!! HE killed it as Bruce and Batman... the fight scenes with Batman were my favorite... BRUTAL is the word i would use and CANNOT WAIT TO SEE BEN DO A BATMAN MOVIE!!!!! If his last few flicks were any indication, this movie will be amazing! I really enjoyed myself a lot and to me, this was what a big screen movie was about. Maybe I went in with such low expectations that it was a surprise?? not sure... other than i can't wait to see it again!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I haven't really seen any big gripes about it, just minor ones. Usually as an aside from someone who didn't like the movie as a whole. Though not everyone, it definitely stood out to me, but didn't bother me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I haven't really seen any big gripes about it, just minor ones. Usually as an aside from someone who didn't like the movie as a whole. Though not everyone, it definitely stood out to me, but didn't bother me.
    Not me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, beautiful thoughts. Warning, cynical people should not watch:

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seen it.. LOVED IT! I am not sure what the issue is with people not liking this movie! Best Batman yet!!! HE killed it as Bruce and Batman... the fight scenes with Batman were my favorite... BRUTAL is the word i would use and CANNOT WAIT TO SEE BEN DO A BATMAN MOVIE!!!!! If his last few flicks were any indication, this movie will be amazing! I really enjoyed myself a lot and to me, this was what a big screen movie was about. Maybe I went in with such low expectations that it was a surprise?? not sure... other than i can't wait to see it again!
    Agreed!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast