Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My problem with the reactor was that it felt too much like a doomsday device that Nolan relied on to move the plot forward and create a sense of urgency, rather than do so through the characters. There;s a great possibility that I would've felt differently had the reactor been indroduced (either physically or in mentioning) in one of the past films so that when we saw it in action in TDKR, it didn't feel as obvious that it was crafted specifically to create a sense of doom for this film.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, and I'd have to back and check, but wasn't the idea of some form of save the world clean energy device mentioned in one of the first two films by Wayne? I mean maybe not the reactor specifically but....

Damn Ricky, now I gotta go watch them again!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigSchu22 View Post
    I would have loved to have seen more of the war and situation inside Gotham since it's such a huge part of Bane's plot and is a pretty big theme in itself, especially since we had nearly 2 hours building up to it. It was a little jarring the way they cut from a few months to a few hours left for the bomb to explode without any real development of the state of Gotham...
    Yes absolutely, that was a big problem for me too. I remember Bane saying something about there being a few months left and then all of a sudden there's 19 (heh) hours left? Beep-beep-back the truck up.

It's strange that this was handled so superficially when in BB/TDK Nolan made it a point to show how the inner workings of Gotham and it's citizens.

Oh, and I would have liked to see more finesse in the Bane/Batman fight scenes. I know Bruce was off his game, but they kind of just ran around punching eachother when Bruce is a martial arts master and Bane was trained by the league as well. I guess the slug-fest fits the tone of the movie though, Bruce has been "beaten" down by life and the events of the last two films.
    I'm very, very content with the action scenes. Yes, Bruce is a martial arts expert but remember that his age doesn't permit him to pull off acrobatic moves like he could if he was 8 years younger. And besides, can you imagine how insanely difficult it was to move in that thing? The batsuit is ridiculously heavy as it is, imagine having to fight while you're being drenched in water? No wonder Bale was yelling in frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    My problem with the reactor was that it felt too much like a doomsday device that Nolan relied on to move the plot forward and create a sense of urgency, rather than do so through the characters.
    Agreed. Would it have worked if the only incentive for Wayne to hurry up was to prevent Gotham from tearing itself apart? But then how would you explain the military not entering the city without the threat of a nuclear bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Actually, and I'd have to back and check, but wasn't the idea of some form of save the world clean energy device mentioned in one of the first two films by Wayne? I mean maybe not the reactor specifically but....
    IIRC, Thomas Wayne says something about renewable energy in BB. Good call, I'll have to go back and watch it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev, I knew it!!! Of course I'll still be re-watching it anyway, again!!!! Damn, Ricky!!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the military, did anyone notice that the guy that was warning Blake not to cross the bridge was Quinn (Desmond Harrington) from Dexter?! I was like, what are you doing away from Miami Metro?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the military, did anyone notice that the guy that was warning Blake not to cross the bridge was Quinn (Desmond Harrington) from Dexter?! I was like, what are you doing away from Miami Metro?
    Wasn't he also in "Ghost Ship"? Lot of "Cameo's" of sorts. Wayne's Doc was from "Reno 911" for example!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I give it a 9/10. Would've liked more scenes of the Blackgate prisoners running roughshod over Gotham. The camera work was really great; Bane looked massive, especially during the Underground Army scene in the sewers. His speech in front of city hall was excellent. I think that was his finest scene. (I wonder if it wasn't meant as a reference to the reason behind his imprisonment in that pit) The second would've been the "Speak of the devil, and he appears" one. Talia didn't feel shoehorned by any means, but I think Bane could've done well enough on his own as well. The biggest leap of faith, for me, was Blake deducing Batman's identity.

I agree with Feev on the reactor being used to keep the military out of Gotham. The only immediate solution I can see is the League of Shadows having men in the government, though that would've been a bit silly to me. The build up to Bane unveiling the bomb was well-execute as well.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re: fingerprints: Ah, got it. I think I was distracted by the toddler in front of me. Yes, multiple people brought toddlers to my theater, and this little guy's mom seemed both unconcerned and unwilling to admit a bad choice when she told her friend "oh, he's scared." Hope she enjoys footing the therapy bill.

I did! Also Littlefinger was in the plane in the beginning.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Shannon (first time viewing): 3/5
    Amber (first time viewing): 4/5

Spoiler:
    I teetered and tottered between rating this movie as a three or as a four. What it comes down to is that as a movie, it was a three and a half, and as a Nolan's Batman movie it was a three. So, I settled on a three. LONG, dull, too many third-tier characters having too much screen time, not enough Bruce Wayne/Batman, not enough Catwoman storyline (besides being Bruce's "happy ending", she did very little to aid the plot of the movie), Bane being too super-human while still supposed to be a normal, strong guy, etc. I mean, seriously, I understand Batman was weak from his time off, but for him to repeatedly punch Bane straight in the face and for Bane to act as if he was hit by a child? No way.

I have a question ... it MIGHT have just been my theatre, but I'm not so sure ... Were the sound effects sometimes a little ... off? Maybe not "off", but ... weak? There were a few too many gunshots deafened (the prologue scene where the guyis shot right before he was almost pushed out of the plane), too many punches deafened (the scene where Batman punches the motorcyclist in the helmet, breaking the faceshield is the best example, as well as the first fight between Bane and Batman) ... it came off as weak ... toned down ... anything, anyone?

I liked the twist with Talia being the one who escaped the prison. I liked the entire ending, with Bruce and Selina getting their happy ending, with the Robin reveal, as well as the Robin becoming the new Batman foreshadowing. Very well done. But the ending doesn't make up for the other two and a half hours. Not for me.
    Thanks for writing what I could not put in words as well as you.
    LONG, dull, too many third-tier characters having too much screen time
    Just because one has 300 hours of film in the can doesn't mean that ~3 hours of screen time is needed.
    I enjoyed the movie, but just could not "love it".
    FYI, I saw it on IMax and the sound was almost deafening, yet certain dialog-Bane especially was muddled. I know Bane had the mask on, but after a sentence or two he (borrowed from Mick Lasalle-SF Chronicle) sounded like Scooby.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Like many people throughout the world, Dark Knight Rises has been one of my most anticipated films of the year. I didn't grow up reading Batman and I didn't even see Batman Begins until years after it was released. I can hardly be put in the Feverishparade category of Batman fanboy lovefest. That being said, I love film and the spectacle of the event. I thought my anticipation and excitement would be stolen away by the tragedy in Colorado and for a moment, it was, but once the movie got started, I lost myself in the seedy underbelly of Gotham City. From that point on, I could have been on Mars and I wouldn't have noticed. I was hooked.

As much as I loved The Dark Knight, I might have enjoyed Rises even more. As a whole, I think it might be a better movie. I felt that The Dark Knight was Ledger's film. Even if he hadn't tragically passed away before the films release, it was still his movie. Nobody was taking it from him.

The Joker is one of the greatest villains in film history, but it’s more because he’s so insanely charismatic and not really for his physical prowess. I never felt that Batman was going to be bested by The Joker. The same can’t be said for Batman in Rises. Batman has clearly met his match in Bane. He’s so powerful I was wondering if Batman had what it took to defeat him. In fact, there’s one point in the movie where I didn’t think Gotham needed Batman, they needed The Avengers. Gotham’s fate seemed that dismal to me and it had me that much more invested in the story.

In The Dark Knight, the Joker’s performance was so iconic that any storyline almost seemed secondary. This is where Rises really succeeds for me. The stakes are raised with the introduction of an even more powerful villain in Bane. At the same time, Rises is able to weave together a story that perfectly encompasses Bruce Wayne's journey throughout the three films.

Christian Bale as always done a great job as Batman. In fact, he's the best Batman ever put to film in my opinion. His acting in the two previous films was top notch, but he really shines here in Rises. He's a broken man at the start of the film. You can literally see the physical toll that being Batman has taken on his body, but it's the mental toll that makes his performance even more haunting.

Bale isn’t the only actor that has brought his “A” game. Anne Hathaway is superb as Catwoman. She’s sexy and dangerous at the same time. Michael Caine also brings a lot of heart to the film. His scenes with Bruce Wayne are some of my favorites in the film and are down right tear jerking.

I know a lot of people have some problems with plot holes and logistical concerns. I never really trouble myself with things like this in films. Sure, it seems unlikely Batman would be able to make it back to Gotham in 19 hours without a passport, but having a scene where he tracks down a counterfeiter, travels to the airport, narrowly gets through security and then eats a bag of peanuts on the plane is entirely unnecessary and would make the movie 5 hours long. It’s a movie, get over it.

In the end, Rises is a perfect finale to the greatest comic book trilogy of all time. The film does a great job of putting a bow on the trilogy. It feels right and it feels satisfying. At the same time, they don’t tie the bow too tight and clearly leave it open for us to spend more time in Gotham.

I don’t know where the franchise is going to go from here, but what I do know is that Nolan has created a masterpiece. He has single-handedly made comic book films box office powerhouses, but more importantly he has taken them from silly popcorn flicks to serious cinema that can be put on a list among some of the best films of any genre. Nolan as made the comic book film relevant, important, timely and most of all, intelligent.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FYI, I saw it on IMax and the sound was almost deafening
    I wish there was a real IMAX (we have one, but it only shows documentaries, not movies) near me. Closest one is in PA. I did see it in AMC's "IMAX Experience," which is the next best thing, I suppose. Definitely not the size of a real IMAX screen, but I thought the extra couple dollars was worth it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish there was a real IMAX (we have one, but it only shows documentaries, not movies) near me. Closest one is in PA. I did see it in AMC's "IMAX Experience," which is the next best thing, I suppose. Definitely not the size of a real IMAX screen, but I thought the extra couple dollars was worth it.
    I should have clarified that I saw it an the local "Imax" which is large and loud, but not true to the original IMAX designation. Of course the true IMAX is ~300' tall by 213' wide, in essence the reverse of wide screen movies. Though a large screen, the movie was primarily in a 2.35:1 ratio (there were scenes that subtly had a different ratio), thus the true "height" capability of the IMAX originality was not used.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Like many people throughout the world, Dark Knight Rises has been one of my most anticipated films of the year. I didn't grow up reading Batman and I didn't even see Batman Begins until years after it was released. I can hardly be put in the Feverishparade category of Batman fanboy lovefest. That being said, I love film and the spectacle of the event. I thought my anticipation and excitement would be stolen away by the tragedy in Colorado and for a moment, it was, but once the movie got started, I lost myself in the seedy underbelly of Gotham City. From that point on, I could have been on Mars and I wouldn't have noticed. I was hooked.

As much as I loved The Dark Knight, I might have enjoyed Rises even more. As a whole, I think it might be a better movie. I felt that The Dark Knight was Ledger's film. Even if he hadn't tragically passed away before the films release, it was still his movie. Nobody was taking it from him.

The Joker is one of the greatest villains in film history, but it’s more because he’s so insanely charismatic and not really for his physical prowess. I never felt that Batman was going to be bested by The Joker. The same can’t be said for Batman in Rises. Batman has clearly met his match in Bane. He’s so powerful I was wondering if Batman had what it took to defeat him. In fact, there’s one point in the movie where I didn’t think Gotham needed Batman, they needed The Avengers. Gotham’s fate seemed that dismal to me and it had me that much more invested in the story.

In The Dark Knight, the Joker’s performance was so iconic that any storyline almost seemed secondary. This is where Rises really succeeds for me. The stakes are raised with the introduction of an even more powerful villain in Bane. At the same time, Rises is able to weave together a story that perfectly encompasses Bruce Wayne's journey throughout the three films.

Christian Bale as always done a great job as Batman. In fact, he's the best Batman ever put to film in my opinion. His acting in the two previous films was top notch, but he really shines here in Rises. He's a broken man at the start of the film. You can literally see the physical toll that being Batman has taken on his body, but it's the mental toll that makes his performance even more haunting.

Bale isn’t the only actor that has brought his “A” game. Anne Hathaway is superb as Catwoman. She’s sexy and dangerous at the same time. Michael Caine also brings a lot of heart to the film. His scenes with Bruce Wayne are some of my favorites in the film and are down right tear jerking.

I know a lot of people have some problems with plot holes and logistical concerns. I never really trouble myself with things like this in films. Sure, it seems unlikely Batman would be able to make it back to Gotham in 19 hours without a passport, but having a scene where he tracks down a counterfeiter, travels to the airport, narrowly gets through security and then eats a bag of peanuts on the plane is entirely unnecessary and would make the movie 5 hours long. It’s a movie, get over it.

In the end, Rises is a perfect finale to the greatest comic book trilogy of all time. The film does a great job of putting a bow on the trilogy. It feels right and it feels satisfying. At the same time, they don’t tie the bow too tight and clearly leave it open for us to spend more time in Gotham.

I don’t know where the franchise is going to go from here, but what I do know is that Nolan has created a masterpiece. He has single-handedly made comic book films box office powerhouses, but more importantly he has taken them from silly popcorn flicks to serious cinema that can be put on a list among some of the best films of any genre. Nolan as made the comic book film relevant, important, timely and most of all, intelligent.
    Agreed!! Very well said!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I should have clarified that I saw it an the local "Imax" which is large and loud, but not true to the original IMAX designation. Of course the true IMAX is ~300' tall by 213' wide, in essence the reverse of wide screen movies. Though a large screen, the movie was primarily in a 2.35:1 ratio (there were scenes that subtly had a different ratio), thus the true "height" capability of the IMAX originality was not used.
    Ah, okay. Sounds like we had similar experiences in theaters (lovingly) deemed "LieMAX."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol @ "LieMax"

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, okay. Sounds like we had similar experiences in theaters (lovingly) deemed "LieMAX."

I get a discount at the local IMAXes from my internship, but I'm not sure I want to pay to see the movie again. It would be good to be able to watch it without assholes talking through the whole thing, but I'm really broke. Decisions.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently sitting in the theater, waiting for the show to start

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it tonight and liked the movie, more so than the previous movie. I especially liked the way it wrapped up the series, and linked to the first movie.

That being said, imo it was a bit confusing and sorta muddled along. The pacing was weird. IMO the take over of Gotham should have happened sooner. Too much background stuff and didn't get to the 'meat' of the plot. Also, I felt that the takeover of Gotham was a bit played down. IMO that was very important in the movie and they sorta glossed it over. IMO the takeover should have happened sooner and the other Batman stuff later. But that's just me.

IMO Anne Hathaway was a great Selina Kyle and I really liked the Blake character. I had heard about the theory of him taking over the mantle of the Batman from Wayne so that wasn't much of a surprise, but I liked it. They really developed him into a plausible replacement.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm very, very content with the action scenes. Yes, Bruce is a martial arts expert but remember that his age doesn't permit him to pull off acrobatic moves like he could if he was 8 years younger. And besides, can you imagine how insanely difficult it was to move in that thing? The batsuit is ridiculously heavy as it is, imagine having to fight while you're being drenched in water? No wonder Bale was yelling in frustration
    Ahh, very true. I forgot about the practical aspects of the filiming. I can imagine how rough and how long the fight scenes would be to shoot, so great point there! I remember reading about how difficult all the Tumbler scenes were in the last film due to the heat, etc.

I think I'm going to re-watch it this week. So, Nolan is one of the producers for Man of Steel we saw in the trailers... thank GOD we didn't get the JJ Abrams and other incarnations.
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, the Blake thing I forgot to mention. I thought they were totally going to do the Knightfall thing and have Blake take on the Batman mantle while he was injured, especially after Bruce told him that originally the Batman was just a costume. Then they had to go and make him Robin. Oh well.

Also, everytime they said Blake, I kept thinking of Tim Drake... did anyone else?
    Scorpius: Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on, John. Kill her. Do it. Do it.
    John Crichton: [aims gun at Scorpius instead] Nobody has margaritas with pizza.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    he Joker is one of the greatest villains in film history, but it’s more because he’s so insanely charismatic and not really for his physical prowess. I never felt that Batman was going to be bested by The Joker. The same can’t be said for Batman in Rises. Batman has clearly met his match in Bane.
    Absolutely. That's one aspect of Rises that trumps TDK slightly for me. Where as for the Joker you were always wondering what he was going to do in the immediate future, for Bane it's "what's he going to do right now?". The scene where he slowly places an arm on Daggett's shoulder was awesome. Such a simple, yet extremely menacing gesture. Hardy was a beast.

I know a lot of people have some problems with plot holes and logistical concerns. I never really trouble myself with things like this in films. Sure, it seems unlikely Batman would be able to make it back to Gotham in 19 hours without a passport, but having a scene where he tracks down a counterfeiter, travels to the airport, narrowly gets through security and then eats a bag of peanuts on the plane is entirely unnecessary and would make the movie 5 hours long.
    , good point my friend.

I don't know where the franchise is going to go from here, but what I do know is that Nolan has created a masterpiece. He has single-handedly made comic book films box office powerhouses, but more importantly he has taken them from silly popcorn flicks to serious cinema that can be put on a list among some of the best films of any genre. Nolan as made the comic book film relevant, important, timely and most of all, intelligent.
    hear, hear!

There are a few theaters nearby that claim to be "IMAX" but the ration isn't correct. The place I went to see it is a true IMAX (the screen is something like 80 feet high) and true IMAX is something to behold. The theaters are smaller and the screen is closer so that you are really overwhelmed by what's going on. The prologue (plane hijacking scene) was a thing of beauty at that ratio and with that clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSchu22 View Post
    Oh, the Blake thing I forgot to mention. I thought they were totally going to do the Knightfall thing and have Blake take on the Batman mantle while he was injured, especially after Bruce told him that originally the Batman was just a costume. Then they had to go and make him Robin. Oh well.

Also, everytime they said Blake, I kept thinking of Tim Drake... did anyone else?
    I was certain that Blake was going to end up being Greyson, he's the most popular of Robins'.

I don't think that having someone else don the costume would have made much sense ... not enough time to develop that character. And besides, this was always Bruce Wayne's story ... having someone else wear the suit would undermine his struggle and would steal his thunder.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Though Blake's first name is Robin, I think he can still be the Batman and be the "hero with a face" that Bruce talked about in TDK. Recall that Gotham has officially recognized Batman as a hero with the memorial statue.

Do you think Alfred seeing Bruce and Selina at the cafe was coincidence, or did he use the homing device in the pearls to find them?

Country
    Country Flag

Coming out of the theater, I was a bit irritated at the ending, thinking that Blake is meant to become the new Batman/Robin. Having a few days to think about it now, I think it's more that Blake will merely carry on the symbol of Batman, keeping, for lack of better words, a constant flow of hope for Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Do you think Alfred seeing Bruce and Selina at the cafe was coincidence, or did he use the homing device in the pearls to find them?
    Definitely not a coincidence, in my opinion. Bruce more than likely still retained some of his "Batman" resources through Fox and tracked Alfred down as his own personal "I'm okay" gesture.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I know it wasn't exact, but Alfred did tell Bruce he'd been going to that cafe and looking for him. So, while it's unlikely they found the right cafe at the right day and time and sat at the right tables, it had precedent. Also Bruce probably hacked into some flight records or something. I think Alfred believed him dead, so any locating would have been on Bruce's part.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, definitely not coincidence. He got a hold of that information one way or another and decided to to fulfill Alfred's wish of seeing him with someone, a bright future waiting for him.

Gods, I loved that scene.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast