Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2550

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I feel you, but IGN in particular isn't some blogger with a twitter account looking for clout, they're a fairly large and reputable media entertainment website.

Now whether or not IGN tends to look at pop-culture fare through rose colored glasses, that's something to be debated...
    True, but some of that reputation and credibility comes from having early access to these kind of blockbusters. I'm concerned that they won't give a negative review because they don't want to lose their "early access" status. I doubt any of these reviewers would say "It sucks, don't see it", even if they thought that, because they won't bite the hand that feeds them.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Almost 10000 reviews on IMDB and this cut is at a 8.9????????? WTF
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    And currently 78% on RT.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    And currently 78% on RT.
    that is insane no?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Why? I was expecting it to be very good. Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but most of the early reviews have been very positive, some saying this was Snyder's best film ever, and some even claiming this the best DC film ever.

Country
    Country Flag

Why? I was expecting it to be very good. Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but most of the early reviews have been very positive, some saying this was Snyder's best film ever, and some even claiming this the best DC film ever.
    Why? 8.9. That is why. That is higher than many Oscar winners! More than some of our decade winners / top 10's. That is AWESOME and I am pumped to see it.. BUT at the same time.. shocked. Like blown away as that is really high.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a great take from someone who was not a fan of the 2017 version and not a fan of the DCEU in general:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm wondering if the positive audience response is because people are so starved for films of this nature.

Besides Wonder Woman 1984, this is a craving that hasn't been satisfied for most people. I'm just wondering if people are watching it with quarantined colored glasses.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I saw it and I have a few different opinions/thoughts on it. First of all, everything I may have to say not withstanding, it is hands down a significantly better film than the, Whedon piece of crap. There's a complete story, good character development and the action/CGI scenes are outstanding. I'm going to make it a point to try and see this on the big screen and I recommend that anyone wanting to see it do so as well.

I always liked a few of the DC versions of superheroes like, Superman, Batman and the Flash. However, as good a film as this was it still, IMHO does not measure up to virtually any MCU certainly, not "Infinity War/Endgame". To be fair, I suppose it was never really intended to be the DC version of "Infinity War/Endgame", but it will likely be measured against it none the less. I also have to go on record and say that, Affleck as "Batman" does not work for me. I understand that they were trying to continue the "Dark world" feel of the, Nolan Batman films with this movie, but I think it was a mistake. The whole movie has a much darker feel to it than any, MCU film. Much grittier which, I suppose isn't a really bad thing, but it is a bit jarring, IMHO. I also continue to be a bit upset with the way they handled, Superman and how they virtually dismissed the (IMHO) classic "Death of Superman" comic storyline in this film and BvsS. i suppose that's really a personal issue, but it tainted my enjoyment of the film.

It's also very dismaying that from what I hear, Snyder will not have an opportunity to follow up this story with the story he had in mind. So, all the "Epilogue" stuff really kind of leaves you hanging big time. Lastly, they fucked up, "The Flash" big time in this film. Don't get me wrong, he does come off 100 hundred times better as a character in this version as opposed to the theatrical cut, but he's just not the "Flash" I recall from comics back in my day. i don't want to end on a negative note. This is a hundred times better movie than the original and very good entertainment. I suppose that to really enjoy it you have to try to bury any comparison to the MCU. It's a whole different take on super heroes and the comics than the approach, Disney has with the subject. And that can be a very good thing in the end. It certainly, with out a doubt, is a "MUST SEE" movie and should rank high in the genre's anals.

I'm going to be very interested to see where, Warner goes from here with the DCEU. Will they give, Snyder a chance to deliver his entire vision/story? Will they continuie to flesh out the JL with new characters and stories? Will they find a new and better "Batman"? lol The answers to these and many more questions will be very interesting to say the least.

As for a review rating? I'd give it 5.5 out of 6 beers on the RFMRS

EDIT: BTW, don't let the 4 hr run time scare you. The film moves quickly and at a very decent pace such that it doesn't feel like 4 hrs. That is a huge credit to the film in and of itself.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Why? 8.9. That is why. That is higher than many Oscar winners! More than some of our decade winners / top 10's. That is AWESOME and I am pumped to see it.. BUT at the same time.. shocked. Like blown away as that is really high.
    Also, 3.7 on Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/film/zack-sny...ustice-league/

I would trust Letterboxd and RT more than IMDB.

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching it and wow... I had high hopes for this but it simply blew me away. It's funny because the story is largely the same if you just strip it down to "this happens and then this happens and then this happens..." But in fact it's a completely different experience and story. Literally everything was better. The "theatrical version" should not exist. And this shouldn't be called Zack Snyder's Justice League, it should just be Justice League. All four hours are incredibly worth it.

Also, in preparation to watching this, I re-watched Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman (the Ultimate Edition) over the last few days. This movie made me appreciate those two earlier ones even more. I was always a fan of BvS and always defended it, but it's great seeing everything from that movie paid off here. And it's great to see the trilogy close out, with many callbacks to Man of Steel.

It's interesting how DC and WB will handle things going forward. I still doubt this Snyder universe actually has any future, as such. However, next year we have The Flash, which will continue (and intersect) with Snyder's trilogy. Ben is coming back as Batman, so it makes sense it will pick off where Justice League ended. There is also Aquaman 2. Plus, Wonder Woman 3 will probably be set in present day, and HBO Max is also getting a movie about the Amazons. Finally, there is a New Gods movie in the works as well. So, I believe, some of the threads that were mentioned at the very end are part of this alternate universe that Barry will leave behind in his upcoming movie. The multiverse makes all the sense in that case. Even though I would love for this Justice League to continue, there were enough seeds planted that these new movies can expand on them without being part of the same universe, per se. I hope I'm making sense...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching it and wow... I had high hopes for this but it simply blew me away. It's funny because the story is largely the same if you just strip it down to "this happens and then this happens and then this happens..." But in fact it's a completely different experience and story. Literally everything was better. The "theatrical version" should not exist. And this shouldn't be called Zack Snyder's Justice League, it should just be Justice League. All four hours are incredibly worth it.

Also, in preparation to watching this, I re-watched Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman (the Ultimate Edition) over the last few days. This movie made me appreciate those two earlier ones even more. I was always a fan of BvS and always defended it, but it's great seeing everything from that movie paid off here. And it's great to see the trilogy close out, with many callbacks to Man of Steel.

It's interesting how DC and WB will handle things going forward. I still doubt this Snyder universe actually has any future, as such. However, next year we have The Flash, which will continue (and intersect) with Snyder's trilogy. Ben is coming back as Batman, so it makes sense it will pick off where Justice League ended. There is also Aquaman 2. Plus, Wonder Woman 3 will probably be set in present day, and HBO Max is also getting a movie about the Amazons. Finally, there is a New Gods movie in the works as well. So, I believe, some of the threads that were mentioned at the very end are part of this alternate universe that Barry will leave behind in his upcoming movie. The multiverse makes all the sense in that case. Even though I would love for this Justice League to continue, there were enough seeds planted that these new movies can expand on them without being part of the same universe, per se. I hope I'm making sense...
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. So did I. I think maybe one of the reasons I am a little "put-off" by these films is that, Warner never really established the "good times" for all these heroes. Most of the movies dove right into all this intense conflict between the, good guys and the bad guys. We never really get a "feel good super hero film" in the DCEU so far with the possible exception of WW
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

It was better than the Whedon train wreck but that"s not saying much. Ezra is still horrible as the Flash and Cyborg's character was the shining star of the movie. Hell there must have been two hours of slo-mo. I'd give it a 2 out of 5 with Whedon's train wreck getting -2 out of 5.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I think it's just that the vision Snyder had for the DCEU is different. They weren't doing a "reverse Avengers" and they weren't doing what the MCU did, not really. Go ahead and re-watch Man of Steel and BvS, both on HBO Max. It's basically one cohesive story. Taken as a trilogy, they make perfect sense as a starting point to the DCEU. We were then supposed to get all these standalone movies, including a Green Lantern movie. And then everyone would be back for JL2 and fight Darkseid. And then things would end with JL3 and Batman's sacrifice. That's broadly what Snyder has revealed about his plans for the whole thing. So starting off with a bang makes sense in this world. But the key is that Snyder wasn't interested in just setting up an indefinite story like the MCU, he had a whole saga planned out with a beginning, middle, and end. I guess we got to the middle.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I thought it was great. Tons of character development and backstories. Would have been hard to sit through 4 hours in a theater or make it two separate films. It was a completely different film which is odd to say. I enjoyed it very much and Zach really had a great vision. I've always liked DC more and liked how much of the humor didn't exist in this movie. Everything shown melded together and made sense unlike the Joss cut. You appreciated Cyborg a hell of a lot more and I thought that was an important character and Zach shown the viewers why he was. No fake Superman face either! Oh, and that black suit was awesome!!! 8/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I think it's just that the vision Snyder had for the DCEU is different. They weren't doing a "reverse Avengers" and they weren't doing what the MCU did, not really. Go ahead and re-watch Man of Steel and BvS, both on HBO Max. It's basically one cohesive story. Taken as a trilogy, they make perfect sense as a starting point to the DCEU. We were then supposed to get all these standalone movies, including a Green Lantern movie. And then everyone would be back for JL2 and fight Darkseid. And then things would end with JL3 and Batman's sacrifice. That's broadly what Snyder has revealed about his plans for the whole thing. So starting off with a bang makes sense in this world. But the key is that Snyder wasn't interested in just setting up an indefinite story like the MCU, he had a whole saga planned out with a beginning, middle, and end. I guess we got to the middle.
    I got you and I guess it will be a real shame that we never get to see what he had in mind. The "Snyder Cut" was very good if, very different from the MCU and I suppose that is what they wanted and needed. Maybe I'm just too old for some of this stuff. I miss the "Superman" I came to enjoy as a kid. I really wish they could let, Snyder complete his vision.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, after I posted all of that check this out!!! maybe there is hope to be had yet!!!

BTW, quirky as she definitely is, I love, Gracie!!!! lol lol She's a freaking peach!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I just watched the Snyder Cut.

Far better than the Theatrical release - by a great deal. A lot of scenes now make more sense, the broader backstory for the mother boxes is a definite win, and things feel a lot less rushed. And the final confrontation is far superior, with the epilogue setting up some intriguing possibilities we’ll sadly never see.

But I feel the same way about it as I feel about the Lord of the Rings extended editions - great to watch at home, and I’m glad it exists, but overlong and somewhat self indulgent. It’s a bit saggy in places - mostly as the result of cramming origin movie scenes into the same movie as the JL plot.

I think there could be a decent 3+ hour Snyder theatrical release based on this version, by trimming some of the fat. It would still have most of the improvements over the Whedon theatrical release, but be paced better than this 4 hour bloatfest.

Given the choice between the two versions, this one should be considered canon, of course. And I think that, even in its rather bloated form, it’s a better film than its two predecessors in the series.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

One thing that surprised me was that a lot of the scenes I assumed were Whedon additions were in the Snyder version. Honestly, it looks like Whedon simply eviscerated the original movie, and then re-shot existing scenes to change tone, Or to give different explanations for events because of the cut scenes. The story is basically the same.

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    One thing that surprised me was that a lot of the scenes I assumed were Whedon additions were in the Snyder version. Honestly, it looks like Whedon simply eviscerated the original movie, and then re-shot existing scenes to change tone, Or to give different explanations for events because of the cut scenes. The story is basically the same.
    Yes the gist of the story is the same. But it's the fleshed out details that make it coherent. The theatrical cut made little sense, because most of Cyborg's scenes were cut. And he is the actual key to the story. How they decided to remove those scenes is beyond me. Not to mention Barry reversing time. Why would you remove that? I guess they had to since they gutted the original story as it was shot, and also removed Darkseid completely.

Yes, I completely agree. The story is basically the same, but it’s fleshed out much more in the Snyder cut, and executed much better. Scenes have better set up, and you can understand what’s happening because things have been explained better.

I do think some scenes were not strictly necessary, however, and add bloat rather than contributing to the story. It’s nice to see them, But I think you could lose them without hurting the movie too much. The information they give is either repeated in other scenes, or can be inferred by the audience pretty easily.

For example, the first sequence with the flash is fun, but not really necessary. Including it seems like a bit of a self indulgence. Similarly, while I liked the inclusion of more scenes with cyborg, I think they could have been trimmed down to improve pacing. There’s a 45 minute stretch in the movie where the mother box plot just disappears.

These are nitpicks, though. This version is clearly superior, and seeing all those additional scenes is kind of neat, even though it makes the film a bit flabby in places.

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast