Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Film Universe

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I almost teared up when Alfred was at the tombstones. Did it seem like
    Spoiler:
    Talia, Bane and Bruce shared the feeling of purposelessness? Alfred called Bruce out on going after Bane as deathwish-fulfillment, and I don't think Talia and Bane had any escape from Gotham planned once their nuke went off.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really sure why, but my gut said the "Robin" first name mention was just a "wink" to the fans. I feel very definitely that Blake will fill the role of "The Batman" if there were to be future installments. Especially given the "Behind the scenes" statements we have gotten so far from Nolan, Bale, etc. I am almost certain the studio may try to milk another film or two, but w/o Nolan it's pointless to me. Though (sigh) I will probably go see at least the next one!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a fan of JGL, I hope he's not stupid enough to try and make a sequel. It can't be done and he would look ridiculous trying.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FYI, I saw it on IMax and the sound was almost deafening
    I wish there was a real IMAX (we have one, but it only shows documentaries, not movies) near me. Closest one is in PA. I did see it in AMC's "IMAX Experience," which is the next best thing, I suppose. Definitely not the size of a real IMAX screen, but I thought the extra couple dollars was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade
    There are a few theaters nearby that claim to be "IMAX" but the ration isn't correct. The place I went to see it is a true IMAX (the screen is something like 80 feet high) and true IMAX is something to behold. The theaters are smaller and the screen is closer so that you are really overwhelmed by what's going on. The prologue (plane hijacking scene) was a thing of beauty at that ratio and with that clarity.

I think the venue I saw it as is one of the "Lie-Max" screens. It's huge and the sound is incredible, but it's nowhere near the size of a true Imax like the one in Dublin, Ca that is about 35 miles away.
    Here is a list (about 1-2 years old) of true Imax theaters:
    http://www.entertainmentgeekly.com/2...imax-theaters/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I almost teared up when Alfred was at the tombstones. Did it seem like
    Spoiler:
    Talia, Bane and Bruce shared the feeling of purposelessness? Alfred called Bruce out on going after Bane as deathwish-fulfillment, and I don't think Talia and Bane had any escape from Gotham planned once their nuke went off.
    Talia seemed to not mind dying, as long as she completed her father's wish. Bane was going to stick with her to the end no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm not really sure why, but my gut said the "Robin" first name mention was just a "wink" to the fans. I feel very definitely that Blake will fill the role of "The Batman" if there were to be future installments. Especially given the "Behind the scenes" statements we have gotten so far from Nolan, Bale, etc. I am almost certain the studio may try to milk another film or two, but w/o Nolan it's pointless to me. Though (sigh) I will probably go see at least the next one!!!! LOL LOL
    I don't think they'll try and make another film set in Nolan's universe, DC needs to set up a JLA movie and Nolan's universe wouldn't mesh well with other super heroes.

FYI, I saw it on IMax and the sound was almost deafening
    I wish there was a real IMAX (we have one, but it only shows documentaries, not movies) near me. Closest one is in PA. I did see it in AMC's "IMAX Experience," which is the next best thing, I suppose. Definitely not the size of a real IMAX screen, but I thought the extra couple dollars was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade
    There are a few theaters nearby that claim to be "IMAX" but the ration isn't correct. The place I went to see it is a true IMAX (the screen is something like 80 feet high) and true IMAX is something to behold. The theaters are smaller and the screen is closer so that you are really overwhelmed by what's going on. The prologue (plane hijacking scene) was a thing of beauty at that ratio and with that clarity.

I think the venue I saw it as is one of the "Lie-Max" screens. It's huge and the sound is incredible, but it's nowhere near the size of a true Imax like the one in Dublin, Ca that is about 35 miles away.
    Here is a list (about 1-2 years old) of true Imax theaters:
    http://www.entertainmentgeekly.com/2...imax-theaters/
    Los Angeles – Rave 18 IMAX – 350 seats, opened 01/2002

That's the one I saw it in (known as the Howard Hughes Center). I saw Watchmen and The Dark Knight here too. It's seriously, seriously impressive.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just looking at ticket prices for the closest true IMAX near me (PA), and for a MATINEE, the cost is $18.50.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? That's weird. My matinee ticket was $10.50.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

For those of you not from the Boston area, I'll point out that the two Massachusetts true Imax theaters:

MA
    Natick – Jordan’s Furniture IMAX – 279 seats, opened 8/22/2002
    Reading – Jordan’s Furniture IMAX – 465 seats, opened 10/29/2004

...really are located inside Jordan's Furniture stores. To get to the theater, you wind your way through all of the furniture offerings. The theater in Natick, which is the only one I've been to, is the best movie experience I have ever had. Specifically, Avatar in IMax 3d was absolutely perfect. I'm trying to arrange a Batman viewing for tomorrow night with a few friends.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here, an IMAX ticket is 15$ which, I think is fair considering the full experience. I don't mind paying the extra $5
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

We have one of those fake imax theaters, and really all it has over a regular screen is that it's louder. Not worth the $$ imo.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK so, TDKR is making boat loads of cash and how many here think there will be a 4th installment from the studio's w/o Nolan? I vote yes!!! The money-grabbers won't let it go!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it. If anything, Warner Bros. will do a total re-boot down the road without Nolan or his version of Gotham.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I doubt it. If anything, Warner Bros. will do a total re-boot down the road without Nolan or his version of Gotham.
    Really? Somehow, I just don't see that happening at this point, but you never know, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I've been hearing lots of rumblings of a reboot. Really, that's the way I'd want to go. That way we can have alternative takes on some of the villains like Scarecrow, who have much more potential in a world closer to the comics. However, IF they decided to continue in Nolan's world, go the way of Batman Beyond, with villains like Blight, Shriek, Mindbender etc. etc. I'd blissfully ignore them, though.

Graphic novels would be a way to continue Nolan's universe while filming a reboot. Maybe one showing us Bane's origins, one for Catwoman, and then one for John Blake.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i went & saw this opening day. well afternoon really. & i LOVED IT! honestly i thought it was better than the last one. even if Bane sounded a bit like Sean Connery i didn't give a fuck. the film has flaws there's no doubt about it. batman wasn't in it enough. but that really didn't piss me off honestly.

since i had read they were going to follow knightfall & NO Man's Land. pretty much i didn't expect them to do that 100% & since i just LOVE the Knightfall storyline that's my all time favorite story arc it didn't bother me as much as it did others that Batman only was in about 30 minutes of the whole film. since i saw where they were going with it. what i didn't like was how they wrote Alfred. him leaving like that was just NOT something Alfred would do.

that i fucking HATED! Anne Hathaway honestly did a LOT better than i thought she would. my expectations were pretty low there. i like her as an actress and i've been a fan of her's since she did "Get Real" in (1998) i think it was? that was on Fox i believe. it only lasted i think 1 season but it's a great little show. she was like 16 back than. anyways, the ending didn't piss me off like it has apparently a LOT of people.

i've read reviews by people saying how MUCH they fucking HATED IT! and are nitpicking it to death. check the ones out on the IMDB boards ladies and gents it's totally UNREAL! the way that it ended didn't bother me at all. i knew he wasn't dead i loved that he told Gordon who he was.
    i don't think Batman ever has done that to my best of knowlege. so that was pretty fucking sweet i think.

i DID hate another thing though on IMDB trivia i dunno how true this is but it sounds true to me. they say that Nolan didn't mention The Joker cause of Heath Ledger's death out of respect. that's fucked up & PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN ANYTHING in the film. well that & Alfred leaving.

cause i think even Heath Ledger would have wanted his character to have been mentioned at least. even in passing. on where he is. my favorite nitpick that people are doing is when Bruce Escapes they are bitching about how in the next scene he's all of a sudden in Gotham again & how did he get there? honestly i don't really care. it's funny that people are

obssessing about this. sorry about my spelling. yet when other films do this when some character is stranded on say some island with NO WAY to get back and than in the next scene or two later he's back in some city. nobody really cares or thinks about how he gets back. i know i don't really think about it. i think had Nolan put in how he got back to the city if scenes were shot, it would have dragged the film down a bit.

it was long enough. so it was made where instead of showing HOW he got back to the city. he just shows up. i can live with that. see i think the last one was a good film. but NOT a great film. i don't think Ledger was as good as people say he was. he wasn't terrible by any means

he was in some scenes just way over the top. and over acting in some parts. the make-up was fucking terrible for the joker. see i prefer Jack Nicholoson. it's funny how for years people would say how much they love the (1989) film cause on how dark the film is. and how it sure has it's flaws to. but it was done right they said. oh i'm not saying there weren't people that didn't like it i'm sure there were. but since "Batman Begins'

came out there seems to be MORE haters for the (1989) version than there used to be. i saw the (1989) version in the theatre back than & i loved it than. i still love the film. christian bale was a good batman but so was "Michael Keaton", "Val Kilmer" did a decent job but i still don't know why he was even cast.

& "Clooney' was really miscast. "Batman & Robin" as bad as people say it is, i don't mind the film. i kinda like it. but it is the worst batman film there's no doubt. there is way to many faults and mistakes made. such as the city, when i went & saw that back than i thought to myself damn he paid more detail to the city than the story. batman forever i think paid more attention to the story.

but everyone's got their favorites and everyone has their least favorite. i've enjoyed all of them. they all have their charm. yet i do understand why people hate batman and robin. there are worst movies out there than that one is all i'm saying.

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding your spoiler:
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Sloth Love Chunk

I feel silly for only just realizing that
    Spoiler:
    Bruce giving Blake access to the cave is sort of a reference to the ending of DKR where either Bruce or Batman was seen instructing the reformed Sons of the Batman.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    What? It's only a flesh wound!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel silly for only just realizing that Bruce giving Blake access to the cave is sort of a reference to the ending of DKR where either Bruce or Batman was seen instructing the reformed Sons of the Batman. .
    You don't have to mark your spoilers in here brah! It's open fire.

I thought they were going to go the Dark Knight Returns route and have all of the orphans work for Bruce as his mini-army. That would have been so awesome. Maybe Blake will enlist their help?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, and she's got a fantastic arse, too!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

I feel silly for only just realizing that Bruce giving Blake access to the cave is sort of a reference to the ending of DKR where either Bruce or Batman was seen instructing the reformed Sons of the Batman. .
    You don't have to mark your spoilers in here brah! It's open fire.

I thought they were going to go the Dark Knight Returns route and have all of the orphans work for Bruce as his mini-army. That would have been so awesome. Maybe Blake will enlist their help?
    Blake could train them, maybe. If he does decide to take up the mantle as Batman, I think he'd be considered the "hero with a face" Gotham needed in Harvey Dent. After the memorial statue of Batman the city built, I wonder if they'd have him leading a special division of the GPD or working directly with Gordon.

Also: Talia > Catwoman when it comes to looks.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i dunno why people are thinking the idea that they made Blake to be the next batman. when i did NOT get that at all. i don't just mean some people here but others online as on say IMDB. they i think were going to just have him Be Robin. that was i think the idea. yes in the comics i believe Tim Drake who my guess that was suppose to be on some level. even though it had a Dick Grayson storyline of him being raised an orphan. i just meant

his name Blake. so if they said his real name is Robin which is strange that they'd put that as his real name to be honest. but i think the point was to have him BE Robin. or at least him become him at some point. yes that would have been sweet if they had the kids be a mini-army.

but my guess is they can get away with a LOT in comics but just NOT in the movies maybe? pretty much how back in say (1981) we can have a film like that terrible piece of shit of a film "Bloody Birthday" which i just watched for the 1st time about a couple weeks ago. where the kids

are the killers. hence that is a film that would NOT be remade today or be made at ALL! cuz the killers are 3 kids. my point is that was prolly left out since the killers would be kids. if they had them kill some villians of course. that would have been sweet though.

The thing is,Blake has no reason to name his vigilante Robin. Batman has pretty much been identified as Gotham's hero, so for this film universe it would be more sensible for him to assume the mantle of Batman. Since most of Gotham believes the Batman to be dead, Blake could play up the elements of theatricality and deception if he does take up the role.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Catwoman has a nice *.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Yeah, and she's got a fantastic arse, too!
    I heaaaaaaardddddddd that.

After the memorial statue of Batman the city built, I wonder if they'd have him leading a special division of the GPD or working directly with Gordon.
    I never considered this angle ... but that sounds amazing. We know for sure that the GCPD won't hunt him down as he was pretty much their leader during that fnial assault.

Also: Talia > Catwoman when it comes to looks.
    Marion Cotillard is divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i dunno why people are thinking the idea that they made Blake to be the next batman. when i did NOT get that at all. i don't just mean some people here but others online as on say IMDB. they i think were going to just have him Be Robin. that was i think the idea. yes in the comics i believe Tim Drake who my guess that was suppose to be on some level. even though it had a Dick Grayson storyline of him being raised an orphan. i just meant

his name Blake. so if they said his real name is Robin which is strange that they'd put that as his real name to be honest. but i think the point was to have him BE Robin. or at least him become him at some point. yes that would have been sweet if they had the kids be a mini-army.
    The Robin thing was just a fan service for the audience.

Remember during the final scenes we see Gordon at the top of the GCPD building and there's a brand new bat symbol? Nolan was hinting that Gotham would always have a Batman.

Plus, the city recognizes Batman as it's savior and sigul of hope (the statue). It wouldn't make sense to introduce a brand new superhero when the foundation has been laid.

The thing is,Blake has no reason to name his vigilante Robin. Batman has pretty much been identified as Gotham's hero, so for this film universe it would be more sensible for him to assume the mantle of Batman. Since most of Gotham believes the Batman to be dead, Blake could play up the elements of theatricality and deception if he does take up the role.
    This.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast