Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 130 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The best description ever (in a NSFW clip):

Spoiler:
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    The best description ever (in a NSFW clip):

Spoiler:
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here watch the animated series?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Clone Wars? I've heard a lot of great things about that. I'm really tempted to check it out, but I wasn't impressed from the film. Heard the tv series is a lot better, though.

- Melike

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Disney is purchasing Lucasfilm. Episode 7 expected in 2015.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...pe=companyNews
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

So..adapt the EU or keep it original? I'd prefer they go ahead with whatever story they wish to tell, rather than be constrained by the EU fiction. I wouldn't mind an adaption of Salvatore's EU novel though; he's a good writer and deserves a film adaption of one of his books.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Disney is purchasing Lucasfilm. Episode 7 expected in 2015.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...pe=companyNews
    This is a "good" thing I hope, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Do they have any say in the Star Wars MMO? Was kinda curious in that area...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm optimistic. +1 to the "Yes, good news" column. (On the whole.)
    And on the EU question, I'm going to voice the other side: they should try harder than the prequels did to adhere to continuity. At least, honor the Zahn novels: the Clone Wars cartoons have canonized some cartoonish nonsense that certainly should not constrain the new direction... and they did so exactly because they wanted to be free to tell their little stories more than they wanted to make sense. (Please ask me to give examples, if you want. Please! I'm-a chomping at the bit to complain, so long as it's not boorish.)

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

According to my roommate who is a self-professed aficionado, Pablo Hidalgo is now involved and he is known in the Star Wars community as the "Continuity Cop." It's his job to make sure they don't fuck it up...too badly, at least. Supposedly he's already given those in charge of the new franchise heavily notated continuity guides, reading suggestions (implying Expanded Universe adaptations?) and whatnot. So it might not be 100% awful, automatically. Either way, I think it'll be hard to pass too much judgement until they actually give some information about what they are planning to do for sure, and whatnot.

All I know is that Steph is very concerned they will ruin it forever, and will even cease being at a fan at that point. So I've already told her she can give all of her rare collectible items to me

Edited to add: might NOT be awful. changes the entire meaning...oops

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

To me, the reboot film ruined Star Trek. Blew away all coherence. But then again, it was already 1000% more incoherent than Star Wars ever has been. SW never went for time travel or alternate universe excuses at all. The novels, at least, read as the same reality, like they were all written from one source... and many comics and media, too.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm up for new SW films, but just the mention of Disney has me feeling a bit iffy. So hopefully they leave the details to those who know what they are doing....

Oh and if they add too many Disney type kid friendly Jar Jar characters, I'll be pissed.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    I'm up for new SW films, but just the mention of Disney has me feeling a bit iffy. So hopefully they leave the details to those who know what they are doing....

Oh and if they add too many Disney type kid friendly Jar Jar characters, I'll be pissed.
    I think the POTC trilogy speaks to the proper treatment of the SW franchise. May even be good to have Lucas as only a consultant this time around. JMHO

One thing for sure, there is gonna be a shitload of more merchandise though!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

and what will that do to the value of the merch that is already out now that is worth a lot. Will it go down in value if it is bombarded with the new stuff that everyone can get at a lower price?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CoolFlare View Post
    and what will that do to the value of the merch that is already out now that is worth a lot. Will it go down in value if it is bombarded with the new stuff that everyone can get at a lower price?
    Well, I suppose the editions will count, but I'm not exactly "into" that collectible market.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I understand that reasoning...if everyone is clambering for the new merchandise, they'll naturally want the old collectibles as well. There'll be much more of a demand. Not like they're going rerelease "Han Solo on Hoth" action figure...of course, I'm more referencing the old merchandise. I have no idea about the newer, re-issued stuff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D. Wolfwood View Post
    I don't know if I understand that reasoning...if everyone is clambering for the new merchandise, they'll naturally want the old collectibles as well. There'll be much more of a demand. Not like they're going rerelease "Han Solo on Hoth" action figure...of course, I'm more referencing the old merchandise. I have no idea about the newer, re-issued stuff.
    I have an inkling that you will be amazed!! Ever been to "Disneyland: in Fla or CA? Or the "Disney Stores in every mall in America?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you realize how many waves of SW merchandise have come out already?
    No amount will depress the market, apparently. People still pay for even the obscure & obsolete stuff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Do you realize how many waves of SW merchandise have come out already?
    No amount will depress the market, apparently. People still pay for even the obscure & obsolete stuff.

My point exactly!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I'm optimistic. +1 to the "Yes, good news" column. (On the whole.)
    And on the EU question, I'm going to voice the other side: they should try harder than the prequels did to adhere to continuity...
    The films shouldn't have to any adhere to any continuity other than that of the original films themselves. All of the EU novels have repeatedly been deemed non-canon.

Having said that, however. I would LOVE to see elements from the EU appear in the new trilogy. That seems unlikely, however, with this latest bit of news ...

Star Wars VII will be an original story.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Definitely gonna have to wait and see for this one. I'm interested in seeing what happens, certainly.

- Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I heard the EU is not considered canon, so it won't be used for the films. I hope this is true, because I have heard plot synopses of the EU, and a lot of it sounds idiotic. Also, I'm too lazy to go out and read five hundred books and play multiple video games AND watch a cartoon.

If someone is policing continuity, it better damn well be OT continuity, and none of the prequel nonsense that contradicted them. Honestly, I don't really consider the prequels canon, either. I'm that far in denial over them.

Christopher Nolan and Episode 7

Discuss.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    ... Honestly, I don't really consider the prequels canon, either. ...
    Exactly. A lot of the "non-canon" stuff is indeed pretty idiotic, but not as much so as a lot of the more (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon)* canon stuff is! And some of it is better. I wasn't really trying to say that the Episode 7 story should BE the story from the novel Heir to the Empire; I just mean that they should NOT do stuff like taking the name of some planet from that book to use, and use only the name while ignoring what it was all about. Dumb, dumb, idiotic stuff like making C-3P0 turn out to have been built by Anakin just to get him into your movie, even though it would make more sense if he were not around until the later movies!
    What I would like from the EU would be sensible introductions to major canon of some of the better elements... like an appearance of the Caamasi.

---------------
    In 2000, Lucas Licensing appointed Leland Chee to create a continuity-tracking database referred to as the Holocron continuity database. The Holocron follows the canon policy that has been in effect for years, but the capabilities of database software allow for each element of a story, rather than the stories themselves, to be classified on their own merits.

The Holocron's database includes an area for a single-letter (G, T, C, S or N) representing the level of canonicity of that element; these letters have since informally been applied to the levels of canon themselves: G-canon, T-canon, C-canon, S-canon and N-canon. As part of his work with the Holocron, Chee was responsible for the creation of this classification, and he spent the early stages developing and refining them into what they are today.

G, T, C and S together form the overall Star Wars continuity. Each ascending level typically overrides the lower ones; for example, Boba Fett's back story was radically altered with the release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, forcing the retcon of older source material to fall in line with the new G-canon back story. However, this is not always absolute, and the resolution of all contradictions is handled on a case-by-case basis.

G-canon is George Lucas Canon; the six Episodes and any statements by George Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources are also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources is C-canon. When the matter of changes between movie versions arises, the most recently released editions are deemed superior to older ones, as they correct mistakes, improve consistency between the two trilogies, and express Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely. The deleted scenes included on the DVDs are also considered G-canon (when they're not in conflict with the movie).[1]
    T-canon,[2] or Television Canon[3], refers to the canon level comprising the feature film Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the two television shows Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series.[4][5] It was devised recently in order to define a status above the C-Level canon, as confirmed by Chee[6].

C-canon is Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games are a special case, as generally only the stories are C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not be;[7] they also offer non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have been known to appear in the movies, thus making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters and Action VI transports.

S-canon is Secondary Canon; the materials are available to be used or ignored as needed by current authors. This includes mostly older works, such as much of the Marvel Star Wars comics, that predate a consistent effort to maintain continuity; it also contains certain elements of a few otherwise N-canon stories, and other things that "may not fit just right." Many formerly S-canon elements have been elevated to C-canon through their inclusion in more recent works by continuity-minded authors, while many other older works (such as The Han Solo Adventures) were accounted for in continuity from the start despite their age, and thus were always C-canon.

N is Non-Canon. What-if stories (such as stories published under the Infinities label) and anything else directly and irreconcilably contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N is the only level that is not considered canon by Lucasfilm. Information cut from canon, deleted scenes, or from canceled Star Wars works falls into this category as well, unless another canonical work references it and it is declared canon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 130 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast