Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3234

Thread: Star Wars Discussion

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Also, a big thanks to mae for the watchlist to catch me up on the animated series that adds a lot to the backstory of The Mandalorian.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Also, a big thanks to mae for the watchlist to catch me up on the animated series that adds a lot to the backstory of The Mandalorian.
    You're so welcome! I really hope Star Wars fans who have avoided the animated series but are loving The Mandalorian see that it's being made by a lot of the same people and continue a lot of the stories and characters introduced in those series. And they finally take the plunge. Because the upcoming series will only to continue to expand on this.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a thought, but aren't they taking a bit of a risk pulling Grogu out of the scene so soon? I mean he was/is the marquee character after the Mandalorian, I assuming he has to be off with, Luke for a few years training, right? Also, did anyone else think that, Grogu might be the fabled "Chosen One" that they thought, Anakin was? Space Gus had a line stating that, Grogu would be the one to "bring back balance to the force". That would have to be after the events of the last 3 films, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Unreal. NO WORDS. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100%!
    Just imagine what Favreau/Filoni could have done with the last trilogy with all the resourses and talent available for those films...!
    I couldn't agree more. I was totally geeking out by the end. It sucks to wait year but I have a whole lot of viewing to do between now and then.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For sure! I'm almost to the end of what I consider Season 1 based off the list. I have to make myself stop and go to bed. Those 25 minutes fly by and you just want more.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yup.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm not really too worried about spoilers, but holy shit... I don't understand why the major news cycles like Yahoo and Google can't at least make an attempt to censor the headlines to their news articles.

I literally opened up google on my phone and the first headline right below the search bar is

Spoiler:
    "Mark Hamill on his Secret Appareance in 'The Madalorian' Season Finale".

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guys, I have mixed feelings about the S2 finale...

Spoiler:
    I get the whole "omg its freaking Luke Skywalker!!!!" thing. I get it, it was definitely a cool moment and seeing Luke mow down the Dark Troopers was in a way cathartic; he finally got the bad ass, Vader-In-Rogue-One moment that the sequels never afforded him.

Now I thought the show was doing a fantastic job of flirting with the lore of the larger SW universe without necessarily being prisoner to the Skywalker saga. With Luke's introduction, his character is now a black hole that's going to consume everything that happens in Mandalorian. Star Wars has always been criticized for making the galaxy feel small, everybody is connected to the Skywalkers in some way. Now the Mandalorian is going to perpetuate that sin.

Idk, I'm really conflicted about the whole thing. I want to be uber excited about them tying into the main pipeline, it's Luke freaking Skywalker after all, I just can't shake the feeling that it would it have been better off being a contained story for just a little longer.

Hopefully Favreau proves me wrong. We'll see...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...spinoff-series
    It has been three days since The Mandalorian successfully wrapped up its 8-episode second season on Disney+, and by now most Star Wars fans have already heard about its intriguing post-credits scene teasing The Book of Boba Fett. However, the announced project was unclear to many viewers as many were wondering if this would be another separate series or a continuation of The Mandalorian because its target December 2021 date is around the same time as the upcoming third season.

The Book of Boba Fett, a new Original Series, starring Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen and executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez, set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, is coming to @DisneyPlus Dec. 2021. pic.twitter.com/YT2zbLufI8

— Star Wars (@starwars) December 21, 2020

Now, in recent report by Variety, it has been confirmed that The Book of Boba Fett is indeed another The Mandalorian spinoff series alongside previously announced Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic. According to the outlet, the Temuera Morrison-led series will be executive produced by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, who are reportedly trying to adopt Marvel Studios’ successful MCU format. They are developing the three new series within The Mandalorian timeline in hopes of building up a major story event that would possibly bring all these characters together. Thus, giving Lucasfilm its very own Avengers moment.

Boba Fett spin-offs have been tried by Lucasfilm a few times, but have never quite made it to production. When Lucasfilm first announced a live-action TV Series under George Lucas, Fett should have been part. That one never happened because the technology and budget never quite worked out. Then, when Star Wars spin-off movies like Rogue One were first announced, Josh Trank intended to make a Boba-centric film. That didn’t happen after Trank’s difficulties with Fantastic Four became public. At the time, Michael Fassbender was one name rumored to play the bounty hunter.

The Mandalorian is executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist serveS as co-executive producer. The directing lineup for Season 2 consists of Robert Rodriguez (Alita: Battle Angel), Peyton Reed, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Dave Filoni, Carl Weathers and Jon Favreau.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Guys, I have mixed feelings about the S2 finale...

Spoiler:
    I get the whole "omg its freaking Luke Skywalker!!!!" thing. I get it, it was definitely a cool moment and seeing Luke mow down the Dark Troopers was in a way cathartic; he finally got the bad ass, Vader-In-Rogue-One moment that the sequels never afforded him.

Now I thought the show was doing a fantastic job of flirting with the lore of the larger SW universe without necessarily being prisoner to the Skywalker saga. With Luke's introduction, his character is now a black hole that's going to consume everything that happens in Mandalorian. Star Wars has always been criticized for making the galaxy feel small, everybody is connected to the Skywalkers in some way. Now the Mandalorian is going to perpetuate that sin.

Idk, I'm really conflicted about the whole thing. I want to be uber excited about them tying into the main pipeline, it's Luke freaking Skywalker after all, I just can't shake the feeling that it would it have been better off being a contained story for just a little longer.

Hopefully Favreau proves me wrong. We'll see...
    I totally disagree with this. Fan Service this was not... at. All. It really works with the story AND makes total sense. I thought after I watched it about just what you wrote and unlike the movies... it fit the story so well... it just made sense.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Well, that sounds interesting. I wondered why they would split off three new series set in the same timeframe as the Mandalorian. I was fearing that it might make that time frame a little overcrowded. But if the intent is that they are working toward some larger story arc, then I am very interested to see what they do with that.

And honestly, I’m interested to see what they do with the Boba Fett series. Not because I particularly like Boba Fett – I’ve never really understood the fascination with that character - but I like the actor who plays him, and I am impressed that they brought him back from the prequel trilogy.

To your point, Fernandito:
    Spoiler:
    I was not so concerned about the appearance of a character from the main Star Wars story arc. It seems to me that the Mandalorian does not become part of other peoples stories. He has his own path, and other characters from the larger universe cross it briefly. I don’t think we will see the Mandalorian teaming up long-term with any of these characters in season three.

And as for Luke appearing, that made total sense to me. Grogu called out to other Jedi at the top of the mountain, and let’s face it, the number of people who would reply to that call is pretty small. But I don’t think Luke’s appearance means that the Mandalorian is now “part of the Skywalker story”. Those two storylines just intersected briefly.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    To your point, Fernandito:
    Spoiler:
    I was not so concerned about the appearance of a character from the main Star Wars story arc. It seems to me that the Mandalorian does not become part of other peoples stories. He has his own path, and other characters from the larger universe cross it briefly. I don’t think we will see the Mandalorian teaming up long-term with any of these characters in season three.

And as for Luke appearing, that made total sense to me. Grogu called out to other Jedi at the top of the mountain, and let’s face it, the number of people who would reply to that call is pretty small. But I don’t think Luke’s appearance means that the Mandalorian is now “part of the Skywalker story”. Those two storylines just intersected briefly.
    Spoiler:
    Agreed, but that doesn't mean it necessarily had to be Luke Skywalker. There were other options bandied about on the web that would were also viable. Granted they may not have been as tantalizing as arguably the central figure in SW lore, but the show was doing just fine on its without the inclusion of central figures from the OT. Like I said, I hope Favreau proves me wrong tho.

Also, is it too much to hope for that Disney taps Sebastian Stan into playing Luke full time? I know he's busy with a bunch of MCU stuff, but dammit he already works for the Mouse, it would not be a stretch at all for them to realize that this particular in-house talent bears more than a striking resemblance to Luke! I just don't like the idea of Luke being a 100% CGI rendition for the remainder of the show and Stan would be a perfect fit.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Spoiler:
    It would not have had the same impact though, particularly to people who aren’t as familiar with the expanded universe - me, for example :-)

To be brutally honest, I’ve never been comfortable with the idea that there are all these other Jedi or Proto Jedi wandering around in the rebellion era Star Wars universe. It was a crucial aspect of the original trilogy that Luke was their only hope at reviving the Jedi order (other than Leia). The expanding universe introducing other surviving Jedi, or Jedi Padawan‘s, has never sat well with me.

I would be surprised if we see Luke Skywalker again in the Mandalorian series. They needed a satisfying ending to the baby Yoda story arc, and I think introducing Luke gave it that wow factor. If they do, though, I agree that Sebastian Stan would be the ideal choice.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I think we'll see Luke and Grogu somewhere down the line. It seems too big of a reveal for it to end there. I think that at the end of S3 or S4, if enough time has passed in-show, Din will find himself in a bad situation and a partially grown-up Grogu will swoop in to save the day, wielding the Force like a bad mf.

Cue heartfelt reunion. Cue flow of tears.

Country
    Country Flag

Baby Yoda

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Baby Yoda
    He wont change for MANY more years.... Disney isn't giving up on their biggest character in a generation. LOL Ill be dead before he is older than he is now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon Favreau Shares 'Boba Fett' Spinoff Details

[This story contains spoilers for The Mandalorian season two.]

Spoiler:
    Robert Rodriguez, who helmed the big Boba Fett episode of 'The Mandalorian' this season, will serve as executive producer.

The Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau shared a few more details about the big surprises in Dec. 18's season finale of the Star Wars series.

In a post-credits scene, Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) and Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) enter Jaba's palace on Tatooine, with Fett taking the throne. Then, a title card reveals the surprise that a new series, The Book of Boba Fett, will debut Christmas 2021.

What was not revealed until Monday is that Robert Rodriguez, the Sin City filmmaker who directed this season's Fett-centric episode "The Tragedy," will serve as executive producer, along with Favreau and Mandalorian executive producer Dave Filoni. Favreau also confirmed during an interview on Good Morning America that The Book of Boba Fett is not replacing season three of The Mandalorian, which will unfurl after Fett and will center on the Mandalorian character audiences have grown to love.

Favreau also shared his jitters over keeping the return of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker a secret, likening it to keeping Baby Yoda a surprise in the season one premiere.

"Every piece of casting leaked. And we were so scared right up until it aired that our surprise cameo was going to leak too," said Favreau.

The Book of Boba Fett joins two other spinoffs set in the world of The Mandalorian, including Rangers of the New Republic as well as Ahsoka, centering on Rosario Dawson's fan-favorite character. They will build up to an event, a la Marvel's The Avengers. In all, Disney+ will air 11 separate Star Wars shows over the next few years.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Robert Rodriguez, who helmed the big Boba Fett episode of 'The Mandalorian' this season, will serve as executive producer.

The Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau shared a few more details about the big surprises in Dec. 18's season finale of the Star Wars series.

In a post-credits scene, Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) and Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) enter Jaba's palace on Tatooine, with Fett taking the throne. Then, a title card reveals the surprise that a new series, The Book of Boba Fett, will debut Christmas 2021.

What was not revealed until Monday is that Robert Rodriguez, the Sin City filmmaker who directed this season's Fett-centric episode "The Tragedy," will serve as executive producer, along with Favreau and Mandalorian executive producer Dave Filoni. Favreau also confirmed during an interview on Good Morning America that The Book of Boba Fett is not replacing season three of The Mandalorian, which will unfurl after Fett and will center on the Mandalorian character audiences have grown to love.

Favreau also shared his jitters over keeping the return of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker a secret, likening it to keeping Baby Yoda a surprise in the season one premiere.

"Every piece of casting leaked. And we were so scared right up until it aired that our surprise cameo was going to leak too," said Favreau.

The Book of Boba Fett joins two other spinoffs set in the world of The Mandalorian, including Rangers of the New Republic as well as Ahsoka, centering on Rosario Dawson's fan-favorite character. They will build up to an event, a la Marvel's The Avengers. In all, Disney+ will air 11 separate Star Wars shows over the next few years.
    Do you think that all these shows will build for a few years like Avengers and play out the final on the big screen? I think Baby Yoda will be the eventual balance too....

Spoiler:
    the way Yoda trained Luke.. now he trains Baby Yoda... I think baby yoda brings back the emperor too. I think that he was always 'the one' and it will have taken all the movies and shows to show it.. if done right.. could be amazing!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

All in all, I’m really pleased with the way that the Mandalorian season two handled the EU characters. I was really concerned that they would take over the main storyline, or overshadow Mando himself. But neither of those things happened; the Mandalorian remained the front and center throughout. Even Boba Fett was a secondary character, despite having original trilogy cred.

The spinoff series means that the secondary characters can get more screen time, while keeping the Mandalorian a loner. I like that formula. As much as I like the secondary characters, I don’t want the Mandalorian to become an ensemble piece.

Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Baby Yoda
    He wont change for MANY more years.... Disney isn't giving up on their biggest character in a generation. LOL Ill be dead before he is older than he is now.

Spoiler:

Do you think that all these shows will build for a few years like Avengers and play out the final on the big screen? I think Baby Yoda will be the eventual balance too....

Spoiler:
    the way Yoda trained Luke.. now he trains Baby Yoda... I think baby yoda brings back the emperor too. I think that he was always 'the one' and it will have taken all the movies and shows to show it.. if done right.. could be amazing!!!

So what are your thoughts regarding, Grogu? As I said above the finale seems to indicate that he goes off for training with, Luke (who is only going to make sporadic appearances if at all) for many years. As far as they have announced so far that would seem to take him off camera and not part of the ongoing stories. I mean, I agree with you, Grogu is money to Disney but I don't see how they will bring him back to the fold. According to what I have seen and heard all the new stuff seems to be in the timeline immediately following ROTJ. Love to hear some theories here.

BTW, I agree with you. I think that, Grogu will eventually be deemed "The One". I don't know about, the Emperor though. I think they want to get away from that whole thing and its ties to the final 3 films. I think a new ultimate bad guy will be introduced. And yes, apparently they plan to follow the MCU formula and eventually come to a "Star Wars Avengers" type thing.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

One thing to keep in mind that The Mandalorian is set 5 years after Episode 6. We know that later Luke creates his Jedi Academy where Ben Solo slaughters a bunch of padawans. Was Grogu one of them? This would be still a long time from now, but it's something to keep in mind. But Grogu will be back, 100%. Also, I don't believe they want to move away from the sequels. I think the Empire wanted Grogu's blood to work on the Palpatine clone. Was that an early version of Snoke we saw in a tank? Dr. Pershing is said to be working on clones and that makes perfect sense.

Country
    Country Flag

One thing to keep in mind that The Mandalorian is set 5 years after Episode 6. We know that later Luke creates his Jedi Academy where Ben Solo slaughters a bunch of padawans. Was Grogu one of them? This would be still a long time from now, but it's something to keep in mind. But Grogu will be back, 100%.
    Disney will not kill him. Never.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast