Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That scene with Salma Hayek where she drips the alcohol down her leg and off her foot. Oofff.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how I always find myself in these situations, but I got roped into another Tarantino argument. Yes, it's an article about an upcoming Christopher Nolan film, but like most movie arguments on the internet, it quickly turned into a Tarantino bash fest.

I couldn't let some punk do QT like that. Matt, you love stuff like this, so we could tag team this guy if you want.

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/c...t-list-wrapper

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not worried about Tarantino retiring after 2 more movies. He has stated multiple times that after he does two more films he would like to do something different like write books or create a TV show. Both would be amazing. He has also stated that after he is done with that he would go back and direct a few more films as long as he has a good idea, which I'm sure he has plenty.

Tarantino loves filmmaking too much to ride off into the sun set so early.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't know what I'll do if he ever stops making movies.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I don't know what I'll do if he ever stops making movies.
    It's not something I like to think about. Honestly, he loves film too much to just stop cold turkey.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That scene with Salma Hayek where she drips the alcohol down her leg and off her foot. Oofff.
    That scene molded my sexuality when I was ten.

I read that convo you had with that guy there Mike...which was months ago, apparently, and I never saw it lol. It's obvious he was the fool and Tarantino films go over his head. The funny thing is I somewhat used to agree with him. I lauded Tarantino as a screenwriter but always felt that, visually, he borrowed to much and I even made up a 'Design your own Tarantino movie' joke, where if you added criminal/underbelly types, homages to movies 20 years or more years old, hip music, and a non-linear plot' you'd get a Tarantino picture. Then he made Inglourious Basterds, which is just a masterpiece, and I felt to be by far the most visually original thing he's made. Of course, people would think I was a QT hater despite the fact I love Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill and really liked Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown. I just had trouble considering him a great director for awhile, as it was his screenplays and his obvious report with his actors which were his greatest strengths, and still are his greatest strengths.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

About him making just ten movies, I saw in an interview where he said he keeps the idea of just ten movies in his head as kind of a way of making the movies the best they can be. Like if just ten movies is all he gets to make in his life, then he had better make them the best he can. Sort of keeping himself on the razor's edge. It reminds me of people that excel only if they are up against a deadline or have some sort of block in their way that they must overcome. It seems to me that he will, if he can, make more than just the ten.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    About him making just ten movies, I saw in an interview where he said he keeps the idea of just ten movies in his head as kind of a way of making the movies the best they can be. Like if just ten movies is all he gets to make in his life, then he had better make them the best he can. Sort of keeping himself on the razor's edge. It reminds me of people that excel only if they are up against a deadline or have some sort of block in their way that they must overcome. It seems to me that he will, if he can, make more than just the ten.
    I can roll with that. Makes a lot of sense.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm giving away a digital code for The Hateful Eight.

I won it in a contest, but I already have it. First person that comments gets it. Thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm giving away a digital code for The Hateful Eight.

I won it in a contest, but I already have it. First person that comments gets it. Thanks.

Ahem, I have the "Screener". Ahem!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Sorry, couldn't resist the gloat!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What's a digital code, for a download of the movie? I still have to pick this one up, but I want a dvd.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take the code if still available.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What's a digital code, for a download of the movie? I still have to pick this one up, but I want a dvd.
    Yeah, it's the digital download. Since you want the physical disc, you won't mind if I give it to Br!an then, right?

Nope not at all

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There are whispers that Tarantino is being tapped to direct Deadpool 2 since Tim Miller left the project for creative differences.

Not sure I like that. I'm not into superhero movies at all. I'd much prefer he stick with original material. Do you think if that were to actually happen that he would write the script as well?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it would be a match made in heaven. Deadpool's universe is ripe for perverse, wall breaking humor and tongue in cheek violence and would mesh well with QT's style.

It's closer to not happening than yes, but I'd love to it come to fruition.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As interesting as that would be, I want original films from him. If he's truly only going to direct a handful of films before he rides off into the sunset, then I want him to stick to directing things he's written himself and that isn't based on another property. I think he's only done that once with Jackie Brown.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was great, but I still hate the idea of a QT Star Trek film. If it's really true and he only has a few movies left, I want to see him continue to make original films.

I really hope he doesn't make a Star Trek movie too. He should stick with only original stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast