Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm awaiting lynching's for this opinion I've been led to believe it's simply wrong.[/QUOTE]
    Now that's a whole different director.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey my friends are militant! Also that's quite the hairdo...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I will never understand why people love Pulp Fiction so much.
    Maybe, for me anyway, it's because I've known people like the characters in the film. Same for Goodfella's. I've been in bars in NYC where that "I amuse you" conversation actually did break out and the fists flew. Ahhh, the old days!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    I am delighted that you said this my friends constantly bug me over the fact that I wasn't that big of a fan of pulp fiction. It was a decent movie, but I thought over-rated! I'm awaiting lynching's for this opinion I've been led to believe it's simply wrong.
    We'll be lynched together.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Maybe, for me anyway, it's because I've known people like the characters in the film. Same for Goodfella's. I've been in bars in NYC where that "I amuse you" conversation actually did break out and the fists flew. Ahhh, the old days!! LOL
    You bring up a good point. I always think it's interesting how people can have different opinions on the same text or film based on their own life experiences.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Pulp Fiction. Rewatched it a week or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito
    Pulp Fiction is still his masterpiece to me
    Not thinking Inglourious Basterds is Tarantino's masterpiece...that's a paddling.

Three paddlings
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Now he's gonna take that big-ole bat of his, and he's gonna beat you to death with it!" What a movie!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I humbly submit that each of his films are a "Masterpiece" in their own way. He has a way of taking old, tried and true genre's and making tham his own with his own take and twist on the story. What was done before on the obvious surface of the subject, QT digs deeper and finds the roots. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I humbly submit that each of his films are a "Masterpiece" in their own way. He has a way of taking old, tried and true genre's and making tham his own with his own take and twist on the story. What was done before on the obvious surface of the subject, QT digs deeper and finds the roots. JMHO
    I have to agree, his method of story telling is amazing! We've some great movies to look back on and chat about because of him.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am delighted that you said this my friends constantly bug me over the fact that I wasn't that big of a fan of pulp fiction. It was a decent movie, but I thought over-rated! I'm awaiting lynching's for this opinion I've been led to believe it's simply wrong.
    Just because one other person shares the same feelings as you, doesn't mean you're not still wrong.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone's response will be different, but here's mine...

It's the zenith of pop culture cinema. It doesn't follow any guidelines and plays fast and loose with any perceived 'rules'; the characters go on lengthy bouts of dialogue about fast food and TV, the timeline zips back and forth. There really isn't a "point" to speak of, it's an exercise consisting almost purely of style and substance.

It has everything needed to make an entertaining film; quirky characters, insanely quotable dialogue, punctuated by moments of visceral, sometime disturbing aspersions of violence (classic QT).

To seek a 'point' to it is really doing it a disservice to its many strengths. It doesn't have or need one anymore than an abstract painting does.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the zenith of pop culture cinema. It doesn't follow any guidelines and plays fast and loose with any perceived 'rules'; the characters go on lengthy bouts of dialogue about fast food and TV, the timeline zips back and forth. There really isn't a "point" to speak of, it's an exercise consisting almost purely of style and substance.

It has everything needed to make an entertaining film; quirky characters, insanely quotable dialogue, punctuated by moments of visceral, sometime disturbing aspersions of violence (classic QT).

To seek a 'point' to it is really doing it a disservice to its many strengths. It doesn't have or need one anymore than an abstract painting does.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Just because one other person shares the same feelings as you, doesn't mean you're not still wrong.

Nonsense! To me this is exactly what it means! Myself and Ricky know how it is

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

It has everything needed to make an entertaining film; quirky characters, insanely quotable dialogue, punctuated by moments of visceral, sometimes disturbing aspersions of violence (classic QT).

What, Ferny said!!! Well put there my man!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks man

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks man
    Since I am just flat out post-whoring this evening, you are very welcome.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It has everything needed to make an entertaining film; quirky characters, insanely quotable dialogue, punctuated by moments of visceral, sometimes disturbing aspersions of violence (classic QT).

What, Ferny said!!! Well put there my man!!
    Yeah, what Ferny said. I was channel surfing the other night right before going to sleep, and Pulp popped up on the screen. Willis was off to retrieve his watch - I knew the gimp was coming - and I couldn't turn the tv off. Pulp Fiction, the second half of Jaws, Shawshank, there are just some movies I am so hooked on and can't not watch. Love everything Tarantino has done. I just keep hoping for a director's cut of Kill Bill 1&2.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't follow any guidelines and plays fast and loose with any perceived 'rules'; the timeline zips back and forth. There really isn't a "point" to speak of, it's an exercise consisting almost purely of style and substance.
    I think these are all the reasons why I didn't like it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't follow any guidelines and plays fast and loose with any perceived 'rules'; the timeline zips back and forth. There really isn't a "point" to speak of, it's an exercise consisting almost purely of style and substance.
    I think these are all the reasons why I didn't like it.
    Fair enough. I know one or two other people who don't like it for precisely the same reasons you do.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Recited this to my cat the other day. He was unimpressed with my performance.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matts, I think it is more a, Sam Jackson "Thing" that cats don't seem to comprehend well. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's so true, he said it twice!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Kill Bill is my favorite, but Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are right up there. Actually I love all his films. And I'm really looking forward to the next one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Kill Bill is my favorite
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Recited this to my cat the other day. He was unimpressed with my performance.
    Probably because your cat realized that the speech is not actually what it says in the bible. Your cat must go to church.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast