Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Gunslinger Apprentice Shadow is on a distinguished road Shadow's Avatar

My Mood
    Goofy

I'll have to wait and see, however i just like the show period and some of the other choices wouldnt have been bad either. I have seen him in the DW episode and thought he was great. I have just just started watching torchwood.

I think its humorous, in my head, when i heard peter dinklage was only doing one more game of thrones i thought hmmmmmm

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

he is going to be in the next X-men movie from what i heard....Dinklage will play Trask....I watched Torchwood all the way up until Children of Earth and he was awesome in that series. I think they made a good choice.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i don't have the previous episodes he's done so i can't go back and rewatch them. so i don't remember how good or bad his acting is, but i'm also going to give him the benefit of the doubt as well cause in the previous doctors i had never heard of any of them either. so it's not me complaining they picked a guy i never heard of. no i'm open to see how he takes over the role. though i'm really surprised they cast a guy who's 55 and no that's not old by any means it's just that with today's audiences they seem to want the younger guys cast instead it feels like. that's all

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

He's actually a pretty well known actor in the UK, appearing in a lot of high quality UK drama and comedy, so I was amazed to find out he was cast as the Doctor. And yeah, being 55 was another reason why I was surprised he was cast. It's a bold move, in this day and age at least (and there are rumours that BBC America wasn't exactly happy about it), but one I'm super grateful for.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I wonder if the new Doctor with curse as creatively as Malcolm Tucker?
    Oh, I wish Chris, I really do. "Hey Daleks! Take your fucking plunger and your fucking egg whisk and fuck the fuck off to the chip shop where you belong, you fucking pepper pots!" Can't really see it happening, though.
    Hahaha. That would be so awesome.

Just discovered this. Had to happen eventually. Naturally, due to very strong language, NSFW:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc
    I'd watch the fuck out of that show.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

They said it was too daring, but we picked a middle-aged white man.

Radically conservative!

... Wait, is radically conservative a thing?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I prefer to term it as "conservatively radical".

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i agree it is daring & quite bold as well. yes i do realize they mean pretty much the same thing but i am in a pissed off mood. so bear with me. anyways. hey if he's ends up being a good one well i'm all for it. if the BBC is pissed than they also should point out to them that the show started out with a guy who was in his 50's as well. so it's not the 1st time a doctor was cast who is older than the standard doctor we've had in recent years.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not going to decide until the next season is underway. I hope that's not too long. I wanted to believe the recent "standard" had some kind of in-universe rhyme or reason to it. Regeneration doesn't seem very consistent. But it's always the way, open-ended serial fiction draws you in with episodic mini-stories, plus sub-plots and events connected in whole seasons' overarching storylines to create the illusion of an ultimate largest story... but if you actually have the attention span to eventually collect everything, what you finally get to see is that that theoretical largest story never was anything but a fragile illusion. Anyway, internal consistency isn't what concerns BBC America. They want ratings, whether the show's tradition is radical, restrained, or otherwise. Whatever way, what they want is is a popular hit, and American money. The British are more interested at this point in a social message. What I need to find out, though, for my own sake, is just what it is that Moffat wants to do.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    I have not seen him in all the things y'all have, but from what I have seen makes me hopeful. I was edgy about losing David Tennant to Matt Smith. But here? No reservations. This is going to be fucking epic.
    My thoughts exactly. Also I'm really excited that we're going to get an older Doctor. I think it'll be refreshing.

My Mood
    Goofy

I think it was done on purpose, probably the direction they want to go. My assumption is if he is the last (depending on this whole Hurt thing), the 13th they might make even older (or older looking) to "complete" the circle in a way (or the wheel of ka ). But i think that may be the reasoning behind an older doctor.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry, I have to post this. It's an article Peter Capaldi wrote, back in 1976, for a Doctor Who fanzine. Reading it actually brings tears in my eyes, for two reasons. First, the absolute love he has and has always had for the show is crystal clear. Second, that for him, after waiting 50 years, this really is the role of a lifetime. :')

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/08...paldi-fan.html

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hard to deny that casting a 56 year old fan as the new Doctor is pretty fitting at the 50th Anniversary.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's what I was thinking.

- Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, the news is officially breaking the internet: I was just doing a search on Peter David, and still one of the results that came up was about Peter Capaldi.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I heard about that. Would've been interesting to see what he would've been like as the Doctor. I was really glad to see him in the Vincent and the Doctor ep, but I must admit, I was just a little bit disappointed that it was a relatively small part for him.

Oh, and I've probably posted this before, but this trailer still sends shivers down my spine. As much as I'm looking forward to the TV special, this audio epic featuring all the classic Doctors has got me excited a whole lot more!

- Melike

My Mood
    Goofy

That just gave me goose flesh! ~shiver~

What i found interesting with that link i posted is that moffat was totally going for an older doctor. I bet #13 (being the "last" incarnation of the doctor) will probably be older yet.

My Mood
    Goofy

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    That just gave me goose flesh! ~shiver~

What i found interesting with that link i posted is that moffat was totally going for an older doctor. I bet #13 (being the "last" incarnation of the doctor) will probably be older yet.
    Big question is which number was he asked to play? Was it one of the newer incarnations or even before that? I know that Moffat did plan to have an older Doctor for 11, but Smith just blew them all away in the auditions. As for the final incarnation...well, who knows: if John Hurt IS a previous incarnation, would the 12th Doctor be the "final" one anyway? (Until the writers think of something to keep it going, anyway. It could be interesting if they explored the idea of the 'final' one, at least.)

And yeah, that trailer is awesome! I hope the trailer for the TV special is equally brilliant!

- Melike

My Mood
    Goofy

I agree, he could have been asked to be #9, which by turning it down and Eccleston taking it, Moffat may have had to change his original direction.

I have a theory. Others may have said this, but i dont know. David Bradley looks like he can pull off a good Hartnell. If he can pull off a good Hartnell acting as the first doctor, it would not surprise me if the twist at the "end" would be Bradley being the 13th doctor in which the doctor discovers how to cheat his limitation, which he becomes the first doctor again, but not having to regen into the same bodies of his past. Just a thought theory.

By the way, The Doctor Who Hub (on facebook) announced that there is another rumor that Eccleston will be making an appearance during the 50th. I think he is just going to do a voice appearance.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

apparently Bill Nighy turned down the chance to be the twelfth doctor

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As if I wasn't already excited about The Light at the End already...

Spoiler:

I really can't wait for this one.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast