Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw this. I haven't looked through the last view pages (started Season 5 last night) so I don't know if it's been posted already:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/14/br...jesse-romance/

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I thought you would. I think we're both fans of twists of extreme dramatic irony, especially in the truly great, tragic epics like MacBeth, The Godfather and Breaking Bad. Here's to hoping that Walter will make a truly horrendous mistake that will destroy what little remains of his soul!
    Yeah, I like that. The way the show is structured a fall from grace style ending would suit it perfectly. "Pride cometh before the fall". Damn, that would be awesome. I don't think he'd inadvertently kill his children, the show is dark but that would be a different level altogether ... although they did shoot a kid point blank in the face so who knows? Damn, that would be all kinds of fucked up.

How about Walter being the last man standing? It would be the ultimate irony for him to be the last person left alive when the original purpose behind his plunge into the drug world was to take care of his family with the knowledge of his impending doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Implying that Skyler is dead?

He does seem to have a devil may care attitude in those flash forward, doesn't he? Also, if you pay attention in the diner scene in Season 5.0, he uses Skylar's maiden name as his last name.
    I'm just impressed someone knew Skyler's maiden name.

Loving the theories, guys. Keep 'em coming!
    Lol, well I didn't know who the name belonged to right off the bat. When I heard it I knew that there was something more behind it, no way it could have been just a fleeting comment so I looked it up and found out that it was her maiden name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just saw this. I haven't looked through the last view pages (started Season 5 last night) so I don't know if it's been posted already:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/14/br...jesse-romance/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I thought you would. I think we're both fans of twists of extreme dramatic irony, especially in the truly great, tragic epics like MacBeth, The Godfather and Breaking Bad. Here's to hoping that Walter will make a truly horrendous mistake that will destroy what little remains of his soul!
    Yeah, I like that. The way the show is structured a fall from grace style ending would suit it perfectly. "Pride cometh before the fall". Damn, that would be awesome. I don't think he'd inadvertently kill his children, the show is dark but that would be a different level altogether ... although they did shoot a kid point blank in the face so who knows? Damn, that would be all kinds of fucked up.

How about Walter being the last man standing? It would be the ultimate irony for him to be the last person left alive when the original purpose behind his plunge into the drug world was to take care of his family with the knowledge of his impending doom.
    Fuck yeah, that'd be fucking brilliant! Whatever happens over these next 7 eps (I just had to start watching it on a weekly basis just when it was ending ), I'm sure gonna enjoy it!

Btw, just watched this...this piece of fantastic fucking awesomeness. You know how you see an actor play a character in a show, and they play it so well you become convinced that's how they must be like in real life only to discover they're the complete opposite? As you can see...

...that's definitely not true in Aaron Paul's case!

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, what do you make of the ricin?

I think we can all agree that the ricin is BB's version of Chekhov's Gun. They just have to use and with the way they've been emphasizing it you know it's going to play an important role.

I'm thinking that at the end of the show he will have two loose ends to tie up. One he'll tie up with the that fucking anti air-craft rifle, the other with the ricin. For the first he'll go somewhere where's about to storm the castle, possibly the lair Lydia's henchmen. For the second meeting he'll take the ricin, and it will be with someone he's not sure if he'll have to kill or not. I'm betting Jesse.

Damn, I love theorizing. Whatever happens though I know it's going to be a great ending.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the Anrgy Hank Avatar Doctor Dodge.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cheers, tippy. I noticed Fernando had gone with Walter as a theme, and my first instinct was Jesse. But after what the ending of season 5 part 1 promised us, the idea of using Hank instead was impossible to resist. I'm so glad that the first episode of the second half lived up to that promise with that awesome confrontation scene.

- Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't stop watching the The Price is Right clip.

Now I'm just imagining Walter inviting the family over for a barbecue and ricin-ing all of them.

OR he'll pull a Thinner and make Jesse a delicious pie that Skyler feeds to the kids by accident. Although I think by this point Jesse is wary enough to not eat anything Walt gives him.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I really thought for sure that the reason they kept showing you the ricin in the electrical outlet over and over is that there was going to be a spark/short circuit, and that the ricin would burn, turn into a gas, and kill Skyler and the baby.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just showed my dad the second episode and he made me turn it off. He was really creeped out by the whole thing because he's worked in a funeral home before and I guess started remembering how disgusting the bodies can get if left for a couple days.

I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get around this issue, but there's so much body disposal in this show it might be a lost cause.

Edit: Now he's saying he was disturbed by how Walt and Jesse descended into corruption and they couldn't stop what was happening to them. Considering that's literally the entire show, I think this is a lost cause.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Anybody watching Talking Dead? kind of sucks that that it's only a 30 minute show.
    Yeah, but they did have (and will have) Gilligan on it. Julie Bowen is a "Breaking Bad" freak!!! LOL She was very insightful. Of course you are referring to "Talking Bad" correct?
    LOL yeah that's what I meant.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just showed my dad the second episode and he made me turn it off. He was really creeped out by the whole thing because he's worked in a funeral home before and I guess started remembering how disgusting the bodies can get if left for a couple days.

I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get around this issue, but there's so much body disposal in this show it might be a lost cause.

Edit: Now he's saying he was disturbed by how Walt and Jesse descended into corruption and they couldn't stop what was happening to them. Considering that's literally the entire show, I think this is a lost cause.
    Damn, that's a shame. It is a pretty intense, dark show at times, and I can imagine it being not quite for everyone. The funny thing is, the first season is probably in some ways the lightest out of all the seasons. Then again, it might be more difficult to watch at times because Walt is also at his most sympathetic, and you do feel sorrier for him in his earlier eps than his later ones. Like the protagonists of Polanski movies, he starts out as primarily a victim who has a lot of shit happen to him (unlike Polanski protagonists, half of it at least comes down to at least one bad choice, so there's at least a logical reason for some of it).

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode was intense as all hell. I felt like I didn't get a chance to catch my breath up until the midway point. I hope last night's EP made it crystal meth clear that Skyler is in it with her husband, for better or for worse.

The writers hinted that the final episode of the series would share parallels with the pilot. I watched it over the weekend and noted a couple things :

1. In the pilot when we're introduced to Hank, the very first interaction between Hank and Walt occurs as they're marveling over Hank's handgun. Could it be that the last scene between these two will involve a weapon as well?

2. Walter blackmails Jesse and threatens to turn him in unless Jesse helps him cook the meth. Could Jesse be the one doing the blackmailing at the tail end?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode was intense as all hell. I felt like I didn't get a chance to catch my breath up until the midway point. I hope last night's EP made it crystal meth clear that Skyler is in it with her husband, for better or for worse.

The writers hinted that the final episode of the series would share parallels with the pilot. I watched it over the weekend and noted a couple things :

1. In the pilot when we're introduced to Hank, the very first interaction between Hank and Walt occurs as they're marveling over Hank's handgun. Could it be that the last scene between these two will involve a weapon as well?

2. Walter blackmails Jesse and threatens to turn him in unless Jesse helps him cook the meth. Could Jesse be the one doing the blackmailing at the tail end?
    Could be. If I recall, Gilligan mentioned parallels to "Scarface" in Talking Bad". Maybe that's Walt's last hurrah? There's a thousand reasons to argue against me, but I have this nagging feeling the "Ricin Krispies" are headed Jesse' way in the end.

Lydia is not long for the world in the coming battle with the Aryans and Czech's.

You heard it here first!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw >this< on Buzzfeed and it made everything Feev was saying come together for me. I get it now! Yes, I need it spelled out.

And Skyler is toast. Sorry, Skyler.

Yeah, when Hank was talking to Skyler and she wanted an attorney and she wanted to leave, I was thinking, "why doesn't he get it?" His entire career is based off reading people and catching criminals, and he can't figure out that she does not want to testify. Pull it together, Hank.

I'm super excited to see Hank and Jesse talk next week. I was so pissed when they cut it there, I started yelling at the tv.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw >this< on Buzzfeed and it made everything Feev was saying come together for me. I get it now! Yes, I need it spelled out.

Yeah, when Hank was talking to Skyler and she wanted an attorney and she wanted to leave, I was thinking, "why doesn't he get it?" His entire career is based off reading people and catching criminals, and he can't figure out that she does not want to testify. Pull it together, Hank.

I'm super excited to see Hank and Jesse talk next week. I was so pissed when they cut it there, I started yelling at the tv.
    I hear ya, but it's "Family". The place where "Hank" takes off his badge and gun and relaxes. You've gotta factor that in I would think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, I figure he just couldn't accept that Skyler could side with a monster.

Country
    Country Flag

But I would hope after realizing that he has no idea who Walt is, that he would start to realize that maybe he knows nothing about Skyler, either. Fool me once, etc.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

WTF!? only 6 episodes left. These last episodes are packed too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw a variation of that on a different website, but it didn't include the Skyler - breakfast bit.

Now the only question is ... is it only Skyler that bites the dust? What about the kids?

Country
    Country Flag

That depends. Are the writers sadistic enough to kill off a disabled teen and a baby? I'm thinking Walter Jr. survives. I mean, he seems like he's not in the house ever anyway (during the last episode I was wondering if they entirely forgot about him) so he'll probably be at Lewis' if things go wrong.

I'd like to hope Holly survives, but considering she never leaves the playpen, it seems somewhat unlikely.

Of course, I'm operating on the assumption that there will be a problem inside the house, such as a gassing or assassination. If it's outside the house, all bets are off.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Are the writers sadistic enough to kill off a disabled teen and a baby?
    Considering what the writer's have done so far, including having someone as likeable and sympathetic as Gayle killed by one of the main protagonists, plus poison a child, I really wouldn't put it past them.

Btw, what does everyone think of Lydia arranging an attack and cold blooded murder of Wolverine and his gang? I'm definitely curious about the direction that particular storyline is heading, especially when it collides with Walter and Hank. Interesting to see Todd again, too.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, you're right. But I want SOMEONE to survive this mess.

I just about died when I saw Lydia wore Christian Louboutins to a desert execution. I kind of love her just because she's ridiculous. But yeah, I have no idea where that's going to go.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ugh, you're right. But I want SOMEONE to survive this mess.

I just about died when I saw Lydia wore Christian Louboutins to a desert execution. I kind of love her just because she's ridiculous. But yeah, I have no idea where that's going to go.
    Agreed. A character like that could've easily come across as seriously fucking annoying, but for some reason, she's incredibly likeable, even if she isn't exactly sympathetic at the best of times.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. I think she's my favorite out of the extremely limited list of female characters on this show. (By the way, why are all the women in this show some kind of crazy? The only one who doesn't seem crazy is Andrea, and her whole character development is "I'm a mom who used to do drugs." Not that interesting.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast