Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Lydia had nothing to do with the Aryans taking Walt's money.

She did nothing wrong that Walt was aware of.....other than guilt by association.

He retrieved and planted the ricin in the Stevia even before he spoke a single word to her.....so before he even got to town, he had it in his mind to kill her.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Lydia had nothing to do with the Aryans taking Walt's money.

His killing her served no purpose that I can see.
    W/E you're right and I am wrong. We agree it was a nice finale? I really liked the show. Lydia, was a great character that, unfortunately, had Mike's gun in her mouth. Then, she rehabilitated herself into "respectability" by dealing "Meth" in Europe. Nevermind her participation in the "Great Train Robbery" or "Todd's" affinity for her. Hey, since she put out a contract on "Mike" and Walt" this shit is business. Not to mention she wanted, Jesse killed. She never actually "did" anything, right? She's OK in my book and, Walt should have given her a pass. Hell, Tippy wanted to sleep with her, so there ya go!! LOL LOL

In the end, it is, "The End". Deal with it!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Have a laugh, did ya? Good for you!!! Glad to oblige!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just looking for a reason to kill her.....as I see none....other than to give the audience what they want......because WE don't like her.

Walt killed the Aryans because they stole from him and killed Hank.

Walt bullied Gretchen and Elliot because they belittled him on TV, and they were a means to deliver his money to his family.

Walt saved Jesse at the last minute because he saw what had become of him, and because he had forced Jesse into this position in the first place.

Walt killed Lydia because...........?

And yes, the show was one of the best finales I have ever seen.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Have to say that I was really glad Badger and Skinny Pete made one more appearance, as well. It was nice that (considering how the show began as a mix of both drama and dark comedy, imo) they came back for one last dodgy deal with Heisenberg. Just loved the idea that they basically traumatized Gretchen and Elliot for life with red penlights.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm just looking for a reason to kill her.....as I see none....other than to give the audience what they want......because WE don't like her.

Walt bullied Gretchen and Elliot because they belittled him on TV, and they were a means to deliver his money to his family.

Walt saved Jesse at the last minute because he saw what had become of him, and because he had forced Jesse into this position in the first place.

Lydia was calling Todd to ask if he had killed Walt when Walt answered the phone. She intended to have him killed and Walt knew it, so he took her out.

It wasn't communicated super well, but when she calls Todd and Walt answers without her knowing she asks him something to the equivalent of "Is it done?" I forget her exact phrasing.
    I think he had that meeting with her and Todd to feel them out and did not like what he saw, so he went through with the poisoning.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Lydia knew Skyler -- she'd been at the carwash. Skyler chased her off. If Walt took out Uncle Jack, Lydia might go after his family in revenge. She had already tried to hire hitmen to kill Mike's gang.

There is no antidote or treatment for ricin poisoning. Death takes place in 36-72 hours.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Brilliant finale. It didn't have any last minute twists, but then again it didn't need them. It was true to it's tone and it's characters and in the end all of the important things received closure.

The massacre at the end - although extremely convenient - was creative and intense and it was great to see Walter using his formidable think-outside-the-box skills to dispatch the Neo Nazis.

My only point of contention is ... what about the prints Jesse left behind? On the gun, the lab equipment etc., Someone still needs to answer for the death of a DEA agent and the (former) DEA Director. That doesn't get swept under the rug so easily.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Have to say that I was really glad Badger and Skinny Pete made one more appearance, as well. It was nice that (considering how the show began as a mix of both drama and dark comedy, imo) they came back for one last dodgy deal with Heisenberg. Just loved the idea that they basically traumatized Gretchen and Elliot for life with red penlights.
    "Cheer up beautiful people, you finally get to make things right."

WALTER DA GOAT

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

Lydia was calling Todd to ask if he had killed Walt when Walt answered the phone. She intended to have him killed and Walt knew it, so he took her out.

It wasn't communicated super well, but when she calls Todd and Walt answers without her knowing she asks him something to the equivalent of "Is it done?" I forget her exact phrasing.
    I think he had that meeting with her and Todd to feel them out and did not like what he saw, so he went through with the poisoning.
    But he poisoned her long before that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Lydia knew Skyler -- she'd been at the carwash. Skyler chased her off. If Walt took out Uncle Jack, Lydia might go after his family in revenge. She had already tried to hire hitmen to kill Mike's gang.
    It's a stretch....but the best explanation I have heard.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    It's a stretch....but the best explanation I have heard.
    How is that a stretch?

Walt doesn't want anyone left alive that might seek retribution for tearing down the business. Lydia has money and time invested in that lab, Walt disrupting everything could lead her to do something drastic, like have his family killed.

Seems pretty simple to me.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is a stretch because her killing a dead man's family would not really serve a purpose.

Walt was going to die that night...one way or another IMO.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is a stretch because her killing a dead man's family would not really serve a purpose.

Walt was going to die that night...one way or another IMO.
    Well, maybe just the fact that she posed a possible legal threat to his family? Also, after re-watching the episode, at first I was convinced, as you are, that Walt didn't think he would walk away from the Nazi's. Now, I think it was a decision he made in the moment. I suppose we could debate that one forever. Only Gilligan knows for sure.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Walt took Lydia out because she was the only high level player left, and because he COULD. Protecting the family is a valid reason and the one he might tell someone, but whacking lydia was a personal choice. He was competative to the end and couldn't imagine her getting away and making money going forward by slinging crank, blue or no. So he took her out. Gangsta.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, I find myself wondering what, Saul is up to. I don't buy "managing a Cinnabun" for a moment. Saul, is too much of a sleaze and a "playa" for that. I think Saul, will be up to old practices in no time. Jesse, will try to adopt, Brock and fail but I think he will keep an eye on him and walk the straight and narrow.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Saul was going to have a spin off series.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the finale. I'm about 90% content with how everything ended. I love the irony that it wasn't the cancer that killed Walt in the end. Actually, if he had stuck to his treatment plan and never got into the meth business at all, I feel confident that he would've been cured, which makes it all the more heartbreaking.

In the same way, though, I felt that Walt's death scene could've been better as opposed to him just being caught in the gun's crossfire. Also, one moment he's standing, then he's on the ground. I would've liked to actually SEE him, close up, getting down on the floor as he resigns to his fate (maybe a flashback as he reflects on his family one last time?).

In regard to Jesse: I'm glad he's free, but I can't help but think he's just going to go on to make bad decisions. Anyone else feel the same way?

And I loved how we think that Walt's hired assassins, but then it's revealed to be Badger and Skinny Pete. Perfect utilization of those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I loved how in the previous episode they used the series theme song.
    Yes! I noticed that too. It was the first time, to my knowledge at least, that they used the theme in an actual episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    A friend of mine on Facebook said that they should of done a two minute recap of what happened to Jessie, Skylar, her sister, and holly and Walt jr.
    I'm glad you mentioned that. That was the ONE thing that I felt was missing from the finale. A few minute montage (we don't even need dialogue, let the emotion speak for itself) of Skyler, Marie, and Walt Jr. discovering the news of Walt's death would've been incredibly emotional and satisfying, as would Marie's discovery of Hank's burial spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I can not be the only person who cares about this!
    I think you are.

But in all seriousness, I've wondered about that too. I just never thought it was going to be addressed so it was kind of pushed from my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I have to admit that in my minds eye, I envisioned the "Walt as Scarface" type shootout in the end, but this was more in line with his character, utilizing "Tech" to get the job done. FWIW he may have contemplated "revenge" on, Jesse up until he actually saw him. Then, I like to think his Fatherly instincts took over and it was all about, Jessie. So glad, Jess got to end, Todd!!! Excuse me, "Fucking Todd"!!! LOL

I also really liked the way it went down with, Lydia. Perfect!!
    Agree with everything you said, Bill. I totally expected Walt to just go in with the gun and start shooting. I love how his creativity and science knowledge came together in the end to really throw us (and the Nazis) off.

And I totally called the ricin-in-the-tea (just not in the Stevia, or as Walt referred to it as "that Stevia crap you always use" )!

Why would Walt kill Lydia?

Just because she was a loose end?
    Yeah, pretty much.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I think Walt took Lydia out because she was the only high level player left, and because he COULD. Protecting the family is a valid reason and the one he might tell someone, but whacking lydia was a personal choice.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus, Lydia had connections. What would be stopping her from taking care of Walt's family after his death?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Now, I find myself wondering what, Saul is up to. I don't buy "managing a Cinnabun" for a moment. Saul, is too much of a sleaze and a "playa" for that. I think Saul, will be up to old practices in no time.
    I think he'd be laying low for awhile, but I can totally see him managing a Cinnabun.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I thought Saul was going to have a spin off series.
    By all accounts, a prequel.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved the ending. Finally, someone wasn't dreaming or staring into a snowglobe.
    But am I the only one who everytime I see Vince Gilligan thinks Littlefinger?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think she had to go, but...

She knew a lot about the operation in general. She could get her hands on methylamine and distribute a finished product, if she found another chemist (and really, once Walt's story went public, you know there was at least one freshman chemistry student getting ideas). And we just wanted to see her go. However, I just went over to the Breaking Bad wiki and it says if you ingest ricin orally, you can be treated and recover (it's more lethal inhaled or injected). Lydia may have been beyond the point of treatment, but we'll never know. Probably they intended for her to die, considering the episode was all about tying up loose ends.

I never really hated Lydia. She was ridiculous, but not downright evil, like Fucking Todd or Tuco. I almost would have rather seen Gretchen go, just because I hate her. But that isn't logical plot-wise.

Edit: Oh, and what Bev says makes sense: She knew the family. Skyler could have identified her, Lydia wouldn't take that risk. She wanted that entire list of men dead "just to be safe," so I don't think Skyler would have been an exception.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    No, but every time I hear his name I think, "A three hour tour. Three hour tour."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Vince Gilligan reveals alternate endings that writers considered :

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...illigan-640103

"We had versions we talked about, where the police were coming to get him and he uses it on the police. But we didn't like that; it didn't seem right," Gilligan said. "We had a version where he goes and breaks Jesse out of jail just as the Nazis were going to knock Jesse off in jail. And he comes in and uses the M60 to lay waste to an entire prison or prison bus."

I would have loved that tbh^ lol.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    The snowglobe...St Elswhere.....right?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Walter Blanco! Oh, man.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast