Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No, I don't know the end, but seeing them on TV set him off and it was AFTER that that he picked up the ricin.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fucking Todd. I don't even call him "Todd" anymore, he is always "Fucking Todd." Fuck that guy.

Fucking Todd.

I kind of hope Gretchen goes down. I hate her. She's smug and annoying. No, she hasn't done anything, but she's a bitch. I want her dead.

The whole time Jesse was escaping I was going, "No! Don't!" Sorry, Andrea.

I don't even know what's going to happen next episode. I'm just going to watch (while it airs, this time) and die a little inside. Or a lot.

Edit: My only regret is that I don't see how they're going to work in who Gustav Fring really was. They hinted that he was someone, but other than throwing it in haphazardly, I don't see how we'll learn that. I always kind of thought he was a Pinochet himself, or a relative, or a relative of someone they needed to stay in power. I just wanted to find out in an epic manner.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just thinking about how we were all hypothesizing super genius ways for Jesse to escape the Nazis, and his entire plan was "stand on a bucket and run for it." Oh well. There's still one more episode!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Fucking Todd. I don't even call him "Todd" anymore, he is always "Fucking Todd." Fuck that guy.

Fucking Todd.

I kind of hope Gretchen goes down. I hate her. She's smug and annoying. No, she hasn't done anything, but she's a bitch. I want her dead.

I don't even know what's going to happen next episode. I'm just going to watch (while it airs, this time) and die a little inside. Or a lot.

Edit: My only regret is that I don't see how they're going to work in who Gustav Fring really was. They hinted that he was someone, but other than throwing it in haphazardly, I don't see how we'll learn that. I always kind of thought he was a Pinochet himself, or a relative, or a relative of someone they needed to stay in power. I just wanted to find out in an epic manner.
    Maybe we will not get Gus' entire back story, but I wouldn't rule out a surprise Cartel element in the finale. Perhaps, Lydia has a until now unknown Cartel relationship. She's been keeping a pretty darn low profile lately. Also, while "Madrigal" may be a german company, the name sure as hell isn't. That sounds very Latino for a Deutche based enterprise..
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The End is near, The End is near!!!!!

What will be the fate of Walter & Skylar White? Jesse Pinkman? The Nazi's? Lydia? And poor Marie, Walt Jr. and Holly?

Will the "Cartel" rear its ugly head again? Will the DEA win out in the end? And what's to happen to the "Disappearer Guy"? LOL

Who'll feed "Huell"? Is it ACS for Brock?

Will "Todd" get a bullet?

Do they kill off Vince Gilligan as well? LOL

Did I miss anyone?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I loved it. I loved how Walt finally admitted it was for him, he didn't want the money, he wanted Jesse to be free. I LOVED how he was standing in the kitchen when Skyler was talking to Marie. Perfect. I loved how he fucked with Gretchen and Elliott without hurting them (although I think Gretchen could have died and I wouldn't have cared ). I loved that Todd got fucking strangled, because fuck that guy. I hope Jesse goes on to make lots of beautiful wooden boxes that smell good. All in all, I think we all got what we wanted.

My only thing is, again, that we don't know who Gustavo Fring really was. Maybe it will come up in some extras or interviews or something. Maybe they never wanted us to know. But I feel like that was a lot of hinting for something that wasn't meant to be included.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant show. Hell of a finale.

I feel a bit guilty for rooting for Walt as he is a bad feller, but they make the anti-hero so attractive in pop culture today.

Walt got IMO, everything he wanted. He won. Well as best as he could have in the downward spiral he was in.

He got the money to his kids. Clever on the writers part in tying this up. I had a pretty good idea who the two red dots were and my hunch was right.

He got even with the nazis.

He dealt with lydia. (Did this happen b4 or after he heard of skylers home invasion?)

He made good on alerting the dea to hanks body location ( abd affirmed to his wife that he didn't kill him)

And most important of all, he got to see jesse redeemed. Walt was man enough to give him the chance and I'm sure he was happy when jesse made the choice he did.

I've always felt Walts love for his family was sincere and am glad he won in the end, because he was a badass
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome ending I could not see it really ending any other way. So Walt went to the meeting with the Nazis pretty much knowing that it was his last stand. My only question is if he hadn't been hit by that bullet what would his next move had been?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think he planned for everyone to be cut down by the machine gun -- including himself and Jesse. He had a change of heart at the last minute when he saw what had happened to Jesse. So there wasn't really a game plan for that, I think.

My only thing is, again, that we don't know who Gustavo Fring really was. Maybe it will come up in some extras or interviews or something. Maybe they never wanted us to know. But I feel like that was a lot of hinting for something that wasn't meant to be included.
    I don't think that all that many people were bothered about not knowing Gus's backstory. He was on Talking Bad after the finale and the matter never came up. Just like we never really know what happened to Mike when he was a cop. They weren't series level questions that deserved time in the finale.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Finale!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched it. There were so, so many great moments, but the use of the wonderful song of "Baby Blue" was the cherry on top of the fucking mountain of awesomeness. Love that song, so it was a nice and truly fitting way to end it. "Guess I got what I deserved..."
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I loved how in the previous episode they used the series theme song. I want that as my ringtone.

Oh also is anybody gonna shell out $210 for the series that comes in the reproduction 55 gallon drum?

Country
    Country Flag

A friend of mine on Facebook said that they should of done a two minute recap of what happened to Jessie, Skylar, her sister, and holly and Walt jr. I think what they should do is have a bonus scene in the DVDs like thy did with Lost.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I don't think that all that many people were bothered about not knowing Gus's backstory. He was on Talking Bad after the finale and the matter never came up. Just like we never really know what happened to Mike when he was a cop. They weren't series level questions that deserved time in the finale.
    I can not be the only person who cares about this! Gus's past got him everything. It's the only reason he didn't end up with his brains in a swimming pool 15 years earlier.

I'm somewhat lusting after the dvd set in the drum with the Pollos Hermanos apron, but I'll probably restrain myself.

Traveler Jessie Snow is on a distinguished road Jessie Snow's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fucking Todd.

Haha! I thought the same thing soon after his first appearance on the show. Fuckin' Todd. Always, Fuckin Todd.

The thought never crossed my mind till now, but I'm also a little disappointed they left Gus's story out after hinting at it a few times before his death. Maybe they'll do some kind of side story in comic form or something...

Also holy crap what an ending.

Anyone else think that Jesse finally made that one-way trip to Alaska?

I'm somewhat lusting after the dvd set in the drum with the Pollos Hermanos apron, but I'll probably restrain myself.
    I was as well at first... but then I noticed it wasn't DVD, but Blu Ray. Sadly, I do not have a Blu Ray player.

55 hours of bonus material!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that in my minds eye, I envisioned the "Walt as Scarface" type shootout in the end, but this was more in line with his character, utilizing "Tech" to get the job done. FWIW he may have contemplated "revenge" on, Jesse up until he actually saw him. Then, I like to think his Fatherly instincts took over and it was all about, Jessie. So glad, Jess got to end, Todd!!! Excuse me, "Fucking Todd"!!! LOL

I also really liked the way it went down with, Lydia. Perfect!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Why would Walt kill Lydia?

Just because she was a loose end?

He retrieved the ricin BEFORE Sky told him about the men in black masks.

Also...now that she knows that she is poisoned...can you seek medial treatment for ricin poisoning?

All in all a very satisfying finale.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Why would Walt kill Lydia?

Just because she was a loose end?

He retrieved the ricin BEFORE Sky told him about the men in black masks.
    Ahh, but if you recall Mike said she had to go in earlier episodes. I was a bit surprised at this myself, but it turned out that somehow I missed 3 episodes immediately following "Face Off" in which Fring gets blown up. She planted the GPS device on the barrel and a few other things including a "Hit" on, Mike.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

She did not plant the GPS on the barrel...the police did.

Walt bugged Hank's office, and he overheard Hank when he called the cops (might have some other agency), and they admitted to doing it. They bugged all of the barrels...which is when they ended up robbing the train.

The only reason she had to go is because MIke was worried she would rat on them.

There was no fear of jail for Walt at this point...unless he was worried about Skyler.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

She did not plant the GPS on the balrrel...the police did.

Walt bugged Hank's office, and he overheard Hank when he called the cops (might have some other agency), and they admitted to doing it. They bugged all of the barrels...which is when they ended up robbing the train.

The only reason she had to go is because MIke was worried she would rat on them.

There was no fear of jail for Walt at this point...unless he was worried about Skyler.
    Still, she was on the radar and with what happened with, Jesse... well I just think they were tying up loose ends. She had "Has to go" printed on her forehead for a while, in the end she was just wrapped too tight and she was the only remaining "link" to Fring and Walt's past, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they killed her for the sole reason that you were never supposed to like her from the start....and it was what the audience wanted.

Taking the trip home to retrieve the ricin was a risky thing to do....all for something that served no purpose that I could see.

Walt made a LOT of money due to her Czech Republic idea......why would he have any ill will toward her?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they killed her for the sole reason that you were never supposed to like her from the start....and it was what the audience wanted.

Taking the trip home to retrieve the ricin was a risky thing to do....all for something that served no purpose that I could see.

Walt made a LOT of money due to her Czech Republic idea......why would he have any ill will toward her?
    First off, all the money he made was gone. Due to the "Nazi's", with whom she entered into business. Todd, took a liking to her (not sure how that factors in, but to, Jesse it was huge) and then she was trying to kill, Walt with the Nazi's. I am fairly detailed oriented as you, but I could see where she "had to go".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast