Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I am going to loan $1000 to the following people:

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Who do you suggest I NOT loan that money too?
    Dick Nameron

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Forget that.
    Your choice.
    FMK:
    carlosdetweiller
    Merlin1958
    Randall Flagg
    Whoa, that is not cool, RF!!! Even in joking.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Wow - I fucked those names up something fierce. Haha

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This really kinda bugs me. I was never even named, yet my integrity is called into question. I'm very much not comfortable with this. I have done nothing to anyone to call my transactional integrity into question. Anyone disagree?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Not very cool either.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I get the picture. You guys take over the HF duties. Good luck, and God bless!!! I've had quite enough insults from you folks. Live long and prosper or whatever the fuck you do. It's all on you now. I'm just a collector. Go raise 20K next year!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Not very cool either.
    Hi Bill,

that link is to a book I recently read that was written by an interesting fellow named Jon Ronson. He also wrote the Men who Stare at Goats and also the Psychopath test, a text that tries to analyze how to pick psychopaths out of the crowd (many of them reside in Big Business as CEOs and heads of companies).

So you've been Publicly Shamed is about Public shaming and how it has seemed to have taken off in the Internet age and specifically through social media. It tells the stories of the girl who got fired for making an off color AIDS joke via Twitter and was fired before she even got off the plane, the guys who made a dongle joke at a tech seminar and got fired because an angry lady snapped a cell phone pic and posted it to twitter, and also the girl who was photographed flipping the sign off at Arlington National Cemetery, among other stories.

I found the book an interesting read and similar in tenor to the tone of this thread. I, like Jon Ronson, don't really think the public shaming of people through the internet is a good thing and dont really see what good this thread does. I mean if you get screwed by a seller, that deserves to be reported, if you are ripped off or given shoddy merchandise or it arrives damaged or if you paid with paypal friends and it dissapears through the mail. That deserves to be notified. Caveat Emptor. I dont know the Latin for "Seller Beware" lol. Any seller who gets in a bad mood over a deal can always sell it to someone else, lol.

I think you should take a deep breath and analyze the preceding posts. I don't really see how any of this is directed at you and also think you are making a mountain out of a molehill at some supposed umbrage, yet again. I really don't think any of that is directed at you and am mystified why you are taking offense, well as mystified as i can be having seen you do it multiple times before.

My post I can say for certain was not meant to slight you, but merely make a comment on the thread by pointing folks in a direction that I find interesting (Ronson's Book). I don't know if the other posts are that way (because I didn't make them) but I believe they are also non disrespecting to you, but that's just my 2c.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Forget that.
    Your choice.
    FMK:
    carlosdetweiller
    Merlin1958
    Randall Flagg
    Bill,
    you need to take a stress tab.
    The FMK is an old joke/study in a person's thinking.
    It still hasn't been answered, and I am dying to know which choice I was, and why.
    Have some fun.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What does the Acronym FMK mean?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

What does the Acronym FMK mean?
    Fuc$

Marry

kill

Your supposed to choose who you would sleep with, marry and kill.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fuc# the lot of 'em.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Fuc# the lot of 'em.

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Edit: nevermind, nothing to see here.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King
    George Beahm
    Mike Whelan
    Rick Perry
    Dave McKean
    Joe Hill
    Owen King
    Nick Dameron
    Phil Hale
    Bernie Wrightson

Forget that.
    Your choice.
    FMK:
    carlosdetweiller
    Merlin1958
    Randall Flagg
    Bill,
    you need to take a stress tab.
    The FMK is an old joke/study in a person's thinking.
    It still hasn't been answered, and I am dying to know which choice I was, and why.
    Have some fun.
    It's Bob for all 3. With that collection available, then whatever it takes man...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just reading an article in Harper's reviewing his latest book.

http://harpers.org/archive/2015/05/254131/?single=1
    You have to sign in to read the whole article.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to warn other members of buying anything from greg/F1racefan i would also appreciate feedback from members of this forum and what you think about this transaction.
    Recently F1racefan put an add in this forum to sell A game of thrones. Along with the book he said the purchase was to include rites to the same number of future Ice and Fire books. This is the only reason i agreed to the deal. If i could show you all the PM's leading to the sale It would be very clear that the rites to the number were part of the deal. This was a blatant lie as he does not even own Dance with Dragons and has no claim to the number. He will not allow me a refund and took advantage of the fact that i gifted the money to him as part of the deal. the offer is on the page before this one, 306.
    . Here is a copy of the public conversation in this forum.
    "Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    =
    Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    REDUCED!!!

For Sale: GRRM SubPress Game of Thrones S/L #354/500 still in publishers shipping box. $475 + free shipping in US Paypal gift or add 3% if you don't want to do gift.

This will give you the chance to buy A Knight of Seven Kingdoms S/L matching # if you order by May 31st, 2015.

Make me a offer!! All reasonable offers considered.
    SOLD

Its clear he is offering the matching number in this offer. And i complied by buying the Knight of seven kingdoms before the deadline only to get an email from bill saying that Greg does not own the rites to this number

please beware this member as he is a very dishonest person.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I would like to warn other members of buying anything from greg/F1racefan i would also appreciate feedback from members of this forum and what you think about this transaction.
    Recently F1racefan put an add in this forum to sell A game of thrones. Along with the book he said the purchase was to include rites to the same number of future Ice and Fire books. This is the only reason i agreed to the deal. If i could show you all the PM's leading to the sale It would be very clear that the rites to the number were part of the deal. This was a blatant lie as he does not even own Dance with Dragons and has no claim to the number. He will not allow me a refund and took advantage of the fact that i gifted the money to him as part of the deal. the offer is on the page before this one, 306.
    . Here is a copy of the public conversation in this forum.
    "Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    =
    Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    REDUCED!!!

For Sale: GRRM SubPress Game of Thrones S/L #354/500 still in publishers shipping box. $475 + free shipping in US Paypal gift or add 3% if you don't want to do gift.

This will give you the chance to buy A Knight of Seven Kingdoms S/L matching # if you order by May 31st, 2015.

Make me a offer!! All reasonable offers considered.
    SOLD

Its clear he is offering the matching number in this offer. And i complied by buying the Knight of seven kingdoms before the deadline only to get an email from bill saying that Greg does not own the rites to this number

please beware this member as he is a very dishonest person.
    Ouch.
    More information is needed, but obviously you are displeased. Hopefully greg/F1racefan will respond here with his perspective and the matter can be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree RF cause that sounds really shady!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Bad, really bad!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

My understanding of the rights to a number for Knight of Seven Kingdoms was that people with DWD had first rights to a number and a pre-order period.
    Then it went to holders of GOT in a second pre-order period, but you could only get a requested number if someone didnt already have rights via DWD
    Then it went to general public.

the email I received from SubPress (as someone who has GOT and COK but not DWD) read:

"Please note that if you currently own A Game of Thrones, you may now order A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. We will match your number if we are able to, though those who own A Dance with Dragons have first crack at any given number."

I believe the thinking here is that some collectors would not get GOT and COK as they already had the Meisha Merlin versions. Subpress released their own versions of GOT and COK but 'owners' of a number did not have to purchase those editions to retain their right to a number (and it was clearly stated to 'new' purchasers of COK and GOT that they would not get automatic rights to that number when WOW is eventually released, however at that time the Knights book was not known about).

In short, if you own just GOT/COK you are second in line behind the owner of that number of DWD for any future purchases.

so it could be a genuine misunderstanding as to how the number rights to this series work. Or it could be something else.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    My understanding of the rights to a number for Knight of Seven Kingdoms was that people with DWD had first rights to a number and a pre-order period.
    Then it went to holders of GOT in a second pre-order period, but you could only get a requested number if someone didnt already have rights via DWD
    Then it went to general public.

the email I received from SubPress (as someone who has GOT and COK but not DWD) read:

"Please note that if you currently own A Game of Thrones, you may now order A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. We will match your number if we are able to, though those who own A Dance with Dragons have first crack at any given number."

I believe the thinking here is that some collectors would not get GOT and COK as they already had the Meisha Merlin versions. Subpress released their own versions of GOT and COK but 'owners' of a number did not have to purchase those editions to retain their right to a number (and it was clearly stated to 'new' purchasers of COK and GOT that they would not get automatic rights to that number when WOW is eventually released, however at that time the Knights book was not known about).

In short, if you own just GOT/COK you are second in line behind the owner of that number of DWD for any future purchases.

so it could be a genuine misunderstanding as to how the number rights to this series work. Or it could be something else.
    But if they specifically wrote that you could get matching number of Seven Kingdoms - although it is possible that he assumed that by getting AGOT then he would have matching numbers - as opposed to the ability to buy Seven Kingdoms before the general public. Either way - if the offer stated matching numbers - then he should have clarified/checked that before even making the offer

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, yes, I wasn't disagreeing with sgc1999 at all in that regard - it is clear he was selling these WITH rights.
    I was just explaining that the right to a number is not quite so straightforward in this series.

But as RF says, hopefully F1racefan will respond with his perspective.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paypal gift is for gifts to family and friends. Situations where no products are changing hands. For standard purchases the gift payment should not be used. I will do it for people I know and trust but it is rare. I get turned off by people that request it from me. I will pay a little extra to help them with the fees if asks vs paying by gift.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    He will not allow me a refund and took advantage of the fact that i gifted the money to him as part of the deal.

. . . or add 3% if you don't want to do gift.
    I'm really sorry to hear of your problem; things like this are beyond aggravating and maddening to those on the short end of the stick...I've been burned twice -- both years and years ago, and not at this site -- and the memory of them still causes an irksome feeling in me.

For you, I hope you're able to get it resolved to your satisfaction -- for others, I would suggest this is a good lesson to avoid PayPal Gift. I know it's a popular thing @ this site and that most folks are honest and trustworthy, but be aware you're gambling each time you use it and lose any recourse should things go south. I refuse to use it, though will be happy to add 3% to a standard PayPal payment to cover the fees (as your seller offered you) if the seller insists (though why people don't just factor that into their asking price escapes me). I've found most folks are fine with that option...those who are not are not sellers I'd wish to do business with anyhow as, to my mind, their refusal sends up red flags. Insurance for an otherwise anonymous transaction is always a smart idea.

EDIT: I see J. Alien beat me to the punch. Great minds think alike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast