Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team. This thread is as good a place than any to ask this: I purchased a s/l Cujo off ABE 41 days ago, and it still hasn't arrived. Even though it is being sent from the States to New Zealand, that is an unusually long time in my experience.

My question is, do I lodge a query through PayPal while I am discussing this with the seller? I'm worried that my 45 days to lodge a dispute it looming, but. Don't want to unnecessarily annoy the seller if it turns out to be a legitimate delay in shipping.

Thoughts?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd tell him that I preffer to get my money back and, if the item arrives, I'd pay for it again.

It worked for me when I had the same delay as yours.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Ari. You don't want to miss that 45-day period.

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team. This thread is as good a place than any to ask this: I purchased a s/l Cujo off ABE 41 days ago, and it still hasn't arrived. Even though it is being sent from the States to New Zealand, that is an unusually long time in my experience.

My question is, do I lodge a query through PayPal while I am discussing this with the seller? I'm worried that my 45 days to lodge a dispute it looming, but. Don't want to unnecessarily annoy the seller if it turns out to be a legitimate delay in shipping.

Thoughts?
    I think it would be wise to inform them you have concerns , are trying to work with seller, however want them to be aware of the potential issue.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

James, 41 days is way too excessive, even for transit times to collectors down our way (my average for the US to Australia is 10 working days tops - and you're 1,000 miles closer to the US than I am).

Has the seller provided you with the USPS Tracking / Customs Number and confirmation of dispatch?

If not, and I'm assuming that this is the case as you'd be able to track it online and therefore know where the package is, then I'd be asking the question of the seller today, while at the same time lodging the dispute with PayPal (those remaining days will pass altogether too quickly mate).

I'd advice the seller, purely out of courtesy, that you're taking this action - and, sure, it's understandable that you don't want to create waves, however; this is a substantial amount of your hard earned money we're talking about (and, of course, the fact that this L/E, in particular, has special importance to you).
    We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks team.
    I was leaning towards that course of action, just wanted to get some assurance from others that I wouldn't be making undue issues for the seller. I emailed him earlier today, so hopefully will hear back re if there is any shipping/tracking information. If I don't hear back from tomorrow, I'll send another one informing him Im going to lodge with PayPal, just to protect myself.

Cheers
    James

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news. I don't need to add an ABE seller to this thread.

For the first time ever, customs have picked up on a package of mine and held it for duty payment. What they failed to do was CONTACT me to tell me it was there. Been there since 6th August. Useless!

So anyway, after having to pay another $170 (bastards) the s/l Cujo is now on its way, so I should have it early this coming week. Yay.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the first time ever, customs have picked up on a package of mine and held it for duty payment. What they failed to do was CONTACT me to tell me it was there. Been there since 6th August. Useless!

So anyway, after having to pay another $170 (bastards) the s/l Cujo is now on its way, so I should have it early this coming week. Yay.
    Belated congrats to you and yours!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's simply brilliant news Jame - congratulations !!!!

I feel your pain with Customs holding onto a book pending payment of a ransom (in the form of additional tax) but, hey, it could have been much worse (lost in transit, damaged in transit, never shipped, etc)
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great to hear James! Can't wait to see the pictures in another week or so!!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's just me but I seem to be hearing about quite a bit of a 'customs crack-down' lately. I've heard from folks in Canada, UK, Australia and now NZ? Are others hearing about more stringent customs enforcement lately?
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post

Maybe it's just me but I seem to be hearing about quite a bit of a 'customs crack-down' lately. I've heard from folks in Canada, UK, Australia and now NZ? Are others hearing about more stringent customs enforcement lately?
    I recently had a book shipped to a customer in Germany get pulled in customs and he was charged duty. I have never had this happen on any international shipment before. Maybe there is a trend.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post

I recently had a book shipped to a customer in Germany get pulled in customs and he was charged duty. I have never had this happen on any international shipment before. Maybe there is a trend.

Its a new custom.

Country
    Country Flag

Here in Australia, the holding of package by Customs (at the moment) occurs only when the declared value (including the shipping component) equals or exceeds $AU1,000 - there's been rumours of this being reviewed with a view to lowering this bench mark to something ludicrous, like under $AU100
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

Its a new custom.
    A new customs custom??
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Its a new custom.
    A new customs custom??
    Simon, is such a lovable "dork"!!! LOL LOL LOL

He is also in my "Fave Five" of sellers to deal with from this site. The other 4 will remain a mystery!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm continuing a conversation we've been having on the J.K. Rowling thread here, since at this point it is now more properly posted here.

A little backstory; I purchased a copy of The Cuckoo's Calling from an eBay seller. The seller claimed the book was a first US printing. She sent a second US printing. She vigorously defends her assertion that it is a first printing despite all evidence to the contrary. Here is the conversation between us.

Br!an:

Which printing?

808browser123:

Hello. The book offered here is the first printing, first edition in the US.

Br!an:

Sold!

Please package it carefully.

Thanks,
    Brian

Br!an:

Based on your response that the book for sale was a first printing I purchased the book. You sent me a second printing.

If you have a first printing I would still like to have it. However I will be returning this second printing. I can buy a second printing in local stores for $16.

808browser123:

"first printing in North America: April 2013" appears on the title and publication pages in the front of the book that I sent to you. The numbers 2 through 10 appear because editions 2 through 10 had not yet been printed.

Please look over the title and publication writing in the front of the book. I'll need to know if you decide to keep the book that I sent and close the eBay case, or if you want to send the book back to me for a $55 refund and close the case.

Case is opened

Br!an:

·The item doesn't match the seller's description.
    ·The item is wrong

"I even wrote you to verity it was a first printing and you stated that it was. You then sent a second printing. I would like you to pay the return shipping."

808browser123:

"Thanks for your message. The title page of the rare book that I sent you states "first printing in North America: April 2013." The numbers 2 through 10 appear because the second edition had not yet been printed. The book in hand is the first edition. I made a quick photocopy of the title page before the book shipped. Buyers should be happy. If you return the book that I sent then I will refund $55. My address is ############# Please let me know if you plan to keep the book after looking over the first pages with publication certification, or if you would like to return it for a $55 refund. 808browser123"

Br!an:

"It actually states, "First American Edition. April 2013" on the copyright page. The title page has no reference to the edition or printing. The first printing of the book has no reference to J.K. Rowling since she was writing under a pseudonym. Subsequent printings do mention her on the dustjacket. The copy you sent mentions Rowling. The print run is indicated by the numberline. The first printing has the full numberline including the "1". ie., 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 The second printing has the lowest number of "2". ie. 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 The third printing has the lowest number indicated by a "3". Etc. I am including a link to a reputable source that confirms my position. I will be mailing back your book. I will let you know how much the actual return shipping is so you can pay me back or you can provide the return label. http://blog.bookstellyouwhy.com/bid/...ko-o-s-Calling

808browser123:

"Because on Sept. 03, 2013, I sent you the First edition printed in North America: April 2013, with USPS shipping/tracking label ##################, I represented the item accurately without mistake. A return to me is your preference and I can refund $55. Let me know if this is agreeable. 808browser123"

Br!an:

"You still don't get it? You've admitted that the book you sent has the numberline ending with a 2 while the first printing ends with a 1. The book you sent mentions J.K. Rowling on the dustjacket while the first printing does not. The book you sent has all black binding and boards while the first printing had black and gray. The fact is you sent me a second printing your obtuseness notwithstanding. There is nothing you can say or do to change the fact that you sent a second printing. Pay the postage and learn from your mistake. I won't give you negative feedback. If you keep arguing with me I'll let eBay decide if you lied in your listing and leave appropriate feedback."

808browser123:

"The dust jacket is apart from the actual book. I described a first edition, printing in North America, as plainly written on the book title pages. I delivered it to you with tracking information. Thank you for your business. I can accept a return with a tracking label. "

Br!an:

“(facepalm) So let’s review. I wrote and asked “Which printing?” You replied it was a first printing. Instead of a first printing you sent a copy of the book with a numberline of 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2, references to J.K. Rowling on the dustjacket, and black binding w/black boards. You insist the book is a first printing regardless, and the dustjacket is not a part of the book. I have already shown it is a second printing based on the following facts: The first printing has a full numberline of 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. Here’s a picture from another eBay seller of an actual first printing. http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-The-Cuckoos-Calling-1st-Edition-1st-Printing-by-Robert-Galbraith-/00/s/MTA3MVgxNjAw/z/Iy8AAOxy87tSEWvG/$T2eC16hHJGMFFobuFofbBSEWvFvr(Q~~60_57.JPG The references to J.K. Rowling on the dustjacket removes any possibility it is a first printing. It was published under a pseudonym. Referring to Rowling on the dustjacket of the first printing would be absurd. The dustjacket is a part of the book. The color of the binding and boards of the first printing were gray and black. Here’s a picture from an honest eBay seller. http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-The-Cuckoos-Calling-1st-Edition-1st-Printing-by-Robert-Galbraith-/00/s/MTA3MVgxNjAw/z/-B8AAOxyHWJSEWvR/$(KGrHqFHJE4FIDkvj(CjBSEWvRQP!!~~60_57.JPG There is obviously no point in continuing this conversation. Your refusal of the facts does not obviate reality. I am returning The Cuckoo’s Calling First Edition Second Printing to you today. The return shipping is $9.88. $55 purchase price plus $9.88 equals $64.88. If you are a decent person then you will refund $64.88 immediately upon receipt of the returned package. The return tracking number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ps. I would advise you to properly represent the book if you relist it for sale.”

Br!an:

"I'd also like to add that you advertised the book as brand new and it is not. It has been read, it has what appears to be a food stain and also what appears to be moisture damage. In my opinion this whole debacle is more akin to fraud than ignorance."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Duh Brian, don'tcha know that it's a first edition!? Because, it's got like ... paper and stuff.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, and aren't the words in english? C'mon man, that's a dead giveaway, what the hells wrong with you!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad seller.....

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Stupid seller.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Frustrating, bad, stupid seller.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't make this stuff up.

Well you could, but they'd call it fiction.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Its a new custom.
    A new customs custom??
    Simon, is such a lovable "dork"!!! LOL LOL LOL

He is also in my "Fave Five" of sellers to deal with from this site. The other 4 will remain a mystery!! LOL

Thanks buddy

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Log a complaint on paypal?

I previously ordered one of those pop vynil figurine of pennywise on amazon. the seller logged it as "shipped" on august 12.
    As i didn't recieve yet, i sent him an email. the seller told me that he did set it up as "SHIPPED" because the official release date had been postponed (i checked online, it seems to be december now), and he had to set it as shipped otherwise amazon would have closed the order or something like this.
    What a freaking way to do business ! Then in december at the official release date, i wouldnt be able to complain to amazon if i still havent recieved it (i believe someone have said not long ago that amazon has a 45 days window for logging a complaint).

he said that if i wanted to, he could refund me. I bloody hope!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast