Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel the same way....but man....that 5% REALLY pisses me off.

Received this ebay purchase today, and it showed up with a broken neck. I filed a claim with UPS, and will probably get my purchase price back, but since the retail price of this item is nearly 3 times what I paid for it, I am not happy.

I am not having good week.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Hey Tippy. That really sucks about the slipcase from the other seller for the Dark Tower S/L. Is the book a P/C copy or does it have nothing at all in the number space?
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick, sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hope your eBay experiences turn around again quickly.

Pixie, glad your situation worked out the way it should.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Hey Tippy. That really sucks about the slipcase from the other seller for the Dark Tower S/L. Is the book a P/C copy or does it have nothing at all in the number space?
    Nothing written in at all.

I am half tempted to write in PC on the blank line.

It irks me that there are unnumbered copies out there.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I am very upset at a book dealer called Zubal books. I ordered The Gunslinger and they sent me the wrong book! The book I got is nothing like the book I ordered! How could a book dealer be so stupid and screw up an order! I emailed them and I am waiting for a reply.

I hope they ship me the right book! Now, what to do about the wrong book that was shipped. Will they charge me to ship it back to them, I hope not! I am extremely angry!
    Yes I will admit I did majorly overreact. I feel very bad. I contacted the seller and they got back to me right away. They are shipping me the correct book and they even included a shipping label so I could ship the other book back.
    I know I should not have overreacted, but lately I have had way to many bad experiences with book dealers. (Most of them from e-bay!) A lot of booksellers never answer my e-mails or questions.

Zubal books is an excellent company and they are very trustworthy and professional.
    Believe me, if that had happened to me, I'd be pissed off too! It's aggravating...

But, speaking as a seller, I would be more pissed at myself...now I'd lose money on two shippings (the right book to you, and the wrong book back to me)...and I'm hoping that you ship the book well-protected and correctly so it doesn't get damaged.

Any mistake like that and you can almost always assume it's a benign screw-up on their end (which they'll end up paying for).

Now, if you'd gotten the correct book, but the description was way off and it was not the right printing, or damaged, or whatever, then you should absolutely complain and I'd be 100 percent behind you.
    I received the correct book today. Zubal books enclosed a shipping label to ship it back. I made sure the book was well protected.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Please avoid eBay seller ebooksweb123.

I purchased a lot of 10 books from him (more than 300 dls including shipping) and when I was still able to claim the money via Paypal, they always replied emails inmediately. But when the 45 days were gone (consider that shipping transit takes an average of 6 weeks when travelling via surface, so I couldn't start the claim before), they hardly replied my emails.

Apparently I still have time to claim this at my CC company (90 days haven't passed yet), but this kind of claims aren't as easy to start in Argentina than in USA. Hope I can recover that money.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear about this, Ari. Hope it works out in your favor.

(I moved your post to this thread from another, by the way.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Please avoid eBay seller ebooksweb123.

I purchased a lot of 10 books from him (more than 300 dls including shipping) and when I was still able to claim the money via Paypal, they always replied emails inmediately. But when the 45 days were gone (consider that shipping transit takes an average of 6 weeks when travelling via surface, so I couldn't start the claim before), they hardly replied my emails.

Apparently I still have time to claim this at my CC company (90 days haven't passed yet), but this kind of claims aren't as easy to start in Argentina than in USA. Hope I can recover that money.
    Good Luck Ari

It looks like this seller has many complaints about slow/no show shipping. Hope you get your CC company to work with you.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GOOOOOD Luck ARI !!!!
    You know, i have the same problem with the pay pal 45 days, with `Gabriel-disel2´and my money--- gone

AND... Congrats for your 4000 POST !!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Disel is a member here, even when he doesn't post anymore. Maybe you should try to contact him here as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I pm + mailed him 100 times... no answers.....

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mentioned it, I remember I paypaled him the payment for the Dark Tower Spotlight from Marvel. I never got it in the end, and since he was having issues with his ex-wife's health, I never asked for the refund (besides, it was pocket money, less than 10 dls).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mentioned it, I remember I paypaled him the payment for the Dark Tower Spotlight from Marvel. I never got it in the end, and since he was having issues with his ex-wife's health, I never asked for the refund (besides, it was pocket money, less than 10 dls).
    I payed him for sig lim NIGHT VISIONS 5 and sig lim METAHORROR
    He sold my books TWICE, my sig lim NIGHT VISIONS 5 is now in CANADA......

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Claim it to the Credit card company. Maybe you can get your refund though them.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's sad, but Gabriel ripped people off. I tried emailing him, but never got a response.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Claim it to the Credit card company. Maybe you can get your refund though them.
    I payed from my Pay Pal accound and not with Credit card.....
    Then... when the 45 days are gone.... no help from pay pal .... and the money is gone..

The hard-funny thing is, i can see MY Night Visons 5, because Gabriel selled the book to an other tdt member, that of cause was very surprised.... and have no idea what Gabriel is dooing....

When someone see METAHORROR signed limited NR 87.... PLS info me.... This is MY BOOK!!!!

My new motto.... NEVER trust NOBODY ´unknown´

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Nothing written in at all.

I am half tempted to write in PC on the blank line.

It irks me that there are unnumbered copies out there.
    You might check with Grant to be sure, but I do not believe that any copies are supposed to go out un-numbered. I received my Dark Tower VII with the number on the round white sticker on the case but there was no number in the book. I spoke with Robert at the time, and he told me that it was an oversight and that no books were supposed to go out without a number.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Actually, the DTIV replacement copy I just sold has no number after "This is Copy". Sure it came with no slipcase, but the slipcase manufacturer for Grant is not hard to find. I considered having an exact replica made, but went the less expensive route and got a close copy locally in LA. Add slipcase and a few seconds with a pen and you've got a #1 DTIV. Scary stuff...considering the ethics of the folks selling forgeries on Ebay right now.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Scary stuff...considering the ethics of the folks selling forgeries on Ebay right now.
    Your statement is correct. Ebay continues to take the sellers side due to statements like this being put into the auction:

"Every effort is made to describe books according to the Association of online booksellers guideline however sometimes things are missed, to that end should I make a listing error then I will only be to glad to refund your money. offer a exchange should it be available and cover the cost of any postage. All other issues including and not limited to: damage in transit (if not insured), condition conjecture, format, color, size, condition, and authenticity are not the responsibility of the seller and will not be refunded.
    I will without fail answer all questions prior to purchase so please use the contact seller button before the buy it now/ best offer button to avoid any confusion or disappointment. I am a professional bookseller by trade and also a collector myself so I am here to help you make a informed purchase."

The above statement is from an active seller who sold two highly suspect King signed books, two highly suspect Bush signed books, and just put another Bush signed book on Ebay but didn't post pictures of the signature.

Thoughts? Comments?

Yes, the buyer has homework responsibilities before pulling the trigger.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Thoughts? Comments?

Yes, the buyer has homework responsibilities before pulling the trigger.

Mulleins
    Buyer Beware.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

there is no way to protect yourself from scummy dealers

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I disagree. Know before you go and buyer beware. Nothing is stopping you from doing your homework before pulling the trigger. I learned the hard way that not all sellers are ethical and honest but ultimately it's up to me to verify signatures, price compare, ask questions and demand pictures. And always use a credit card that has a very good Charge Back policy...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Again, though, these "no refund" policies will not hold up...if you feel you got scammed, and it's within the credit card dispute window, the seller is obligated to refund you.

Paypal just sent me an annoying update that they will hold my funds for 21 days after purchases to protect against disputes...I've never had a dispute, but I do withdraw money on the same day, which would put Paypal on the hook of a credit card dispute (since they couldn't hold my money), obviously they're being proactive for the reasons I just outlined...still annoying, though, since I've never had any problems.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I agree with the buyer beware, but at the same time, especially for first time buyers, some of these guys have solid Ebay feedback - why wouldn't they think it was legit? By chance I happened across this site, or I could see having made a similar mistake for my first purchase.

On a seperate topic, how much would you pay for a DTI with poor condition dust jacket (small tears, a small hole and multiple scratches)? Book is in excellent shape.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Everybody here's made mistakes...you screw up, learn from it, move on - try not to make the first mistake a high-dollar one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast