Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry if it veered of course.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries, just wondering if we need all three threads.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think all three are valuable as long as they stay on topic.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW I continue to monitor this thread and have moved on from the other two. The "Ebay policies, etc" thread is specific and valid IMHO to ebay buyers/sellers. Maybe the other should be merged here?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It pains me to say (because I really wanted him to lead a new positive path-and should have simply let him be self banned), but kingfan24 is up to the old bullshit.
    He committed to buy from me, then hesitated. Another member wanted the item, then kingfan24 stated he really wanted the item. He committed to pay by today (4/12/2013), then several days ago asked for pics of the item-which I provided and he responded to, still committing to buy. Moments ago he backed out of the deal.
    We are talking about a $70 item.
    Stay away from him, he will only waste your time (and don't even play into his WTB a S/L The Stand-I don't think he has the money, and he will screw you regardless).

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It pains me to say (because I really wanted him to lead a new positive path-and should have simply let him be self banned), but kingfan24 is up to the old bullshit.
    He committed to buy from me, then hesitated. Another member wanted the item, then kingfan24 stated he really wanted the item. He committed to pay by today (4/12/2013), then several days ago asked for pics of the item-which I provided and he responded to, still committing to buy. Moments ago he backed out of the deal.
    Stay away from him, he will only waste your time (and don't even play into his WTB a S/L The Stand-I don't think he has the money, and he will screw you regardless).
    Just to put in a positive word for the man. Yesterday, he offered(just an offer, no concrete deal..to be completely honest) to help me out with an item(when it comes out later this year) that I have been asking around for. So, for whatever thats worth, I just wanted to put that out there.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

He and I just entered into an agreement for my S/L Insomnia, he said he will pay in less than a week. I have my fingers crossed because I'd love for him to have really reinvented himself. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Come on Kingfan! I'm rooting for you!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    He and I just entered into an agreement for my S/L Insomnia, he said he will pay in less than a week. I have my fingers crossed because I'd love for him to have really reinvented himself. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Come on Kingfan! I'm rooting for you!
    Good luck. He "entered into a deal" with me, led me on, then bailed on payment day.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Im surprised you guys thought he would change his ways ...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

A few days ago he inquired about a book I had....asking if it was for sale.

I replied within 48 hours of his inquiry, telling him it was, and giving him a price (and telling him is was firm).

His response was "Thanks for the offer but i'll have to wait until I have the funds after a recent purchase".

You can imagine my total surprise that he had wasted my time yet again.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    has anyone heard from Karen??? Is she still alive?

Interesting that you posted this inquiry in this thread....may I ask why?

Is she a buyer to avoid?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy, how is that wasting your time? It sounds to me like he inquired about one of your items, asking if you could do any better on the price, you said the price was firm, and then he said "No thanks" in his own way. Not really a postable offense, I think.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy, how is that wasting your time? It sounds to me like he inquired about one of your items, asking if you could do any better on the price, you said the price was firm, and then he said "No thanks" in his own way. Not really a postable offense, I think.
    I think he might be referring to the fact that he said he had to wait until he had new funds due to a recent purchase, i.e. he asked about a book even though he didn't have the funds to purchase it. I would agree that kingfan didn't do anything wrong though. It doesn't appear that he agreed to buy the book, and he could have bought something during the 48hrs it took for tippy to reply.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

He did not ask about the price....he asked if the item was for sale...and when I told him it was and gave him a price, he told me he had no money.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    He did not ask about the price....he asked if the item was for sale...and when I told him it was, he told me he had no money.
    I stand corrected.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I think he might be referring to the fact that he said he had to wait until he had new funds due to a recent purchase, i.e. he asked about a book even though he didn't have the funds to purchase it. I would agree that kingfan didn't do anything wrong though. It doesn't appear that he agreed to buy the book, and he could have bought something during the 48hrs it took for tippy to reply.

No, he did not agree to buy the book...but he shoud not have inquired about it if he had no funds.

Guys...this guy is a chronic time-waster. He has repeatedly done this time and time again (so many times he changed his name on the site presumably to escape his reputation) to multiple members of this site.....in many cases agreeing to buy an item (as he did to Jerome above) and then either backing out or just disappearing completely with no notification.

If anyone else on this site had made this inquiry and then told me they have no money, I would not have cared....but this guy has had his three strikes and then some.

I blame myself for not being smart enough to just ignore his most recent inquiry....and gladly admit my stupidity in the hope that it will save someone else from the same aggravation.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

In my defense when I asked you the price you did not respond until a few days later. During that time frame Shannon and I worked out a deal for the s/l insomnia. That is why my response was about not having the funds.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

And if it was anyone else....I would not have said a word.......but given our reputation......and given that you and I have had friction in the past over this same issue, telling me you had no money might not have been the best way to go.

You should have just thanked me for getting back to you, and told me that you would consider my offer....and that would have ben the end of it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"You should have just thanked me for getting back to you, and told me that you would consider my offer...."

I disagree, I hate hate hate it when people say they want to buy things from me, but they either don't like the price or the timing isn't right and then they say they'll think about it or that they'll get back with me later, even though they have no intention of doing so. Say no, end it now, thank you.

I'm with everyone on the subject of KingFan. I was/am one of the BIGGEST supporters of the "He changed his name, why did we let him back!?" ideal. Hell, I still think it was a wrong choice. But I'm all for second chances, and with me, since he "reinvented" himself, we haven't had any issues, so therefore, I have nothing negative to say about him. And hopefully, after we complete this transaction, I'll have nothing but good things to say about him.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    In my defense when I asked you the price you did not respond until a few days later. During that time frame Shannon and I worked out a deal for the s/l insomnia. That is why my response was about not having the funds.

Care to defend your backing out of the agreement to buy from me?

BTW, I banned you for 24 hours. I did not permanently ban you as I figured you would come back with lame excuses and just make things worse.
    So far that looks like the case.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My 2c worth: If someone asks if something is for sale, and if so, how much, there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't get strung along. He found out the price, and then said he had no money for that purchase. I see nothing wrong, as he may have been trying to see if your price was something he could afford in the future...

But, with the previous reputation, I can understand people reactions when things go awry...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    My 2c worth: If someone asks if something is for sale, and if so, how much, there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't get strung along. He found out the price, and then said he had no money for that purchase. I see nothing wrong, as he may have been trying to see if your price was something he could afford in the future...

But, with the previous reputation, I can understand people reactions when things go awry...
    He committed to buy from me. He had more than one opportunity to respectfully decline/withdraw before the time he said he would pay.
    As tippy4 said, he is just a time vacuum. He is the "Black Hole" person. Your (seller) time just gets sucked up and wasted.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

He committed to buy from me. He had more than one opportunity to respectfully decline/withdraw before the time he said he would pay.
    As tippy4 said, he is just a time vacuum. He is the "Black Hole" person. Your (seller) time just gets sucked up and wasted.
    And for your transaction RF, I totally agree with your comments and reponse. When you actually enter in to an agreement, and then pull out, thats bullshit and you deserve the flak that comes with it...

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    And for your transaction RF, I totally agree with your comments and reponse. When you actually enter in to an agreement, and then pull out, thats bullshit and you deserve the flak that comes with it...
    I think that someone legitimately can end up having to back out of a book buying deal with a member. It has happened twice to me with different respected members of this forum backing out of our deal. A surprise bill can do it or a book you've been waiting on suddenly becomes available and you have to chose. If you're a respected member of the forum I automatically give you the benefit of the doubt and no harm no foul.

If you've done this repetitively or fail to communicate the situation then that is something else entirely. Do it to the guy that runs this site and hooks us up routinely...

KF24 - I am also curious to why the deal with Jerome fell through since I think I recall a post thanking him for giving you the exact item you were looking for?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Rf has a legit gripe with me - I should have told him the moment he sent me the pictures of the book. He described the book as not fine - and I should have asked for pictures immediately. After receiving pictures and seeing the book it was weighing on My mind: do I buy the book to have it and be unhappy with the state of it, or do I let it go? I jumped the gun with excitement seeing as I had been searching for COTW for a loooong time. After seeing the pictures though I knew having it in my collection would weigh on my mind. I wrote RF on payment day(because I had waited too long) saying thank you for showing me the book, taking all of his time to put together the pictures. I also said that I think that there were better ways at this point I could continue to build my collection.

I should have written back sooner, I agree with that, and I understand he was angry but banning me immediately after sending that message gave me no chance to communicate.

Hopefully when Shannon writes his review of me and his dealings with me he will only have positive feelings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast