Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Which non-DT King book have you read the most?

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have read 'It' three times and was thinking about starting it again soon! Also I have read 'The Regulators' four times.

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

Huh. It would probably be a tie between It and the Stand, for me.

It 'cause it was the first Stephen King book I ever read, when I was eleven. When everyone else my age was reading R.L. Stine and Goosebumps, I read It, and there was no going back to lesser horror books. I've revisited it a lot since then. For some reason, its a book I love to read when I'm sick -- which happens a lot -- its spooky but comfortable to curl up with.

I've re-read the Stand quite a few times as well. As much as I love It (the book, not the murderous clown) The Stand just seems to have a fascination that It doesn't have. I'd say I've probably read both books at least seven times and probably more.

Gunslinger Apprentice ewald is on a distinguished road ewald's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read The Green Mile three times. And there will be a fourth time one day as well.

John F. Kennedy ConstanToweReader is on a distinguished road

The Stand at least 10
    IT same as the Stand
    The Girl who Loves Tom Gordon 5 or 6
    Night Shift many times (These are my most reread books of his)
    The Green Mile 2
    Rose Madder 2
    The Shining 3 or more
    Salem's Lot 2 or 3
    Insomnia 2
    The Dark half 2
    Firestarter 3
    Carrie 2
    I've worn out several copies of The Stand and IT

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I'm way late to this post (and the site as well )
    I've read a few of them a couple times and I think that's the most of any of them, twice.
    Salem's Lot
    Christine
    Misery
    Pet Sematary
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    The Tommyknockers - second reading in progress

I have several others on the list to read, just don't have enough time to get to all the ones on the list.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm the weirdo in the house. Never in my life have I read any book more than once. I don't even like watching a movie or tv show I've seen before.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOTR, almost annually!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Looks like I'm way late to this post (and the site as well )
    No, you're not! You're perfectly in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I guess I'm the weirdo in the house. Never in my life have I read any book more than once. I don't even like watching a movie or tv show I've seen before.
    yes, this is something bears can't understand at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    LOTR, almost annually!!!
    I hate to break it to you, Bill, but LoTR is not a King book...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, thought it said Non-King book. My bad!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My non-King book is To Kill a Mockingbird. Read it several times. (just continuing with the non-King theme )
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oops, thought it said Non-King book. My bad!!!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Black House. I love the Thunder 5.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Black House. I love the Thunder 5.
    Yeppers!!! Black House would be my fav as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Out of King's books, I'd have to say Carrie. Read it 4 or 5 times.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

honestly i dunno, i've read the Shining a few times. i dunno the numbers though. really The Regulators i thought that one was terrible but to each their own. Desperation i've read 3 or 4 times. It oh it has to be about 10 times by now. i'm 700 pages into IT now. i've been reading off and on that's why it's taking me so long. "The Stand' is my favorite one. i've read that at least 5 or 6 times. i no doubt have read IT more times but i also read that before i ever started "The Stand' and actually for those 2 it's kinda of a tie on which one i love more.

i've also read Rose Madder a couple times, Insommina. i've read a couple times. i've read the 1st DT books a few times as well. the (2003) edition only once though. and this was before W&G ever came out. and after it came out as well. i've read The Tommyknockers a few times as well.

Bag of Bones at least 3 or 4 times. The Dark half a few times as well. that's all i got for now without looking up each of his novels. that's what i got from the top of my head.

Along the Path of the Beam rico567 is on a distinguished road

The Stand, followed by The Tommyknockers.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand (more times than I'd admit) and then Insomnia

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DARK TOWER!~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

haha and IT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler Saintmatthew is on a distinguished road

Salem's Lot for me. I've read it countless times. Really. I'd say ay least 25 times front to back but it also was in the bookrack in the shitter for years and was one of the books I oculd just pick up, open to a random page and read while doing the business. Dune, LOTR and a couple others hung out in that rack too but I can probably recite Salem's Lot from memory. The weirdest part about reading it now, compared to even 10 years ago, is how much the world has changed. I'll also admit to liking the 4 hour miniseries made for TV way back in the 70s, despite all the differences it was creepy as hell when I was a kid.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Long Walk, by a country mile... 30 plus times, then The Stand - usually once a year.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

As for non-DT sK books, I've only read one more than once, which is On Writing. I didn't start reading sK 'til 2006, and I'm a slow reader, both in the sense of not reading very constantly () and taking a relatively long time to get thru a page. There are a number of sKs I've read which I'd like to reread, tho; in fact, I can't think of one which I wouldn't.

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Probably "IT", followed closely by "Misery" and "Gerald's Game". I think I've re-read those 3 the most.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread has spurred me into rereading the King oeuvre. Since my last post, I have reread most of my favorites. Its been like rediscovering them.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

shit!!! who the fuck resurrected this thread?! I want to read new books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, I can compromise... I can, for example, reread one King after each 10 new books... no, five... no... three... no...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    shit!!! who the fuck resurrected this thread?! I want to read new books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, I can compromise... I can, for example, reread one King after each 10 new books... no, five... no... three... no...
    Go re-read, 11/22/63!! Maybe you'll appreciate it this time round!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast