Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Are you serious? Like an Atari 2600? And it's plugged in and working?

You know that Pong goes for some serious dough to Classic Game Collectors!

Not sure about the Collecovision, though I loved that when I had it - DEFENDER!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, a 2600. I haven't played the Atari in awhile. It had a small glitch with a connection somewhere, but it worked and it's easily repairable. I also have games for it. Yeah, we know the Pong is worth some money. It's actually my roommates though. I don't think the Coleco is worth much. I could be wrong though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I played all the videogames based or SK related.

I work in GAMELOFT, a videogame company, and I always said it's the best job I ever had. I've been playing videogames since I have a memory (2-3 years) and had my first computer when I was 9.

As for the preferences, I'm a huge fan of the graphic adventures, such as Maniac Mansion, The Secret of Monkey Island (all except the 4th, which is really poor) and well...all the Lucas Film/Arts adventures.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Gay

I would love to see some screen shots of these classic King games.

I've been playing video games for a long time as well, but can't remember seeing most of these. Of course, I played console based games and I see some of these are for PCs.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some screenshots of the games based on King, can be found in the GAME part of the netherlands website :

http://www.stephenking.nl/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I was going to ask ... have any of you played any of these games?!?

( does someone out there really have a SNES still ? )
    I play my NES and SNES on a daily basis. That's kind of why I wanted to see some screen shots.

My Mood
    Gay

How the heck to you manage all the connections?
    Between cable, and PS3 and my phone via internet - I can hardly stand all the wires.
    I can't imagine having other stuff hooked in there !

I have several av selector switches rigged to my tv. I can play NES, SNES, Genesis, PS 2, Gamecube, and PS 3 without having to unplug anything. I just need to click a button and remember which console goes to it.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I have several av selector switches rigged to my tv. I can play NES, SNES, Genesis, PS 2, Gamecube, and PS 3 without having to unplug anything. I just need to click a button and remember which console goes to it.

My hero !

I highly recommend it. The retro emulators just aren't the same as playing the actual consoles. Plus, the games are crazy cheap and just as fun as ever in most cases. I'll take a picture of it later, perhaps, and try to post it in the video games thread.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Too bad all of you are collectors. I would love to see some screen shots of the gameplay.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have something to add, or archive?
    Should online games like Discordia be listed?

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Nothing new but I do think Discordia belongs in a list.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, there's one very poorly done for IOs devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad):

Pet Sematary

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some pics from the limited signed German F 13

German signed limited F 13

left- signed from Joachim Körber CD (he is the translator from several Stephen King books, and he is also the owner of EDITION PHANTASIA
    right- F 13 Postcard

The Horror-EYE-Flashlight-hanger
    and the CD Hanger

Two German lim F 13 boxes, easy to distinguish from the normal F 13, with the big green lim nr sticker on the front

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last week we launched an update of MONOLOCO which included two references to Stephen King.

The scenario is called 2012 and it's a devastated city after...well, the end of the world. And if you take a close look to the background:

If anyone wants to play it, the game is for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and it's free. It can be downloaded from:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monol...l=en&ls=1&mt=8
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I am not an iSheep, so I can't play.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks awesome, Ari!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Last week we launched an update of MONOLOCO which included two references to Stephen King.

The scenario is called 2012 and it's a devastated city after...well, the end of the world. And if you take a close look to the background:

If anyone wants to play it, the game is for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and it's free. It can be downloaded from:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monol...l=en&ls=1&mt=8
    Currently downloading it. Thanks for the heads up!
    Just a question : what is the business model if you give free apps? Ads in them? In game items to buy...?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In-game apps.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The MIST by Stephen King AngelSoft NEW

Undoubtedly one of the best IF titles from Angelsoft, Stephen King's The Mist is based on a famous short story by the world's leading horror author Stephen King. The choice of "The Mist" out of all other short stories is quite appropriate, because it is faster-paced and more exciting than most other stories. A brief plot: a strange and deadly mist takes over the small town of Bridgton, near Long Lake, on 17th of July. Some survivors take shelter in a Federal market, but discover they are not safe inside, because the mist is not just mist - it's alive and after them! The game itself follows the short story very closely, so anyone who has read it already knows the ending. The goal, of course, is to find a way to destroy the mist and save the town from being devoured. Puzzles are straightforward and fun, and even exciting because of the constant time limit and atmospheric writing. The game does have one badly designed puzzle near the endgame, where you must kill a creature with your gun. The outcome of each shot is randomized, so you must save and restore numerous times to succeed. Worse, the game gives no hint about this random element, so you may assume that shooting isn't the right solution and try to do something else. This gripe aside, this is a great action-packed adventure that King fans and IF veterans alike will enjoy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1985 The Mist Stephen King Sealed New Angelsoft IBM PC Interactive Fiction Video

$44. I have never seen one for auction (of course I never really looked).

Country
    Country Flag

When i found about it years ago, i literally turned the whole internet upside down to find one... about a year later, thanks to my extensive researches

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast