Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Along the Path of the Beam debungsmere is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Were the Harry Potter books US or UK printings? If they were the UK printings, you really missed out! Those are REALLY pricey. You may be able to run into first printings of the US edition hardcovers occasionally. Just keep looking and I'll bet you can find them for less than $1000 each fairly easily.

John
    Yea they were the real UK ones. HP books are about as tricky as they come to find the real deal. So many different versions. yea I missed out. It was sort of right when the books started skyrocketing. I keep looking though hoping I find one laying around!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Some Vonnegut, all 1st editions:

Very nice books! Are they yours? Cat's Cradle is the star, but Player Piano is nice since it's his first.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes, those are all my Vonnegut books. I've been collecting him for a long time, and I agree with you that he is (was) a great author. I think he's better then Stephen King, but please don't tell anyone here I said that, ok?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My entire Vonnegut collection. I am missing some of his Easton Press signed titles, mainly because I was unaware of them when they were published, but I'm hoping to purchase them some day.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

2nd Richard Matheson shelf:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Too cool.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOVE all the Vonnegut!

Richard Matheson shelf 3:

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in awe at all you Vonneguts! That's a great collection!!

Two of my most prized Vonneguts:
    NOTHING IS LOST SAVE HONOR, 1 of 40 and 1 of 300 with the original catalog from Nouveau Books selling them for $175 and $65 respectively, currently one of each on Abebooks for $750 and $500 respectively.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful binding.

Very nice Vonnegut collection. Puts mine to shame! I need to get a good bookshelf at somepoint for them. I have two safety deposit boxes I keep books in right now.

And I agree Vonneguts writing abilities are seldom matched, but every writer has their strengths. I actually think King and Vonnegut are similar in the way they write human desires (both good and evil). I think Vonnegut's personal experiences are probably somewhat more complex than King's though and that shines through.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect the other sig lim books from German small press publisher Edition Phantasia who produced before the german limited Stephen King ES, Nebel, Angst, Augen des Drachen books.

I send two of my Edition Phantasia books with book cover from german comic artist Reinhard Kleist to him,
    and he was so friedly so remarqed and extra sign my books.

This is China Miéville SPIEGEL - The Tain limited 250/10 signed by Miéville and Reinhard Kleist the cover artist. He also remarqued my book and signed it extra. It´s the one and only with an remarque.

Peter Straub Pork Pie Hat lim 200/73 signed by Peter Straub and Cover artist Reinhard Kleist with beautiful signed.remarque and black velvet slipcase.

Last edited by Stockerlone; 12-29-2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Pic

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is not an author I 'collect' (yet) but has anyone here read any books by Daniel Hecht? I'm currently reading LAND OF ECHOES and I read SKULL SESSION earlier this year. So far, I really like his work!

“Vividly atmospheric, rich with twists and turns . . . Daniel Hecht has created something quite original: the neuropathologic gothic.” --Jonathan Kellerman

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Subreranean Press has announced a new Robert McCammon book-The Five. Link

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I got their email announcement and preordered the trade HC. I'm always looking forward to McCammon's books (to be honest, I haven't yet read them all but so far he hasn't dissappointed me)!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I preordered the S/L.
    Hate the cover- although it's not the final version so it might change.

sk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Pre-ordered the lettered.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What do you guys think of the inscribed S/L? I love inscribed books, but I think I like them only in my signed trade editions... In an S/L, I'd prefer them simply flatsigned.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

As a general rule, I don't like them. The only inscription I accept (and have) is to me, done in front of me.

Inscription on these McCammon books seems more like an option than something that comes in every book.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just me, but in most instances I wouldn't want the S/L inscribed. An example of an exception would be something like The Eyes of The Dragon, or The Plant where King inscribed it to me as part of him sending them out to close relatives and associates.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    As a general rule, I don't like them. The only inscription I accept (and have) is to me, done in front of me.

Inscription on these McCammon books seems more like an option than something that comes in every book.
    I have a couple personalizations, where I wrote to the author and they signed books for me, but yeah, generally I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just me, but in most instances I wouldn't want the S/L inscribed. An example of an exception would be something like The Eyes of The Dragon, or The Plant where King inscribed it to me as part of him sending them out to close relatives and associates.
    I totally would accept an inscribed S/L that way too!

Here's one that was signed right in front of me!
    Met Farmer at a rather small convention, armed with a couple of paperbacks for him to sign, but I found a VG copy of a 1st edition of TO YOUR SCATTERED BODIES GO in the dealers room, for which I paid a whopping 10 bucks. Fate couldn't have been much kinder to me that day.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A loooong time ago, this are my first ever bought German limited Edition Phantasia Books.
    Edition Phantasia is best known for the German limited Stephen King books: ES, NEBEL, ANGST, Die Augen DES Drachen.

Brian W. Aldiss BARFUSS IM KOPF - Barefoot in the head Edition Phantasia limited 206/250
    I realy like this ´psychedelic´ cover.

Peter Straub Blaue Rose - Blue Rose Edition Phantasia limited 238/250

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rumor has it that 2 Lettered Editions of Justin Cronin's The Passage are available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast