Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For a long time i collect the books from the late satiric book author Ephraim Kishon.
    He sold more then 43 mill. books, his books get translatet in 37 languages.
    I have all his German books, on the pic you can see some German hartcover books, two of them are
    signed from Ephraim Kishon, and one is also signed from his late wife Sara.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mickey Spillane Tomorrow I Die ed by Max Allan Collins.
    The Mysterious Press 1984
    Nr.186 of 250 numbered copies signed by Spillane slipcased first edition.

I´am a big Spillane fan, specially his Mike Hammer books are amazing...

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Does anyone know why the Tim Powers thread is locked?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Does anyone know why the Tim Powers thread is locked?
    I don't know how or why, but it is open now.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone else collect James Herbert's books???

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I like James Bond! And Jeffery Deaver!
    From left to right: Promotional leaflet - Jeffery Deaver, On Writing Carte Blanche; Signed UK Trade Edition; Signed Numbered 'Indie' Edition; Signed Numbered Limited Slipcased Edition.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I used to collect the John Gardner Bonds. All 1st US and UK hardbacks and paperbacks. Missing some of the UK titles, most notably COLDFALL, which I think is a short print run.
    Mixed in with my Ian Fleming paperbacks.
    I never pursued the other Bond authors, just sort of lost interest I guess, though I'm still a James Bond fan.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I used to collect the John Gardner Bonds. All 1st US and UK hardbacks and paperbacks. Missing some of the UK titles, most notably COLDFALL, which I think is a short print run.
    Mixed in with my Ian Fleming paperbacks.
    I never pursued the other Bond authors, just sort of lost interest I guess, though I'm still a James Bond fan.

That's a really cool collection of Bond books! Congratulations!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a ton of 1st edition signed and limited books and graphic novels from Joseph hillstrom King. I really like his work!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just picked up an ARC of Colin Meloy's first book, illustrated by his wife, Carson Ellis.
    I believe this is the first part of a trilogy aimed at the young adult market.

I like the story telling in his lyrics, so I'm hoping I will be able to say the same about his books.

Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's another Colin Meloy book I recently picked up. This one was self-published earlier this year and was printed entirely on letterpress. It's a limited edition of 200, with 26 of them being lettered. Only the lettered edition was signed and also included an individual print on one of the stories illustrations.
    I have one of each, but since both versions look the same, I'm only showing the regular edition here.

Carson's description of the story:
    Colin wrote The Grievous Demise of Whitley Rackham for a Halloween party that our friend Stiv threw long ago. A lot of guests read original ghost stories. Colin’s was a classic, spooky, overwritten (in a nice way), Victorian one. Yes, it has a cursed Turkish amulet.

Maybe I'll take a couple of photos of my Bradbury books next and add them to his thread.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Tina Uebel

Last Exit Volksdorf
    Die Wahrheit über Frankie
    Ich bin Duke

Before Mrs Uebel started to write books, she was the co-founder of an non-profit book publishing company, she studdys graphic design... (I realy want remarques in my books, but in the q+a part of the bookpresentation, she said, that when she studdys graphic design, she find out that she CAN´T Paint well.... OK.... no remarque...
    All 3 books dated 21.06.11 signed and inscribed at bookpresentation of Last Exit Volksdorf 2.nd Edition.

After a lawsuit the almost the complete first edition of Last Exit Volksdorf get destroyed, now the 2.nd Ed
    is available.
    Of cause i have the FIRST edition, and Mrs Uebel writes in my book: The bad book, pls tell it nowbody..
    In the second book, The truth about Frankie (a book inspired by the story: The spy who stolen my live)
    Mrs. Uebel writes in the book: The truths about YOU Frank, here you can read it....
    In the third book, I´am Duke she writes: I´am Duke, you are Frank, i´am not realy Duke but Tina Uebel

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 1st edition Harry Potter's 1-5 (and only CoS DJ is beat up). Are these worth (or going to be worth) anything? I assume there was a buttload of at least 4 and 5 so they won't be much but just curious (mainly about the first three)
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If you have a true first edition of the UK Philosopher's Stone (HP 1), it's worth a small fortune. If you have a first of Sorcerer's Stone (the US edition), it's still fairly valuable.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, thanks a lot John. It's a US 1st but it is safe to presume that in 5-10 years it will be worth a sizeable chunk of money? Does that mean all the other ones are not valuable (or just for the time being).

Your post intrigued me more
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't really follow the HP editions very much. I found this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harry-Potter-and...item5d2f16f34e

This auction included all the US firsts.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For you George R. R. Martin fans out there:

Hatchards Signed First Editions

Hatchards is pleased to announce that we have signed first edition copies of the following title in stock:

A Dance With Dragons by George R.R.Martin - £25

The fifth volume in the greatest epic work of the modern age

The future of the Seven Kingdoms hangs in the balance.

In the east, Daenerys, last scion of House Targaryen, her dragons grown to terrifying maturity, rules as queen of a city built on dust and death, beset by enemies.

Now that her whereabouts are known many are seeking Daenerys and her dragons. Among them the dwarf, Tyrion Lannister, who has escaped King’s Landing with a price on his head, wrongfully condemned to death for the murder of his nephew, King Joffrey. But not before killing his hated father, Lord Tywin.

To the north lies the great Wall of ice and stone – a structure only as strong as those guarding it. Eddard Stark's bastard son Jon Snow has been elected the 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, but he has enemies both in the Watch and beyond the Wall, where the wildling armies are massing for an assault.

On all sides bitter conflicts are reigniting, played out by a grand cast of outlaws and priests, soldiers and skinchangers, nobles and slaves. The tides of destiny will inevitably lead to the greatest dance of all…

If you would like to place an order for the above title then please telephone 020 7439 9921 and ask to speak to the Hardback Fiction Department or visit the Signed Editions section of our website, www.hatchards.co.uk.
    John

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested in checking out a new Author and maybe helping him out with a purchase, Look up David J Guyton. He is a talented author and extremely talented artist. He does his own artwork and book covers. His books have received decent reviews through amazon, he self published them and is selling them through amazon (hoping to get picked up by a publishing company) , either as an over-sized soft cover for $10.99 or you can get it as a Kindle eBook for 99 cents.
    His First book is called "Mighty Hammer Down" the second is "Blood and Bronze" , called the Legend of Reason series, i believe there are a few more books planned for the series.
    If you happen to buy the books and like them and would like them signed, you know just in case he becomes a famous collectible author, let me know and i can get that done for you. i work with his sister, and he is a very nice guy, more than willing to sign a book. I bought a couple copiesof each and had them signed, you never know !1 and i didn't mind helping him out with a purchase anyway.

heres a link to his Bio on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/David-J.-Guyto...0905646&sr=1-1

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For you Christopher Paolini fans, from Hatchards:

Hatchards Special Editions

Hatchards is pleased to announce that we are now taking advance orders for the following Special Edition:

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Not so very long ago, Eragon - Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider - was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now, the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders. Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances. The Rider and his dragon have come farther than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost? Featuring spectacular artwork by cult artist John Jude Palencar, this stunning book brings the bestselling Inheritance cycle to a breathtaking conclusion.

THIS SPECIAL EDITION IS SIGNED, SLIPCASED AND LIMITED TO 1,500 COPIES.
    THIS TITLE WILL BE AVAILABLE IN NOVEMBER.
    £ 40 Hardback 978038561649X

If you would like to place an advance order for the above title then please telephone 020 7439 9921 and ask to speak to the Children's Department or visit the Special Editions section of our website, www.hatchards.co.uk.
    John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

He only has the one book, so I don't really "collect" him, but Christopher Beuhlman's debut, "Those Across the River" has recieved some early accolades.

Here's my Amazon review, which links to the product page, for those interested in checking it out:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RLDKN08...wasThisHelpful

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    He only has the one book, so I don't really "collect" him, but Christopher Beuhlman's debut, "Those Across the River" has recieved some early accolades.

Here's my Amazon review, which links to the product page, for those interested in checking it out:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RLDKN08...wasThisHelpful
    I read the reviews on Amazon (I couldn't get your link to work) and the book looks pretty good. Thanks.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any Jack Ketchum fans?

CONTEST

THE WOMAN giveaway, organised by Jack Ketchum : http://bit.ly/qDgjs1
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Chuck Palahniuk's new book, DAMNED, has been released. Here's my inscribed copy, received yesterday. He included some extras in the form of postcards, hot pepper seeds, and even Atomic Fire Ball candies.

Looking forward to reading it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow how did you come by that? Congrats Patrick!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Tom. I preordered it months ago from a little bookstore where he is known to sign books.

I like that Chuck P. always inscribes (not just flatsigns) and he always comes up with some stamps for each of his books (like that jack-o-lantern in this case) when he signs. The special postcards, seeds and candies were a total surprise bonus.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast