Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I just can't get into Easton Press books. I don't know what it is about them, but they just don't scream out "buy me". They all seem kind of the same. Leather, gilt edges, etc. Although, the 451 book does look really cool. Anyone here collect Easton Press?
    Eric, I know what you mean, and I sort of feel the same way. Sort of. I've been lightly collecting Easton for a long time, and yep, sometimes they all start to look the same, and thus- boring. Whenever I've subscribed to an Easton series', I'd end up sending half of the books back. Some worked and some didn't, and I can't really explain it other than feel. Sometimes it's the right sort of stamping motif and illustrations. Some just have a better interior design. Occasionally, you get something that just has the right vibe about it. The Dead Zone works for me that way. I just love that edition, but couldn't tell you exactly why. This Fahrenheit 451 looks amazing to me, however. I really love the design on this. They've been experimenting more and more with these special editions, and I hope they do more!

Ron

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    If this works- first time attempting to post an image here- than you should be seeing a scan of the new Easton Press catalog, and what looks like a frigging AWESOME new signed, slipcased, limited of FAHRENHEIT 451! Yeah, it's not cheap at just under $200, but this is the kind of book that I don't mind paying $200 for. It looks uniquely well designed and executed.

I just ordered that one myself. This might be the first S/L I've ordered in 2 or 3 years and it looks a lot nicer than the earlier signed versions of 451 that Easton has published.

There are so many S/L versions of Fahrenheit 451 out there that they almost qualify as a hobby of their own. I think this will be my 3rd version.
    I saw this in their catalog and online as well. It looks beautiful and I am tempted to buy it. However, what is holding me back is exactly your last sentiment. There seem to be quite a number of different Signed/Limited editions of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I just can't get into Easton Press books. I don't know what it is about them, but they just don't scream out "buy me". They all seem kind of the same. Leather, gilt edges, etc. Although, the 451 book does look really cool. Anyone here collect Easton Press?
    I like Easton Press books. I have THE DEAD ZONE. Also I collect the Vonnegut signed/somewhat-limited editions, albeit very, very slowly. I have only five out of about twenty.

Aside from those, I also own a few (less than five) other Easton Press books picked up on eBay where they are often cheaper than the publisher prices. I have no intention of joining any of the Easton series book clubs.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There is one on eBay already: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fahrenheit-451-R...item2560e683ab. At $212 right now with two days to go so if it's still available from Easton Press I would say: 'Get it from the publisher'. The listing has some great photos of the book. I'm almost tempted to get it myself but I haven't even read the story (I haven't read any Bradbury at all).

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Try reading Farenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles and The Illustrated Man. I recall them as being excellent. Later Bradbury does not work for me though.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gauntlet Newsletter...

Two Copies Remaining of THE PASSAGE

We have received our copies of the Cemetery Dance Limited Edition of THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin. Eight of our ten copies went to customers who preordered (two canceled). We have two remaining copies available on a first-come, first-ordered basis (U.S. customers only as we can’t replace lost or damaged copies).

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like the Easton Press books, used to belong to both the Masterpieces of and the First Edition Science Fiction 'clubs'. I dropped out but now I need all the 1st edition Resnicks and Bovas they did, which I will pick up someday.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads-up Swintek.
    I also pulled the trigger on this one.
    Beautiful presentation, and the payment plan fit my immediate needs.
    Between deals with Ralph and Jerad, book budget was more than tapped out.

Karl

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Ben,

If Summer of Night, and Salem's Lot are among your Top 5- well, you've got great taste, as they are indeed in mine as well. Would you mind sharing the other 3? If you're anything like me, I have a "Top 5" of about 10 different revolving books, depending on when you ask me, but Salem's Lot is ALWAYS there. As is Dracula.

Ron
    Ron,

'Salem's Lot & Second Coming are 1A & 1B and that will never change! The rest of my top 5 are:
    The Dead Zone-SK
    Summer Of Night-Dan Simmons
    Semi-Tough-Dan Jenkins
    Rookie- Jerry Jenkins

A quick note on SON. I left Dan Simmons a message on his forum about possibly adding the Banished Dreams material into the upcoming re-issue of Summer Of Night. He responded back and indicated that he liked the idea but it is too late for the Thomas Dunne re-issue. I forwarded the response to Bill at Sub Press encouraging him to touch base with Dan about doing a fully restored limited edition of SON. Since they have done several Simmons limiteds I fgured it has a chance. We'll see.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Ben,

If Summer of Night, and Salem's Lot are among your Top 5- well, you've got great taste, as they are indeed in mine as well. Would you mind sharing the other 3? If you're anything like me, I have a "Top 5" of about 10 different revolving books, depending on when you ask me, but Salem's Lot is ALWAYS there. As is Dracula.

Ron
    Ron,

'Salem's Lot & Second Coming are 1A & 1B and that will never change! The rest of my top 5 are:
    The Dead Zone-SK
    Semi-Tough-Dan Jenkins
    Rookie- Jerry Jenkins

A quick note on SON. I left Dan Simmons a message on his forum about possibly adding the Banished Dreams material into the upcoming re-issue of Summer Of Night. He responded back and indicated that he liked the idea but it is too late for the Thomas Dunne re-issue. I forwarded the response to Bill at Sub Press encouraging him to touch base with Dan about doing a fully restored limited edition of SON. Since they have done several Simmons limiteds I fgured it has a chance. We'll see.
    Ben,

Well, I'm glad someone's on this. It's an important book, and if we get a nice Subpress limited out of it- I'll indeed thank you. Good idea about including Banished Dreams! Yeah, that has to be in there! I'd almost forgotten about that little chapbook that was trading for $300 at one point many years ago. I'd love to see a larger trim size, fully illustrated SON. Hope it happens!

Ron

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This ´new´ Easton Press Fahrenheit 451 is realy nice. I have some sig lim Books from Ray Bradbury but this
    new Fahrenheit 451 is ...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys have almost talking me into buying one, even though I've never read it and I don't collect Bradbury...

My Mood
    Relaxed

One thing to consider is based on the pictures in the auction, and comparing them with the legendary LEC edition pictures, I'm wondering just how much this new edition is based on the old LEC, or how much is designed fresh (purely from an interior perspective). A lot of the Easton books are essentially reprints (and rebinds) of the old LEC and the trade version of the LEC stuff, which name is escaping me right now,oh- HERITAGE! There it is! Anyway, we really need Bob over here to scope this out for us, because he is pretty well versed in LEC/Heritage, if I remember right. The point being that this "New" Fahrenheit might be "new" in binding only, and that is a consideration for some.

Ron

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Ben,

Ron
    Ron,

The Dead Zone-SK
    Semi-Tough-Dan Jenkins
    Rookie- Jerry Jenkins

Ben,

Well, I'm glad someone's on this. It's an important book, and if we get a nice Subpress limited out of it- I'll indeed thank you. Good idea about including Banished Dreams! Yeah, that has to be in there! I'd almost forgotten about that little chapbook that was trading for $300 at one point many years ago. I'd love to see a larger trim size, fully illustrated SON. Hope it happens!

Ron
    Ron,

Let SubPress know you support the idea. Can't hurt to build a little consensus to spur them on.

A few of my Easton Press signed first editions:

THE TRANQUILITY WARS by Gentry Lee
    HOT SKY AT MIDNIGHT by Robert Silverberg
    HEAVY WEATHER by Bruce Sterling

PRELUDE TO FOUNDATION by Isaac Asimov
    GET A LIFE by William Shatner
    GALAPAGOS by Kurt Vonnegut

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i have some autographed books as well. One kids book if anyone here read as a kid or got one of their kids this series. well one of the series called

"The Plant that ate dirty Socks' a great little series for kids. i think the one that's got her autograph is called "Escape of the plant that ate dirty socks'

i forget how many there actually are so bear with me. or even who wrote them at the moment. anyways, "meatloaf" wrote a bio in the late 90's. & i met him & he signed it. 1st edition. never been read. hard back book.

anyways, i also have a book that the great "John Waters" Wrote i met him in (1995) & he signed it. i never read that one either. cause i didn't want to tear or ruin these books. i think that's my only autographed books that i can think of at the moment.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I don´t collect Poppy Z. Brite books but this USED STORIES Lettered SS leather chapbook was NICE.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really like Tim Lebbon. If anyone has anything by him that they don't need, drop me a line. S/Ls only though.

John F. Kennedy daveblog is on a distinguished road

I also ordered the new Easton press Fahrenheit 451. It looks to be a really nice edition and I have been wanting to add a signed copy of that book to my other signed Bradbury books. I have about 60 other easton press signed books and look forward to adding this one to my collection. Now if I coud only find a buyer for my Easton Press signed Dave Barry book that I got stuck with.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by daveblog View Post
    I also ordered the new Easton press Fahrenheit 451. It looks to be a really nice edition and I have been wanting to add a signed copy of that book to my other signed Bradbury books. I have about 60 other easton press signed books and look forward to adding this one to my collection. Now if I coud only find a buyer for my Easton Press signed Dave Barry book that I got stuck with.
    I've thought about ordering the 451 s/l, but I dunno...I was never a big fan of the book itself.

I have about 200 signed Easton editions! It's such a crap shoot, of which will be worth something and which will be like Dave Barry...the reality is Barry will for something on Ebay, but you know you're going to lose something on the same. I sold a copy of a few weak Easton signed editions for $59 recently (including Barry I think)...but sold others for real money.

Like others have said, they're neat for awhile, but they do all look the same and some of the authors aren't all that interesting.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Looks great. I've got one on the way too.
    Did you get your Centipede copy of The Dark, Bob? I got mine a few days ago. I'm thrilled with it. Lovely looking book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Looks great. I've got one on the way too.
    Did you get your Centipede copy of The Dark, Bob? I got mine a few days ago. I'm thrilled with it. Lovely looking book.
    Yes and it really is a nice looking book. I hope to read it soon.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sub Press just mentioned:

We were recently contacted by Dagmara Matuszak, who offered us copies of the Signed Limited Edition of Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys, published by Hill House a number of years ago. We bought out his entire stock, and are happy to offer copies to our customers at some incredible prices. (The cheapest copy of the book we could find on the Net was $300. Our copies start at less than half of that!)

In addition to the book and slipcase, some of the copies we've acquired come with the elusive notebook published to accompany the novel proper. To make things more attractive to collectors, Datsuka has agreed to remarque (add a small sketch to) ten copies of the book.

At these prices, we don't expect copies to last long, so please head over to the book's page, and get your order in. Copies are en route to the SubPress warehouse, and will ship as soon as they land.

Signed Limited Edition: $125

Signed Limited Edition with Notebook: $200

Signed Limited Edition with Notebook and Original Sketch: $300

Link:

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dreamhaven Books also has copies of the book/notebook combo for $200 is anyone couldn't get one from SubPress. Dreamhaven has numbered copies, not PC ones

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveblog View Post
    I've thought about ordering the 451 s/l, but I dunno...I was never a big fan of the book itself.

I have about 200 signed Easton editions! It's such a crap shoot, of which will be worth something and which will be like Dave Barry...the reality is Barry will for something on Ebay, but you know you're going to lose something on the same. I sold a copy of a few weak Easton signed editions for $59 recently (including Barry I think)...but sold others for real money.

Like others have said, they're neat for awhile, but they do all look the same and some of the authors aren't all that interesting.
    Anyone have an S/L Easton of China Miéville's The Scar? I'm looking to buy that one.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a very nice trade PB of that book and I would be more than willing to sign it for you. Including shipping costs from The Netherlands your credit card won't notice the difference from the true S/L, I promise

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast