Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 522 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 572 622 1022 ... LastLast
Results 13,026 to 13,050 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It is dated April, 1991 and contains King's essay "The Dreaded X". It was also published in a 500-copy numbered hardcover edition that was signed by King, among others.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

What do you guys make of this listing?

Large Lot Stephen King Signed DARK TOWER III + SIGNED Artist Prints 1st Ed -RARE

Is it worth the money? There's a lot of signed prints and a couple of King signed items.

It's interesting that all the material are Grant related. Could it be a printer that worked with DMG?
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of the pieces are similar to what we received in the PalaverCon bags(the signed DT2 and DT6 prints, DT3 portfolio pieces and the card stock ads/promotional pieces)
    Other things are a bit more unusual; a WasteLands S/L with no cover, slipcase or mention of the number or PC status, a numbered sig page from DT7 (they aren't numbered until after they are all bound into the book), etc.

It's a strange mix, but much of it is so similar to the PalaverCon bags, but in greater quantity, that I would guess this possibly originated from a former Grant employee.
    Mark Twain

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post

Large Lot Stephen King Signed DARK TOWER III + SIGNED Artist Prints 1st Ed -RARE

Is it worth the money? There's a lot of signed prints and a couple of King signed items.

It's interesting that all the material are Grant related. Could it be a printer that worked with DMG?
    Very interesting. That's quite a haul.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post

Someone will buy it, but IMO it isn't worth $2K.
    The #1444 page is a bit disconcerting, but stranger things have happened.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The seller refers to the images as "lithographs." I think he is wrong. Those look like nice enough prints but probably done on a color printer in mass quantities. Lithography is a whole different process and of a higher quality. I don't think the seller knows much about art.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The seller refers to the images as "lithographs." I think he is wrong. Those look like nice enough prints but probably done on a color printer in mass quantities. Lithography is a whole different process and of a higher quality. I don't think the seller knows much about art.
    You're absolutely correct on both accounts, Bob!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

He's technically correct.
    Lithography is really the process, not the end product. The majority of commercial offset printing has been using the lithographic printing process since the 1950s.
    Any newspaper you buy is technically a lithograph, the marketing people just don't like to point that out when they sell fancy posters for a lot of money. (They do at least make them higher quality and use nicer paper.)

The basic history:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_printing
    Mark Twain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Has anyone posted this one yet?

Stephen King CARRIE signed early signature 1st/1st very fine JSA Certified

It was first posted on SKMB and Marsha figures the signature is good, COA notwithstanding! For anyone named Paul...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

It was first posted on SKMB and Marsha figures the signature is good, COA notwithstanding! For anyone named Paul...
    I saw it. Glanced at it briefly and moved on. The signature is good. My question would be if, in the process of certification, some sort of marking, bar code or whatever is permanently affixed to the book. If so, IMO, the value of the book would go down rather than up.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

In the tenth photo, there appears to be some printing on the inside of the dust jacket. My copy does not have that.

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it. Glanced at it briefly and moved on. The signature is good. My question would be if, in the process of certification, some sort of marking, bar code or whatever is permanently affixed to the book. If so, IMO, the value of the book would go down rather than up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    In the tenth photo, there appears to be some printing on the inside of the dust jacket. My copy does not have that.

John
    This listings address is fairly close by me and I sent a message asking if could meet to view in person, in case anyone has further interest.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

John
    That looks to be on the dust jacket protector (if we are in fact seeing the same thing).

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get it away from the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

John
    That looks to be on the dust jacket protector (if we are in fact seeing the same thing).
    I thought that might be it, but I wasn't sure.

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

John
    This listings address is fairly close by me and I sent a message asking if could meet to view in person, in case anyone has further interest.
    THE RESPONSE: Thanks for the request neighbor, but sorry, I am not very comfortable meeting like that.
    I will would be more then happy to answer any questions you have or speak with you on the phone.
    Let me know if you want to talk on the phone.
    Thanks!

- mbonneau62

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Thanks, I really needed a laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Get it away from the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

LOL! Was thinking the same ting ICry - "Get it away from the pool!"

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I know we're getting off-topic but to me this is an interesting discussion and I have a question for Bob and others who own Doubleday proofs. Are the copies that you guys have the only known copies, or are there other collectors you know (that don't post here) that have copies in their collection as well? There must have been a time when these changed hands more often but I guess they're now all secured in large collections that aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
    There is a collector in Ireland who has all five of the early Doubleday proofs (including Carrie) supposedly inscribed by King to Bill Thompson. There are other copies of the proofs around in collections but that is the only "complete" set that I know of. Chris Cavalier had some in his "Super Collection" sold through Betts several years ago. He was missing Carrie and The Stand. I am missing Carrie.
    I just spoke to the Ireland collector and he has now sold all of his Doubleday proofs. Did someone here buy them?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is somewhat surprising! Does he still have his NEL proofs? I would have thought he'd never sell.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Looks legit, but man is this book beat to shit.

The Stand, 1979

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111321452666

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand, 1979

WOW! LOL beat down to total shit.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Q

The Stand, 1979

Someone will buy this cut the page down and paste it in another Stand 1st/1st and probably put it back on eBay asking 1000.00 for a signed book!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 522 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 572 622 1022 ... LastLast