Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 920 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Someone likes it.
    Go forth and bid:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salems-Lot-L...item19dd003a7d
    A $2000 premium for red ink...wow!
    A premium for being 1/80 vice 1/300. A premium for being difficult to acquire via sale or at auction. A premium because the likelihood of another coming up for sale soon is not nearly as high as the black numbered edition. I see a lot of reasons why this edition is much more expensive than the black numbered edition -- but color of ink by itself doesn't factor into my thinking.

There are numerous early SK limiteds where the red ink/black ink or letter/number premium issue can also be made. EOTD is a perfect example. The limited is only differentiated by the color of ink or a letter/number, But there is a light-year's difference in price.

And at the end of the day, as always, the price will be determined by supply, demand, and the time of the month (when you get paid).
    I guess it comes down to perspective. There were 380 total copies of the limited edition produced: some numbered in red, most numbered in black. Aside from that, both are the exact same item. The individual reason for collecting the book (love the story, love the design, want the rarest format etc.) will determine inherent value to that person. Personally I don't see value in the color of the number allocated and thus wouldn't be able to rationalize nor justify the $2000 premium. Clearly someone did and more power to that person as well as the seller.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    I got my copy through The Haven Foundation.....if I recall...only 40 copies were available?
    I am not sure Haven Foundation was around at that time, however I could be wrong on the details.
    I was under impression The Wavedancer foundation was formed in 2002 to to benefit audio book reader Frank Muller after a motorcycle accident.
    I always thought Haven Foundation morphed from Wavedancer to provide assistance in a broader spectrum.
    Nope...It was Haven Foundation.

I got all five books that they offered:
    TGWLTG
    Secret Windows
    Dreamcatcher
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Black House
    Explorer is right about the haven/wavedancer origins. Wavedancer became haven somewhere around the end of 2007- the beginning of 2008. Dreamcatcher had been out for quite some time (years?) before it was offered on the haven site. Their pick of books was basically whatever they had hanging around/donated.
    I am saying that the above five books were offered for sale by The Haven Foundation...I have the receipts to prove it.

They offered one book a month...and they had about 40 copies of each.

I will check my receipts later for the exact year...I know TGWLTG was first...and I recall it being in December (possibly November).

I'm not sure you are disagreeing with me...I'm just unclear to what you are saying....other than Wavedancer became Haven.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy through The Haven Foundation.....if I recall...only 40 copies were available?
    I am not sure Haven Foundation was around at that time, however I could be wrong on the details.
    I was under impression The Wavedancer foundation was formed in 2002 to to benefit audio book reader Frank Muller after a motorcycle accident.
    I always thought Haven Foundation morphed from Wavedancer to provide assistance in a broader spectrum.

TGWLTG
    Secret Windows
    Dreamcatcher
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Black House
    Explorer is right about the haven/wavedancer origins. Wavedancer became haven somewhere around the end of 2007- the beginning of 2008. Dreamcatcher had been out for quite some time (years?) before it was offered on the haven site. Their pick of books was basically whatever they had hanging around/donated.
    I am saying that the above five books were offered for sale by The Haven Foundation...I have the receipts to prove it.

I will check my receipts later for the exact year...I know TGWLTG was first...and I recall it being in December (possibly November).

I'm not sure you are disagreeing with me...I'm just unclear to what you are saying....other than Wavedancer became Haven.
    I'm not disagreeing with you at all, Rick. In fact both of you are correct. Wavedancer became Haven between the end of '07 and the beginning of '08 at which point they began offering books (some signed by King and others on a first come/first served basis). All of the books you listed were offered and those were the only signed King sold through them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TGWLTG
    Secret Windows
    Dreamcatcher
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Black House

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, Rick. In fact both of you are correct. Wavedancer became Haven between the end of '07 and the beginning of '08 at which point they began offering books (some signed by King and others on a first come/first served basis). All of the books you listed were offered and those were the only signed King sold through them.

FWIW, I've only been "whoring" for Haven since '08. LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, 1908

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Yeah, 1908

LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

TGWLTG
    Secret Windows
    Dreamcatcher
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Black House

I remember when Haven was offering a group of signed books. I was not quick enough or perhaps savvy enough to jump on that opportunity. I always wondered if they were offering 1st editions in those sales.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

All were firsts except TGWLTG.

You were only allowed one...so if you got the first book, you could not buy another.....and they even tracked your IP address...so they knew if you were trying to order from your computer using someone else's information. I tasked my family and friends to get the next four and they came through.

They would tell you the time they would start the sale, sell 10, shut down the site, bring it back online 10 or 15 minutes later and sell 10, shut down the site again for 10 or 15 minutes, etc. It was maddening, but great fun.

First book was offered December '06, then Jan '07 through April '07.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought that Firestarter set!!! May be useful for next year's HF?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is one out there lower, but perhaps this is as low as this particular seller will go:
    The Talisman; Black House Set by Stephen King (2001 Hardcover) as low it will go

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just listed my Lettered copy of Thomas Tessier´s Wicked Thing´s on ebay .
    Starting bid $100 below issue price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330936955290...84.m1555.l2649

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm often amazed at how battered a lot of the Cycle copies are, but that one is probably the most beautiful copy I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Is this the original shrinkwrap?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I have those along with the magazine. Pretty cool

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes, I forgot about the magazine! You don't see that for sale very often.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It was fun trying to put the set together. Took me an age to get hold of the mag though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 920 ... LastLast