Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 896 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally, my first read of each title shown was these PB's. back n forth on the LIRR!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

STEPHEN KING An extensive collection of inscribed volumes, signed limited editions, first and early printings, and contributions by Stephen King and his various pseudonyms.

Various places, dates and publishers, 1969-present. The collection containing approximately 100 items in original bindings or wrappers ranging from slipcased signed limited editions to paperbacks and magazine contributions. Condition fine overall except in rare instances noted below.
    Signed limited editions include Christine (1983, one of 1000 signed copies, fine in jacket); Cujo (1981, one of 750 copies, fine); The Stand: Complete and Uncut (1990, one of 1250 signed copies, in original glassine, wooden box and shipping container, fine); numerous others including Dolan's Cadillac, Skeleton Crew, The Eyes of the Dragon, From a Buick 8. Inscribed volumes include Carrie (1974), The Shining (1977), Salem's Lot (1975), these three each inscribed to Jim French in 1980-81, later printings, dampstain to jacket of The Shining. Signed books include Thinner signed as both Richard Bachman and Stephen King in 1987 (stated first printing 1984, a few nicks to jacket); Danse Macabre (1981). First and early editions include Night Shift, It, Pet Sematary, Cujo, Needful Things, Christine and many others including titles from the The Dark Tower series and more recent works. Illustrated works include My Pretty Pony (trade issue), The Cycle of the Werewolf, the Gunslinger, etc. Ephemera includes an 1969 issue of Starling Mystery and King contributions to Gallery magazine, several paperback editions of early Richard Bachman titles such as The Running Man, Rage, etc. Related works include the signed limited editions of Bare Bones, Feast of Fear, Night Visions, Whispers and others.

A true fan's collection of Stephen King rarities, assembled over a twenty-year period. Estimate $7,000-10,000
    http://www.doylenewyork.com/asp/full...refno=++935167
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=Coulrophobia;769318]STEPHEN KING An extensive collection of inscribed volumes, signed limited editions, first and early printings, and contributions by Stephen King and his various pseudonyms.

Starting bid is $3500

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

How much do people think this lot is worth?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    The listing & pictures are pretty vague.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Beyond vague, and I do not understand why. In today's day and age I am surprised how these auction houses leave so much information out that is in my opinion required information.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Beyond vague, and I do not understand why. In today's day and age I am surprised how these auction houses leave so much information out that is in my opinion required information.
    And there is a 25% charge on top of the winning bid!!!!!!!!!! If you win the auction for $8000 you are paying $10000!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, kinda sucks ballz to pay the extra 25%. Similar to the HA auctions.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going out on a limb and saying I believe this is legit.
    The "S" in Stephen is dead on.
    Stephen King Signed Magazine Page Rare

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For "Boxed Set" DVD collector's. $15, Four DVD's:
    Stephen King DVD Collector Set (DVD, 2003, 4-Disc Set)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Caveat-this book is for sale by a member here. I won't debate the grading in advance, just post the link. Discussion?
    Stephen King Gunslinger 1st/1st in F/NF .

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Caveat-this book is for sale by a member here. I won't debate the grading in advance, just post the link. Discussion?
    Stephen King Gunslinger 1st/1st in F/NF .
    When I read fine for a dustjacket description, I don't expect to see any defects.

**edit** when I see a F/NF I assume (perhaps incorrectly?) that the first F relates to the dustjacket, with the book being described secondary. I just read further detail in the auction that says dustjacket is NF. So my initial comments may not be warranted, but then again, not sure if that dustjacket would meet NF conditions either...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

the book is fine the dj is the NF.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does age factor into the condition terms of a book? What I mean is say a book from 1938 that has visible defects to the cover, and to the book itself is it considered fine based on the age? Versus say a book from 2000 that should have no real defects at all which then would be given a condition of Fine/Fine? I never really purchased older books before, and books seems to have a much different grade system than say sports cards. Thank you in advance for any clarification.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say that age doesn't factor into condition. When you start grading books, you're looking at edgewear, cornerwear, bumps, tears, rips, stains, binding, rubbing, scratches, yellowing pages, smoke smell, etc etc etc. It shouldn't matter if the book is new or one hundred years old, you would still grade it the same. You can say "This is in fantastic condition FOR ITS AGE," but that's about it.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower, (The Mist)
    Medium: Acrylic paints and colored pencils on gessoed board
    Size: 30x40 inches
    Year 2007

The Mist: The movie begins with David Drayton, the main character, hand painting a movie poster for an upcoming film. He is a poster artist. A collection of his other original works, including posters from The Thing, Shawshank Redemption, Pan's Labyrinth, Green Mile and other paintings actually by drew can be seen in his studio. He is painting a picture known immediately to Stephen King fans to be for his The Dark Tower. This is the original painting created for the film.
    $120,000.00

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower, (The Mist)
    Year 2007

The Mist: The movie begins with David Drayton, the main character, hand painting a movie poster for an upcoming film. He is a poster artist. A collection of his other original works, including posters from The Thing, Shawshank Redemption, Pan's Labyrinth, Green Mile and other paintings actually by drew can be seen in his studio. He is painting a picture known immediately to Stephen King fans to be for his The Dark Tower. This is the original painting created for the film.
    $120,000.00

let me start rolling my pennies up.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower, (The Mist)
    Year 2007

$120,000.00

I could swear I saw a picture of King's office with that painting in it... maybe it was on loan?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    Dark Tower, (The Mist)
    Year 2007

$120,000.00

I could swear I saw a picture of King's office with that painting in it... maybe it was on loan?
    It is in King's office. Frank Darabont bought it and gave it to King.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The picture you saw was in The Stephen King Illustrated Companion -- it was taken by the documents researcher for that book.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    ...when I see a F/NF I assume (perhaps incorrectly?) that the first F relates to the dustjacket, with the book being described secondary. I just read further detail in the auction that says dustjacket is NF. So my initial comments may not be warranted, but then again, not sure if that dustjacket would meet NF conditions either...
    The first letter is the grade for the book; the second letter is the grade for the dust jacket.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what i always assumed too

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does age factor into the condition terms of a book? What I mean is say a book from 1938 that has visible defects to the cover, and to the book itself is it considered fine based on the age? Versus say a book from 2000 that should have no real defects at all which then would be given a condition of Fine/Fine? I never really purchased older books before, and books seems to have a much different grade system than say sports cards. Thank you in advance for any clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I would say that age doesn't factor into condition. When you start grading books, you're looking at edgewear, cornerwear, bumps, tears, rips, stains, binding, rubbing, scratches, yellowing pages, smoke smell, etc etc etc. It shouldn't matter if the book is new or one hundred years old, you would still grade it the same. You can say "This is in fantastic condition FOR ITS AGE," but that's about it.
    I would say that age does play a factor. A Night Shift DJ might be slightly faded and considered NF+. Age does not mean that defects should not be mentioned.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 896 ... LastLast