Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 704 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 204 604 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 754 804 ... LastLast
Results 17,576 to 17,600 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, don't let the errant postings of a few individuals dissuade you from further posts. I think I speak for the vast majority of the collectors here who really enjoy your very informative information.

John

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Gerald, don't let the errant postings of a few individuals dissuade you from further posts. I think I speak for the vast majority of the collectors here who really enjoy your very informative information.

John
    I agree 100% with you John.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Disappointed - really wanted to see where it goes to - but maybe some die hard 10k deep pocket colletor didn't want to mess around
    NEVER. Gerald is TOP NOTCH honest cat and would NOT do that. He has issue with people that go behind the scenes and try to screw fellow collectors by doing that. They know who there are.... and so do others!
    + 1 Kris!!!

Gerald is definitely one of the good guys around here and would never do that!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

John
    I agree 100% with you John.
    Agreed. I could get a little verbose when sharing my thoughts but John has summed it up very well.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I would not have listed the first photo in the auction.......the auction is for one set, not four....and there are items (the pen and placards) not included.
    Seriously Rick? That’s your contribution to this forum? I guess the burning desire of criticizing someone else’s auction was too great to contain. For your information, the first photo with the four books was taken over a year ago when my copies of The New Lieutenant’s Rap was first cataloged, after being separated for over a decade. My table card, as well as Atsuko’s was placed with our respective books because I wanted to ensure that the correct copies remained together.

When I decided to sell one of them last week, I collected the various photos of the actual book I am selling, but I chose to include the group photo to let viewers see the various designs that Michael Alpert chose for the envelopes, and how no two were alike. I didn’t have the other copies in my possession at that time, so there was no way to remove the cards and the Carrie pen from the photo, so it remained, but duly noted in the item description. As the party was a seminal moment in my life that came so soon before Stephen’s accident, I was very proud to be in attendance that night and how it influenced my decision to collect as many rare pieces of his from that moment on.

Yes you are correct that the pen was not included in the package for guests, but that doesn’t mean I cannot put it in the photo. The pen was discarded by the check-in desk after the evening concluded, and rather than see it end up in the trash like so many other memorabilia from the dinner, it was brought home and has traveled to Japan, Ireland, and back to the USA. It has been well looked after, as opposed to its inevitable fate had I not retrieved it.

What you fail to realize is that the most important element of this set is the actual signed chapbook. There are several members here that only own this and are very proud of it. Some are missing the envelope, some are missing the necklace, and others only have photocopies of the quiz. While it is nice and desirable to have all of these items present, it is not a deal-breaker if they are not. The initial invitation letter (or fax in some instances) inviting guests to the party, and the RSVP card to select your meal are also nice to have, but they are not essential to this piece. If I still had a parking ticket from the night that showed the date, would it be necessary to include that as well? My reasons for not including the table cards from the evening are my own. Very few guests remembered to take them home on the night, but their sets are no less complete.

I was raised with the adage that “if you don’t have something nice to say, say nothing at all.” While your First Amendment gives you the right to speak whatever is on your mind, a little decorum would go a long way in making people here feel welcome to share their stories and their collection. While I have never sold a book because I needed money, I do so because I own several copies of most King books, and I thought it is only fair to give another collector the opportunity to have something on their shelves that has brought me much joy over the years. However, since my auction has migrated from “Intriguing Stephen King Auction Sales” all the way down to “The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, signature, sellers” thread, and bids have been retracted as well, you can put your concerns to bed. There is NO auction.

Take care.
    Gerald
    Congratulations, Tippy4! Your mean and bitter AWESOME post has not only alienated one of the finest collectors in this forum, but you have also ruined the auction for everyone.... Good Job!!

Golf clap for Tippy4 everyone!!!

Country
    Country Flag

While I have never sold a book because I needed money, I do so because I own several copies of most King books, and I thought it is only fair to give another collector the opportunity to have something on their shelves that has brought me much joy over the years. However, since my auction has migrated from “Intriguing Stephen King Auction Sales” all the way down to “The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, signature, sellers” thread, and bids have been retracted as well, you can put your concerns to bed. There is NO auction.

Take care.
    Gerald

Okay, so HOW THE FUCK did Gerald's auction go from the “Intriguing Stephen King Auction Sales” to the “eBay BS Game: Questionable items, signature, sellers” thread in the first place!!!????

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think what Tippy said was over the line or negative at all. We've previously discussed listings where you have to sift through paragraphs of superfluous information to figure out what is it exactly that's for sale. I can see why neo_trinity would take it personally as a fellow board member, but as a buyer, you have to be vigilant. Especially about that kind of coin.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I don't think what Tippy said was over the line or negative at all. We've previously discussed listings where you have to sift through paragraphs of superfluous information to figure out what is it exactly that's for sale. I can see why neo_trinity would take it personally as a fellow board member, but as a buyer, you have to be vigilant. Especially about that kind of coin.
    I disagree entirely!

Gerald is not the kind of person that a buyer needs to be vigilant about. No matter what kind of coin is involved!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sorry to see the listing taken down. I can attest and vouch 100% for Gerald...not that he needs it from the likes of me....but the downside of posts/texts/emails etc. had ALWAYS been that the true emotion /intent of a post is often lost or misinterpreted. I'm not taking sides in this debate, but I would be disheartened if we here on the boards alienated one of the biggest collectors in the world...Just sayin'.

Can we all kiss and make up and move on?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And BTW...I learned from Gerald's description something I did not know...Stanley Wiater crafted the quiz. I own Stanley's complete set with invitation and placecard and all that jazz. I feel elated.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I did see that in my quiz set(The Stand) that towards the top it mentioned Stanle was the creator. That AWESOME to have his set David, especially since he helped construct such a important piece of the set
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I did see that in my quiz set(The Stand) that towards the top it mentioned Stanle was the creator. That AWESOME to have his set David, especially since he helped construct such a important piece of the set
    You got a pic of that Matt? Love to see it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Catalog is your friend. Read the entire article carefully. ~9 images down are pics of the quiz.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...+Rap+The+-+S+L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Catalog is your friend. Read the entire article carefully. ~9 images down are pics of the quiz.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...+Rap+The+-+S+L
    Oh didn't know they had all the quiz's. Cool!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not have listed the first photo in the auction.......the auction is for one set, not four....and there are items (the pen and placards) not included.
    Seriously Rick?
    I meant no disrespect or insult.

I was merely offering an opinion on what I thought was a confusing picture

It is an amazing set, and perhaps I should have led with that comment.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    I couldn't agree more. I'm sure the actual intent of the original offending post was not intended in a mean spirited fashion, but more the result of open forum discussion.

Gerald, your wonderful posts generally make my day. Please continue and chalk this one up as an unfortunate mis-step?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously Rick? That’s your contribution to this forum?

It is an amazing set.

I believe enough time has elapsed to come in an offer my thoughts.

• Numerous members have thanked Gerald for the new and amazing things he has shared with us. I thank him too.
    • Just as Gerald is a valued member of the community, tippy4 is a long standing valued member.
    • I read tippy4's post as saying "I" (would have not listed the FIRST photo in the auction), not "you". It was on observation and or a suggestion, not a criticism worth pulling an auction.
    • I never saw the auction mentioned in the The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, signatures, thread. If so, someone please point me to that post. I don't believe it exists.
    • Pulling an auction because someone questioned/commented on a photo on a discussion board is perhaps being too sensitive. eBay is a global seller, there are bound to be inquiries, suggestions etc.
    • People here on the site aren't questioning your integrity, but with such a rare and high-end ( expensive) item, there are bound to be "clarifications" suggested.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As a Stephen King fan/collector, I absolutely love Gerald's contributions to the forum. What King fan/collector wouldn't? He seems to be a thoroughly decent chap into the bargain. (We Celtic folk generally are)

I'm also sure Rick (who also seems a thoroughly decent sort) meant no offence in his comment and was merely giving his genuine opinion.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe this was the post: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post943285

He shouldn't have asked the question in that thread, but it was more about the signature differences than the listing itself.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It is an amazing set.

• Numerous members have thanked Gerald for the new and amazing things he has shared with us. I thank him too.
    • Just as Gerald is a valued member of the community, tippy4 is a long standing valued member.
    • I read tippy4's post as saying "I" (would have not listed the FIRST photo in the auction), not "you". It was on observation and or a suggestion, not a criticism worth pulling an auction.
    • I never saw the auction mentioned in the The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, signatures, thread. If so, someone please point me to that post. I don't believe it exists.
    • Pulling an auction because someone questioned/commented on a photo on a discussion board is perhaps being too sensitive. eBay is a global seller, there are bound to be inquiries, suggestions etc.
    • People here on the site aren't questioning your integrity, but with such a rare and high-end ( expensive) item, there are bound to be "clarifications" suggested.
    I will also add knowing Tippy4 as a seller and also as a distant but close friend I can say with some certainty that his intent was likely meant to be helpful advise to one who does not post items often on EBay.
    Tippy4 has been generous in sharing his experience in selling on EBay to others including me in the past. I hope Gerald does not allow any of this to discourage his amazing sharing of information, experience and great items.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I believe this was the post: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post943285

He shouldn't have asked the question in that thread, but it was more about the signature differences than the listing itself.

by all given respect thats a legit question, maybe wrong topic, yes, but not offensive or critical in any way

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

It is an amazing set.

I will also add knowing Tippy4 as a seller and also as a distant but close friend I can say with some certainty that his intent was likely meant to be helpful advise to one who does not post items often on EBay.
    Tippy4 has been generous in sharing his experience in selling on EBay to others including me in the past. I hope Gerald does not allow any of this to discourage his amazing sharing of information, experience and great items.
    Having a great interest in tnlr I am sad to see the auction pulled, but I don't think we have the reason why it was pulled? I also re read Gerald's post and did not see the "threat" or "desire" to never post again?? I was briefly confused (by looking at the picture) about what was being sold, but the description did explain what was offered! I hope it gets relisted.

Thanks rf and explorer for trying to run interference! A few misunderstood statements can sure cause excitement on this site!

Having known tippy for a while, I often seek his advice and knowledge as a great resource, just go through old posts and you can see the value in his history and collecting! I was researching a few signed limiteds and seeing the discussions at time of release helped me decide on my next purchases.

just getting to know neo trinity, but his stories are added value to the history of sk collecting!

Thank you both for sharing your knowledge, expertise, and enthusiasm!

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

It is an amazing set.

So glad you weighed in. Collecting, even amongst friends, requires thick skin. Thanks to Gerald, RF, tippy, and others for sparking such an interesting conversation about such rare items!

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Stephen King's Salem's Lot ARC (Cemetary Dance)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231664417380
    This is unbelievable, btw. Over $2k???! Woah. How can that be? Think about the different SK S/Ls you can get for $2k!

RARE Stephen King's Salem's Lot ARC

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one am ready for Gerald to take a short break from posting on here... my keyboard is beginning to short out from all my drool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 704 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 204 604 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 754 804 ... LastLast