Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 707 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTF on placing a bid and eliminating the Buy it Now!!!!!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably overpaid a bit but I cannot find another copy of that Pet Sematary edition anywhere else! As soon as the auction ended, I was contacted by a 3rd party with an offer of $75 for that single book alone. I really have no idea as to why the demand for that particular edition.....

Anybody else seen one?

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I didn't realize that was you winning the auction. I didn't mean to criticize, I'm sorry, no offense intended at all. I guess I just didn't know that they really had any monetary worth. Maybe I should look into finding the rest for myself. I only have three: Night Shift, Pet Sematary and The Stand.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize that was you winning the auction. I didn't mean to criticize, I'm sorry, no offense intended at all. I guess I just didn't know that they really had any monetary worth. Maybe I should look into finding the rest for myself. I only have three: Night Shift, Pet Sematary and The Stand.
    No worries! Honestly, I am quite surprised that I had to spend that much. I just can't figure out the demand for the PS Edition. Somebody was looking for it as part of a Forum post on Tomas' website as well......

Strange!?

If you want to expand your Reissue Doubleday Collection, I just posted a Carrie on eBay for a whopping ONE DOLLAR!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post
    Guy probably suffers from Premature Ejaculation as well!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

I heard (could be apocryphal) that Doubleday only printed less than 10,000 of the Pet Sematary edition compared to over 50,000 copies for the rest of them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I heard (could be apocryphal) that Doubleday only printed less than 10,000 of the Pet Sematary edition compared to over 50,000 copies for the rest of them.
    Well that would certainly help explain it.........

It is a pretty cool cover......

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, they must not have anticipated much of a demand for the PS reissue. At one time, I had both a 14th and a 17th printing of the B&W The Stand. Must be that they just kept the big sellers in print (duh, why would they do anything else?).

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Re: the 'Holdorf art' reissues: there are six because King has published six Doubleday books. And yes, PET SEMATARY seems to be extremely scarce in this version. I've only seen one for sale and two more in collections. That doesn't mean much because I'm not actively looking for them but I remember the guy who was desperately looking for one and getting frustrated by all the auctions with stock photos of that particular edition. Apparently he still hasn't managed to find a copy so that does tell us something about its scarcity.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

(shameless plug)
    Everything's Eventual Light Blue US Proof - currently a VERY good price...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stephen-King-E...item43a76519ca
    Calla Wolf

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the Holdorf books, was there anything in the auction that suggests that they weren't Book Club editions? I have a Holdorf "The Stand" with no price on the jacket, and I think it is an extremely ugly cover. (Doesn't help that a bunch of the book is bound upside-down).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Speaking of the Holdorf books, was there anything in the auction that suggests that they weren't Book Club editions? I have a Holdorf "The Stand" with no price on the jacket, and I think it is an extremely ugly cover. (Doesn't help that a bunch of the book is bound upside-down).
    I didn't know the term for these books was Holdorf, but it's good to have a name, I was always just referring to them as the black and white DoubleDays. Anyway, all three of mine have prices

The Stand: $45
    Night Shift: $30
    Pet Sematary: $25

I imagine the book club got a swing at making their own copies too and that is what you probably have?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I didn't know the term for these books was Holdorf, but it's good to have a name, I was always just referring to them as the black and white DoubleDays. Anyway, all three of mine have prices

The Stand: $45
    Night Shift: $30
    Pet Sematary: $25

I imagine the book club got a swing at making their own copies too and that is what you probably have?
    All 6 Volumes in my collection contain prices as well. The DJ Artwork is very consistent ...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Holdorf is the name of the artist, I think David at Betts once described one of these as a 'Holdorf book' on his website and I've been using that term ever since.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, this info might available elsewhere but I am lazy. Does Holdorf have a first/last name? And also, avid, can you tell me the dustjacket prices on the other three volumes not already mentioned? Thank you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Hello, this info might available elsewhere but I am lazy. Does Holdorf have a first/last name? And also, avid, can you tell me the dustjacket prices on the other three volumes not already mentioned? Thank you.
    Here's what I got......

Night Shift: $30.00
    Carrie: $25.00
    'Salem's: $32.50
    Pet Sematary: $30.00
    The Shining: $27.50
    The Stand: $30.00

As for the dude's name, I haven't a clue!

Tim

Country
    Country Flag

Here's what I got......

Night Shift: $30.00
    Carrie: $25.00
    'Salem's: $32.50
    Pet Sematary: $30.00
    The Shining: $27.50
    The Stand: $30.00

As for the dude's name, I haven't a clue!

Tim
    Now it gets even more complex.....The DUPLICATE Carrie I am selling on eBay, has a DJ Price of $29.95 which is DIFFERENT than the one I am retaining.

Same book, same ISBN!?

WTF!

Country
    Country Flag

Created a New thread for this topic in an effort to keep this thread on task......

See the forum for Holdorf Art / Doubleday 1993 Reissue.......

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are too lazy, don't expect me to do the lifting. Try Google. It worked for me on the first try.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Google results show Thomas Holdorf
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure if you are joking or just dim. The BIN price was half or less what the book usually sells for and I would have gladly paid the $174 BIN for a book signed by King and many others. I am sure the book will sell for much more than he had it listed for and I just missed it.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    I am not sure if you are joking or just dim. The BIN price was half or less what the book usually sells for and I would have gladly paid the $174 BIN for a book signed by King and many others. I am sure the book will sell for much more than he had it listed for and I just missed it.
    Not sure why you felt the need to insult him when he was stating the same exact thing. He was commenting on how stupid it was for someone to BID on the auction -- thereby REMOVING the Buy It Now option -- rather than simply choosing to "Buy it Now."

Before you declare others dim, you should check your own luminosity first.

Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping to get it at $174 as well and when I went to do "Buy it Now", I was MORTIFIED (Irritated) that someone had actually placed a bid (therefore eliminating the BIN) hoping to get it less than $174.00. We all know the book is worth well more than that and I (we) weren't fast enough.

Tim

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Send the seller a message and offer $200. I would if I had the money.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    I am not sure if you are joking or just dim.
    I obviously was unclear as to his meaning. It appeared sarcastic to me.

avidkingcollector: I guess we were thinking the same thing but just stated it differently. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 707 ... LastLast