Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 785 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

No, the seller just wanted me to know. Why in the world would it be worth so much? I'm guessing my plan to open it is not too smart - I just wanted a Fine condition Gunslinger as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Yeah, I doubt that was a prank. Did they try to get you to send it back?

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The seller's behavior seems rather strange. On the other hand, looks like you've got a great book regardless of whether it was re-wrapped or not.
    Hey, someone more knowledgable weigh in: How much--if any--will it hurt the value if mcdonaldj opens the wrap?

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had in bids, but got a cancellation notice from Ebay!!!! Cry Foul!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    The seller's behavior seems rather strange. On the other hand, looks like you've got a great book regardless of whether it was re-wrapped or not.
    Hey, someone more knowledgable weigh in: How much--if any--will it hurt the value if mcdonaldj opens the wrap?
    It shouldn't hurt the value. Anyone can re-shrinkwrap a book. Plus, what good is a book you can't even open?

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I open all my books, never leave any shrink wrapped. As said it can easily be wrapped and i have heard to many stories of signed books not having signatures, and also that leaving them wrapped up can actually be bad for the book. Plus i just like to be able to open them...as divemaster stated...what good is a book you can't open?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    Not only very cool and unique, But quite possibly able to answer an age old question. At least to me.
    Available at Heritage on April 11th. Save your pennies

$11,250. wow.
    Did it end up in The Corner?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Did they actually release all of them? I thought they just did the three posted above and stopped.
    I got the three a year ago for 1 dollar...the whole lot + $5 of S&H
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty good.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating (includes interactive game)"In addition, the disc contains entertaining and innovative interactive games,
    including a "Paranormal Test" to measure how strongly the user "shines" (or merely "glimmers" or "fizzles").

Stephen King's The Shining ABC Miniseries Movie Promotional CD-Rom Press Kit

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

No! Too slow again it is sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My gut feel is that it's a fake.

John

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe King had a beer or ten at the Festival before he signed it...?

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My gut feel is that it's a fake.

John

It's been difficult for me to find the time to comment very often but it looks fine to me. Typical of the 80s
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Hang around here...a PC of the portfolio-along with a PC of the S/L "IT"-with 3 original pieces of art by the Orbik, Clark and Wells will be going up for sale in ~ 11 days.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing wrong with this one.... very typical of the early 80's. Unusual to see it signed Steve. But none-the-less it's legit.

My Mood
    Amused

IT is going to go for a huge amount, the remarques/art pieces are stunning. I'll definitely be bidding but I'm realistic on my chances.

23 April is now on my phone reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Hang around here...a PC of the portfolio-along with a PC of the S/L "IT"-with 3 original pieces of art by the Orbik, Clark and Wells will be going up for sale in ~ 11 days.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    self promotion.... but what the hell... I've been a member since the old old days, and never posted anything for sale...so...

My Roman Numerated Salem's Lot....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=261000945193
    Getting interesting although it was pushed to $5000 by a bidder with zero feedback.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just bid $5,999 and still fell short...

I'm maxed out. I actually have 1 of the 5 Unnumbered copies + The Interviews I bought from David. But, thought it would be nice to have a Red #'d copy as well!

Hope it stays in the family!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I understand if Terry doesn't want to say, but I am very curious what the reserve is since it still hasn't been reached.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am struck by the thought that if he won't part with the book for $6,000 then he is still a collector, despite his protestations to the contrary.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think maybe he just thinks it'll go higher. There's no reason for him not to get the best price he can or to part with it for less than he'll be happy with...although personally I never liked reserves. I think people should just start auctions at what the lowest price they'll be happy with.

If you rescue me

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well... I set the reserve at what I feel the book is worth...
    to compare...
    the lettered firestarter was limited to 26 copies (with one supposedly burned up = 25 copies left)
    the roman numeraled salem's lot had 25 copies... of which only 10 are lettered in red (and my copy has two traycases)

to quote the collector site:

"26 Lettered copies wrapped in aluminum-coated cloth. Sometimes called "The Asbestos Firestarter" for obvious reasons. $13,500-$16,000"

both salem's lot and firestarter are early titles of king... but the salem's lot is a hell of a lot better looking limited...

that said.... my reserve is set much much much less than what lettered firestarters go for.

it ain't a firestarter... but it a ain't a firesale either.... I don't plan to give away items - but if someone decides it's worth it, I'll sale them for what I consider a fair price.
    I will say this - The reserve is at a lower price than what the only two other copies that I have personally seen on ebay.... sold for (both black numbered and neither which had an extra traycase).
    If you read the auction... that should give you an idea of what the reserve is...

as far as reserves... I'm not sure how I feel about them.... it's my first ever auction I have setup... most auctions I have bid on over the years have worked this way though....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't criticizing at all. I was just curious. Honestly I couldn't afford even fire sale prices right now. I hope it does well for you.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 785 ... LastLast