Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 783 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Look at the yellow text color in picture one of the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...0#ht_500wt_922

Go here and compare

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rade+HC+2nd+Ed

First Edition
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a first to me ...

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there such a beast as a second printing of the first edition? They went immediately to "Second Edition" for the next printing, right?

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The boards do look brown to me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Right!

John

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Word. I sent the seller a message with the catalog link to help him/her out...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Right!

John
    Wait, John. I always thought it was a 1/1 and a first edition, second printing since it was done in the same year. No? It was always my understanding that the real 2nd edition had a different DJ. Thoughts?

BTW looks like a 1/1 to me as well. Thx, Ralph for the post. Makes it very clear upon comparison!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's the first edition, second edition (where the jacket is slightly different shading of colors), and the third edition which had the tull cover and came in the DT boxset which would be the third printing. The first two even if they happened in the same year would constitute separate editions especially since initially no second printing was originally planned.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Wouldn't maroon colored boards on the Gunslinger make it a first edition, first printing? I thought maroon boards were only on a 1/1?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Right!

John
    Wait, John. I always thought it was a 1/1 and a first edition, second printing since it was done in the same year. No? It was always my understanding that the real 2nd edition had a different DJ. Thoughts?

BTW looks like a 1/1 to me as well. Thx, Ralph for the post. Makes it very clear upon comparison!!
    My copy (the same dust jacket we are referring to here) is a second printing or what ever we are calling it, and it has the words second edition printed in it. To me that makes the one with the different dust jacket the 3rd edition.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Except that Grant confused the issue by using the terms "First Edition", "Second Edition" and "Third Printing", which makes people think that the one with the different DJ is a first edition/third printing.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An "edition" is supposed to represent the content of a book. So, the first edition is what the book looks like when it hits the shelves. If the content is not changed, the first edition could have many printings, like the Harry Potter books. If the content changes, then it should be released as a second edition. I don't have all of the Gunslinger copies, but I don't think the content is different in any of the three books (cover change aside). So, they probably should have all been First Editions, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd printings. I would be wrong if the content did change.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

From a bibliographic point of view that is true; in the world of collecting it's generally not so. I mean technically you are correct, but, I think not separating the two POVs is what leads to confusion. Well, that and publishers sometimes being inconsistent in how they use these terms.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always considered significant changes to the production of the book to constitute different editions, not just the content contained therein. When Grant changed the color of the boards, did some tweaks to the jacket and interior (didn't they go to one-color endpapers for the second?), and anything else on the second printing of The Gunslinger, that made it a second edition (or 2/1 if you want to be specific about the edition/printing division). They really did confuse matters by calling the third version the "third printing". That's news to me...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its usually not a change in boards, dust jackets, endpapers, etc., that should denote a new "Edition." School textbooks, whcih have updates every year or two, always come out as new editions, since the content has been updated. That is supposed to be the way it works, but as Brice said, not all publishers do it this way.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree with you, E, it's just the peculiarities I've encountered with King stuff like The Gunslinger which has given me a slightly weird (i. e. technically wrong) view of the whole edition/printing thing.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there really at this point should be two separate definitions. Technically Eric is right, but by thel bibliographic definition EVERY copy of Catcher In The Rye is apparently the same (first) edition. Of course from a collecting POV that would seem absurd. I think we should consider each separate print run a separate edition. To say first edition _____ printing just seems inelegant and extraneous though probably technically correct.

If you rescue me

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ok... my first ever auction is up... the roman (RED) numerated salem's lot...

I'm an old hat at buying, but brand knew at the seller thing... so forgive me if I make some errors. I'll post any other future items in the appropriate threads... but since I'm here.... My hymen has been broken...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=261000945193

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW That's how the LOTR books are handled. First US/UK edition 1-2-3-4 etc printing/Impression
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's a beautful book, way out of my league, but I'll be watching the auction closely. Good luck Terry!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a great looking auction, friend.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

self promotion.... but what the hell... I've been a member since the old old days, and never posted anything for sale...so...

My Roman Numerated Salem's Lot....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=261000945193

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That's an incredible book. Way out of my league. Best of luck with the auction.

Edit: Bill, I missed your post at first. That would work perfectly fine if everyone in the book world could agree to follow the same guidelines. Instead publishers seem to want to confuse the matter from what I've seen. And I just want to smack the ones who insist on using the expression first thus.

If you rescue me

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    ok... my first ever auction is up... the roman (RED) numerated salem's lot...

I'm an old hat at buying, but brand knew at the seller thing... so forgive me if I make some errors. I'll post any other future items in the appropriate threads... but since I'm here.... My hymen has been broken...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=261000945193
    Although your passion appears to have waned this is one that I would hold onto.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Wow! That's an incredible book. Way out of my league. Best of luck with the auction.

Edit: Bill, I missed your post at first. That would work perfectly fine if everyone in the book world could agree to follow the same guidelines. Instead publishers seem to want to confuse the matter from what I've seen. And I just want to smack the ones who insist on using the expression first thus.
    LOL agreed. I never fail to chuckle when I see someone use "thus" in an ebay title. Why do they do it?? WHY!

Oh btw, UTD S/L $250 BIN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 783 ... LastLast