Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 679 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    So it looks like SK decided to sign some more copies of FDNS down in Florida - http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-FUL...item2a0ddcebc2
    Thats the second one I've seen so far from the FL. book store.
    The first listing was pulled shortly after it was put up.
    I wonder how many copies there are?

Now this one has been pulled - weird
    The items weren't pulled, the URL's aren't being copied full when being quoted. The other one ended with no bids, and this one currently is still up with no bids.

You're absolutely right - I thought I was copying the whole link. Thanks for the heads up!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^ I just HAD to post directly after your post. You understand!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is an auction for a copy of The Plant, printed out and spiral bound. Current bid is $99. Doesn't this break some copyright laws?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plant-Stephen-Ki...item56423f48b1

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is ok.
    There was a time that we could print them on line, if I remember right?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Here is an auction for a copy of The Plant, printed out and spiral bound. Current bid is $99. Doesn't this break some copyright laws?

it depends... the plant was available for download... payment was voluntary.
    If you paid for the plant, it allowed you to print a copy of it without breaking copyright laws..
    King was seeing how many people would actually pay for it if given the option.At the time, he stated that if enough people paid for it, he'd continue the story... the story wasn't finished, so I assume that there were a lot of freeloaders out there...even though the download for each part was only a couple of bucks if you decided to pay for it.

I wanted the story finished... so I made triple payments for each part, to try to cover some of the freeloaders.

as such, I assume I am entitled to print out three copies to do with like I like.
    I've done so, printed on very quality rag paper, had one of them bound very nicely in kidskin leather with matching traycase and handmade endpapers. I assume if I wanted to sale this, I could without violating the copyright laws.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did the same but only one copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It's a tough call...selling anything printed and copied is basically infringement, since it's not really unique. But, like Boome said, if you invest in quality paper, leather binding, etc., then you're creating a one-off unique piece.

I think by the letter of the law it is infringement, since the seller could easily make multiple copies of something they didn't create...but this wouldn't be one that gets me too bent out of shape.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The DJ is IMO worn. The title says "DJ ExCon"

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

But I think the price reflects that.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose, but it hasn't sold yet....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now THIS is a truly intriguing Stephen King Auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1558wt_1137
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't ask me why, but I THINK I saw Merlin somewhere advertising DT.org's fundrising auctions...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seems like a pretty good deal to me for #2 / 33. At least while the 60% off sale is going (for another 24 hours).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370287340389

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    This seems like a pretty good deal to me for #2 / 33. At least while the 60% off sale is going (for another 24 hours).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370287340389
    Not so great a deal. These sell for below the issue price regularly. I got mine cheaper from Betts.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It has now.

I got him to knock another $10 off of the price and snagged it.

This is the third time he listed it ($180, then $160, then $120 $110).

$110 shipped is a good price I feel.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    It has now.

This is the third time he listed it ($180, then $160, then $120).

Particularly if you squirreled away a couple of spare dustjackets back when Grant was still selling them in 2002 for, what was it back then, $10.00 a piece ;-)
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Regardless how rare this is, it is in awfull condition....
    Nice photo and art on the DJ.......

Brian......

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-CAR...item2eb3378e01

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post

it depends... the plant was available for download... payment was voluntary.
    If you paid for the plant, it allowed you to print a copy of it without breaking copyright laws..
    King was seeing how many people would actually pay for it if given the option.At the time, he stated that if enough people paid for it, he'd continue the story... the story wasn't finished, so I assume that there were a lot of freeloaders out there...even though the download for each part was only a couple of bucks if you decided to pay for it.

I wanted the story finished... so I made triple payments for each part, to try to cover some of the freeloaders.

as such, I assume I am entitled to print out three copies to do with like I like.
    I've done so, printed on very quality rag paper, had one of them bound very nicely in kidskin leather with matching traycase and handmade endpapers. I assume if I wanted to sale this, I could without violating the copyright laws.
    I remember when King offered the book for download. I also vaguely remember follow-up comments by King in which he expressed his disgust for how few actually paid for the thing and that he wouldn't be finishing the story.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That's not the reason he stopped writing it. True, the pay-through percentages fell off with each installment, but he was still bringing in a significant amount of money. The story died for him -- and that's not surprising because the same thing had happened in the 1980s when he first attempted to write it. I think that if the story still fascinated him, he would have finished it no matter what the payment situation.

If you legitimately purchased and downloaded a copy, you can print it out for your own purposes. However, if you sell the electronic copy, you need to delete your personal electronic copy to stay kosher. Selling a printout is more of a grey area, since you are crossing the boundary between formats. If you purchased a copy of Duma Key, you are within your rights to sell it. You couldn't sell a photocopy of it, nor could you record an audio version and sell that, nor scan it, reformat it and print it out and sell that.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bev.... My view is and was... King allowed you to print out the copy from the electronic version for your own purposes.
    this would be much like buying a book, with a CD attached - many text books have this (most now days) and I think Rocky Woods had something like this way back?
    and it is perfectly legal to resale those.

IMO- this is just the opposite- it is an electronic version, with (by King's permission) a printed version attached.....again, I stipulate only one printout per paid download.

if I were to sale my 3 copies I purchased via download... I'd have a clear mind doing so, and I seriously doubt King would lose any sleep over it, unless I were selling scores of copies (which obviously were not paid for)....then that'd probably raise some heads.

Yeah, the story died on him...and I suspect it was too much like the little shop of horrors movie- who's writer's I think ripped off King's story...
    but I'd really be surprised if the lack of honest people out there didn't play a part and influence / muzzle King's creative muse on this one.
    I doubt King ever writes just for the money anymore... I guessing he's probably pretty set for life.

of course, these are just my guesses - only King really knows all the reasons he finishes one story and scraps others.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Printing it for your purposes -- that's fine. As would be recording an audio version for you to listen to in the future. However, selling any of these derivatives is breaking copyright. Whether or not King would lose any sleep over it is beside the point. We're talking about what is right and what is not right. If someone printed out one of my stories that was published on a web site, turned it into a chapbook and sold it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but I would certainly send the person a cease and desist letter.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Printing it for your purposes -- that's fine. As would be recording an audio version for you to listen to in the future. However, selling any of these derivatives is breaking copyright. Whether or not King would lose any sleep over it is beside the point. We're talking about what is right and what is not right. If someone printed out one of my stories that was published on a web site, turned it into a chapbook and sold it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but I would certainly send the person a cease and desist letter.
    That was my thought when I originally asked the question about breaking some copyright law. I am not a lawyer and certainly no expert on copyright law but something just doesn't seem right about taking someone's copyrighted material, printing it out and selling it. What if someone were to print out 50, 100, 200 copies of this story, bind it, and sell them. They would be making a profit off anothers copyrighted material. Something just does not seem right about that.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    It has now.

This is the third time he listed it ($180, then $160, then $120).

Particularly if you squirreled away a couple of spare dustjackets back when Grant was still selling them in 2002 for, what was it back then, $10.00 a piece ;-)
    Well call me a squirrel!

Took two days of looking, but I finally found my tube o' dust jackets, and there was one left inside.

Don't know if I can bring myself to actually put it on the book.

An unfolded dust jacket for The Gunslinger (1st or 2nd) has become an endangered species!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 679 ... LastLast