Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 666 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still copies appearing of the signed Insomnia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-INS...item3f0607c83c

He "found several more of these while packing orders, so I am reducing the price until they are gone."

Where did I hear that phrase before?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I got mine for $50.00 - then he raised the price up a bit, and now he is back down to $50.00. Still a good deal.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know it's a good deal..... got mine for $50 as well!

But what businessman just "finds" some SIGNED copies while packing orders?
    It was, just me, being a bit sarcastic.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked one up yesterday for $50 when he offered them again. I received an e-mail for some additional prints for $35. I saw in an earlier post someone said that these are the other prints from the portfolio, correct? Are they the same size, 12x18? I know everyone has there own opinion but are they worth the additional $35? Thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't pay $35 for any individual print-other than the one signed by King and Hale. All of the prints are ~12"x18".
    As far as him finding more, hey, if a person gets one for a price they are happy with, I don't think it's much to fret about.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    I know it's a good deal..... got mine for $50 as well!

But what businessman just "finds" some SIGNED copies while packing orders?
    It was, just me, being a bit sarcastic.
    I should have picked up on the sarcasm - it has been a long day opening up Xmas presents and building stuff for the kids. Can't think straight.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't aware of an unsigned version or one in black & white?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-Rai...52905961935001

Learn something new everyday in the collecting world.

Edit: The more I look at this it almost looks like a large copy. JMO

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    It IS a copy...this is what we were talking about in another thread...this is clear-cut copyright infringement...you can't sell copies of these items.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    It IS a copy...this is what we were talking about in another thread...this is clear-cut copyright infringement...you can't sell copies of these items.
    He (I know who he is) crossed the line. I know business is bad for him right now but this makes me very upset. You are correct, a clear-cut copyright infringement.

I see a Bad Moon a Rising

I see trouble on the way

I see earth quakes and lightnin'

I see bad times today

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I didn't even notice it was Bad Moon....hmph...he should know better. Though it isn't selling anyway.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There were ~50 or more unsigned prints done in "gray ink", although I've never seen one to verify how gray shows up on a light paper. I'm sure I missed something. What is the basis for saying this is a copy?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Auction canceled.

I didn't say anything to him. It was there one minute, pulled the next.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

There is an unsigned edition of this print. There is one on sale on ABE for $200. Or at least there was a couple of days ago.

Here is the link:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...6x%3D0%26y%3D0

I'm with RF in asking on what basis is everyone accusing Roy of fraud or copyright infringement?

Well, it was really just me, not "everyone." It looked like a copy when I enlarged it...but if there's an unsigned b/w, it must be that one...no way would Roy sell a copy like that...didn't make sense and looking again, it must be the unsigned version.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it was really just me, not "everyone." It looked like a copy when I enlarged it...but if there's an unsigned b/w, it must be that one...no way would Roy sell a copy like that...didn't make sense and looking again, it must be the unsigned version.
    Well, Rahfa can't take all the blame here. I got caught up in the thought it was a copy as well. I looked at it, snipped it, blew it up, looked at it again, and thought it was a copy of the print.

The bookstore that Bob is talking about is in Richmond. I'll head that way (after our snow storm) and see the print in person.

Again, my fault and will be happy to have the thread removed if needed.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    This might be of some interest to you guys: http://the-crypt.proboards.com/index...lay&thread=444

The guy that I have been using for my binding projects rebound a copy of the Bachman Books into 4 individual hardcovers. They look very nice - and he is thinking of selling them!
    OK..........well.....

I think it's a neat project. However, (please don't come down my drive way throwing things at my house, not unless it's first editions wrapped in Christmas paper) he does have the right to tear up any book he wants, turn them into individual hardcovers, etc. but, just asking the question here, does he have the right to sell them like that? I mean, if it's for his own collection yes, but to sell them like that? Not sure.

Just seeing if others have an opinion here.

I wasn't happy when Flatsigned did the so called limited edition of "Best American Short Stories" either. I don't own one. It turned me off for some reason.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Ralph -

Chris asked for opinions on this on an other forum months ago. My understanding is that as long as the original book is legally obtained, than you can modify and sell that book however you'd like. You obviously couldn't use the text block from one publisher, and stick a new copyright page in for a different publisher. You probably couldn't even stick a limitation page in for a "limited edition" a la the Flatsigned books. But simply modifying a book doesn't violate any copyright laws that I know of.

Any lawyers on the board?
    Not a lawyer, but all those modifications are acceptable.

As long as it's a one-shot deal, it's fine. You could not photocopy the book and rebind it, but as long as you were using your own property, you could re-bind it any way you wanted. And then, yes, you could sell them too....each copy is unique, so it's not like you're stealing the copyright, but simply modifying one existing copy.

That's why Flatsigned's rebound Short Stories book was okay...I'm not sure about a limitation page, though.

Probably if any publisher or author actually wanted to sue, they probably could...but I think as long as each rebinding project is not mass produced or copied, I think you can do what you want with your own property.
    I'm also not a lawyer, but I'm certain you are right about this.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wouldn't pay $35 for any individual print-other than the one signed by King and Hale. All of the prints are ~12"x18".
    As far as him finding more, hey, if a person gets one for a price they are happy with, I don't think it's much to fret about.
    He asked $35 for the whole set of additional, unsigned prints - not $35 per print. Which seems to be a good deal (although I didn't bite).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's reasonable.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever seen a copy of the Lovecraft print that was done by the same people as this Rainy Season print? I remember reading about it, but forget which story it was or who the "publisher" of these is.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still trying to verify who the publisher for the Rainy Season print is.

Country
    Country Flag

http://the-crypt.proboards.com/index...ing&thread=453

Those rebound Bachman Books I was talking about are being auctioned. Details are in the link above.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

http://the-crypt.proboards.com/index...ing&thread=453

Those rebound Bachman Books I was talking about are being auctioned. Details are in the link above.
    He does really nice work and especially the job on those Bachman Books, outstanding!!!! Problem is once they are re-bound don't they become virtually worthless to collectors? I mean its a shame, but by straw poll here no one would buy them on resale.

I did however (Thanks E-Taylor) contact him regarding my old Hardy Boys books. Its a little pricey, but worthwhile considering I'd like to pass them down to my Grandchildren eventually. In that light its definitely worth the investment, I think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He rebound them from a BACHMAN BOOKS trade paperback so I don't think the value has been affected that much. Of course it would be something else if he had rebound some original Bachman paperbacks!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

They look quite cool. Would be a nice addition to the bookshelf, but I don't see them being worth anything for resale.

Lucky for me I don't buy anything to re sell anyway lol

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that they definitely won't appeal to all collectors. But to have nice individual hardcovers of books that never saw print in hardcover, thats got to appeal to some folks!

As for those Hardy Boys books - I'd say it is definitely worth the investment. Book binding in general is pretty pricey, but I've found Chris to do great work for a fraction of the quoted price of others, so I have no problem suggesting him to other collectors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 666 ... LastLast