Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 474 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 374 424 464 472 473 474 475 476 484 524 574 974 ... LastLast
Results 11,826 to 11,850 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The seller got his money. It wasnt a book either.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

You're not wrong....I guess the problem is a civil judgment for a small amount like this (because after all is said and done, in the eyes of the law, it's still just a $15 value), you will spend more money than the book's worth to chase it down.

Plus, an out-of-state defendant doesn't have to respond at all....all that happens is a default judgement is issued, but then you have to collect on it. Which means hiring a sherriff in the person's state to track them down - which I'm not sure they'd do for a $15 book. And the judgment won't be for 'possession' of the book, it will be for money.

It's never worth it - the value of the book ($300) is not worth the time and aggravation a lawsuit would actually require. Like I said, sometimes you can take advantage of a low-ball price, sometimes you can't.

But you are right - it's an option. For spite, if nothing else.
    You are not wrong either. In fact you are correct. The most likely result of such a suit is that the defendant fails to defend the suit and a default judgment is entered. In this case a judgment for $300 or so and attorney's fees it any. It hardly seems worth the aggravation, especially considering the fact that you would still have to collect it. That is why I didn't advocate actually suing. (The larger the amount the more sense a suit makes.) However making the seller aware of the possibility while sweetening the deal seems like a valid strategy.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

You're not wrong....I guess the problem is a civil judgment for a small amount like this (because after all is said and done, in the eyes of the law, it's still just a $15 value), you will spend more money than the book's worth to chase it down.

Plus, an out-of-state defendant doesn't have to respond at all....all that happens is a default judgement is issued, but then you have to collect on it. Which means hiring a sherriff in the person's state to track them down - which I'm not sure they'd do for a $15 book. And the judgment won't be for 'possession' of the book, it will be for money.

It's never worth it - the value of the book ($300) is not worth the time and aggravation a lawsuit would actually require. Like I said, sometimes you can take advantage of a low-ball price, sometimes you can't.

You are not wrong either. In fact you are correct. The most likely result of such a suit is that the defendant fails to defend the suit and a default judgment is entered. In this case a judgment for $300 or so and attorney's fees it any. It hardly seems worth the aggravation, especially considering the fact that you would still have to collect it. That is why I didn't advocate actually suing. (The larger the amount the more sense a suit makes.) However making the seller aware of the possibility while sweetening the deal seems like a valid strategy.
    In your mind it may be a valid strategy. To me , its a chicken shit bully strategy.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post

In your mind it may be a valid strategy. To me , its a chicken shit bully strategy.
    It would be an overreaction - but I can see where the seller deserves to be threatened, a little. Hey, if you don't want to sell something for a lowball price, do your research and figure out what it's worth.

However, as I've said, if it were me I'd just laugh it off.

The problem I have, like most of us here, is the busybody who stuck his fat nosy beak into somebody else's business.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

It would be an overreaction - but I can see where the seller deserves to be threatened, a little. Hey, if you don't want to sell something for a lowball price, do your research and figure out what it's worth.

The problem I have, like most of us here, is the busybody who stuck his fat nosy beak into somebody else's business.
    The person(s) who informed the seller probably thought they were just doing an honest favor or something. To me it really stinks that it happened, but maybe if we had a few more kind-hearted people that did this kind of stuff we wouldn't have greed running rampant and would avoid things like Bernie Madoff who ripped of thousands of people who trusted him.

Thats like Bernie saying "Hey don't know how a ponzi scheme works? do your homework and maybe I won't rip you off next time."

Country
    Country Flag

The seller doesnt deserve to be bullied because he was informed. Also, if you think that someone here should mind their own business...then maybe we should stop informing ebay or other buyers about fake autographs..because maybe its their fault that they are not informed about kings signature. Also, maybe we should stop posting about potential items on ebay, because really, thats just informing other collectors about the a potential item that someone could have gotten for alot cheaper if someone else's fat nosy beak didnt post it for everyone else to see.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting an opinion on a discussion board is one thing.

Contacting the person directly is another.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The seller doesnt deserve to be bullied because he was informed. Also, if you think that someone here should mind their own business...then maybe we should stop informing ebay or other buyers about fake autographs..because maybe its their fault that they are not informed about kings signature. Also, maybe we should stop posting about potential items on ebay, because really, thats just informing other collectors about the a potential item that someone could have gotten for alot cheaper if someone else's fat nosy beak didnt post it for everyone else to see.
    Really? That's your analogy?
    I can see your different point of view on the topic, but you seem to making some far reaching similarities to make that point.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

The anti-buy-to-make-a-profit guy in me hates this; they were $99 two weeks ago from CD, and OC bought 35 (nearly 50% of the total number of illustrations in the book) of them up front with the sole intent of reselling for $175. I'm just curious how many collectors out there didn't get a chance to buy one because OC snapped up so many; also kinda wonder why CD wouldn't put a purchase limit on them to prevent exactly this kind of thing.

Unless they did, didn't get enough interested buyers at first, and then sold the remainder to OC later ... that I could understand.

Sorry, I'm just really anti-buy-to-make-a-profit ... that's why I'm a collector and not a dealer/seller. I got my one original at $99, am very happy with it, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon!
    I didn't know the original price when I posted. It looked reasonable to me. I was just trying to be helpful. I'm glad it turns out it was.

... and to round it out, a really nice looking UK Roadwork at $20 with 3 days to go ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an
    Hopefully $20 is what it will sell for.
    Sorry if I screwed it up for you Br!an ... you never know who you're going to help or piss off by bringing attention to an auction.
    It's alright. It's not like it was secret.

Country
    Country Flag

That is fucked up, filling a civil lawsuit over a fucking book..what a pussy move that would be.
    Enforcing a contract is a pussy move in your mind? Do you operate outside the law? If you don't plan on living up to your side of a deal, like a man, perhaps you should refrain from entering the contract in the first place. In fact, entering into a contract with your attitude could actually constitute a fraud.

Advising a buyer that he probably got scammed because he bought a fake signed book is one thing. To contact a buyer and advise them to threaten a civil lawsuit against a seller because he or she found out that they are selling a book way tooo fucking low, and backed out.....is going to far. Where do you draw the line.
    Who did that? I messaged the buyer simply asking about the deal. I didn't offer any advice or opinion. I draw the line at ethics, honesty and integrity. You don't seem to realize that such lines exist.

Exactly. I think it sucks when Im bidding on a book and the buyer stops the auction because someone gave him an offer that will be conducted outside of ebay, but I suck it up and march on. What you don't do is fuck with someone(not to mention his or her family will be fucked with as well) and threaten a lawsuit. Goofy, very!
    Asking someone to honor a contract is the way the system works. Implying legal action if a reasonable accommodation can't be reached is the way the system works. Even actually filing a lawsuit if necessary is the way the system works. You act like a petulant child who doesn't want to play by the rules or thinks they don't apply to him.

As far as contracts go with ebay, I had a situation where the seller advertised using USPS, and used Fedex, and didnt notify me at all. The item was lost. I opened a case. Ebay ruled in his favor and told me that the seller provided proof that he sent it to my address. A day later, someone gave me my stuff...it had my last name mispelled and going to the wrong building and apt #. So, now tell me how serious a contract is in regards to ebay. Note: ebay did refund my money(because I appealed it..which has happened twice in 8 years), as a courtesy, not because I won the dispute.
    So your neighbor gave you your "stuff" and yet you still appealed the case? Then eBay returned your money so you ended up with the money and the "stuff"?

So you DID get the book? Did you end up paying the seller?
    Bazinga!

How so?

Knowing that my mind and your's are dissimilar is vastly comforting to me.

That was a fallacious attempt at logic.

BTW, ad hominem attacks are puerile.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

$201.50 on 6 bids - #3 of 33 traycased limited edition

STEPHEN-KING-THE-COLORADO-KID-SIGNED-AND-NUMBERED-LEATHER-IN-CASE-BOOK

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

SOD V2 w REMARQUE

Offered by a member here.......
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So you DID get the book? Did you end up paying the seller?

How so?
    Because EBAY/PAYPAL took the loss (I assume).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

WELL WELL WELL.....look what the cat dragged in........
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    WELL WELL WELL.....look what the cat dragged in........
    Yes, I have returned to the real world. No more beaches, babes and beers. Just beers.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If I were really interested in an item, and knew the price was a great deal and maybe a screwed-up keyword was causing people to miss the auction, I would obviously be annoyed if somebody posted about the auction here and drove the price up. I wouldn't hold a grudge, but I'd be like "damn, I coulda, shoulda, woulda gotta betta deal." You'll never see me post about an item I have an interest in.

But that's what happens in a society and a forum like this - people talk about things, and share information. It's a free country.

And - it's also a free country to stick your nose in the middle of somebody else's private deal after the fact. It's not illegal, it's not even 'wrong,' in any official way...but you're minding somebody else's business, and I think it's nosy antics. I agree the person probably thought he was doing the right thing - in a way they were, but I look at it from the buyer's point of view. And a deal IS a deal.

In the case of posting about an on-going auction, or a fake signature, that's talking about public information and offering a public opinion available to everyone.

Anyway - I thought you agreed? Are you saying the busybody did the right thing?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Rather uncommon to see the Insomnia Portfolio:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item4614ba6278
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If I were really interested in an item, and knew the price was a great deal and maybe a screwed-up keyword was causing people to miss the auction, I would obviously be annoyed if somebody posted about the auction here and drove the price up. I wouldn't hold a grudge, but I'd be like "damn, I coulda, shoulda, woulda gotta betta deal." You'll never see me post about an item I have an interest in.

But that's what happens in a society and a forum like this - people talk about things, and share information. It's a free country.

And - it's also a free country to stick your nose in the middle of somebody else's private deal after the fact. It's not illegal, it's not even 'wrong,' in any official way...but you're minding somebody else's business, and I think it's nosy antics. I agree the person probably thought he was doing the right thing - in a way they were, but I look at it from the buyer's point of view. And a deal IS a deal.

In the case of posting about an on-going auction, or a fake signature, that's talking about public information and offering a public opinion available to everyone.

Anyway - I thought you agreed? Are you saying the busybody did the right thing?

Well, this thread certainly got waaaayyyy more interesting while, Jerome was romping on the beach!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's two I've never heard of:

Book and Magazine Collector #83 UK 2/91: STEPHEN KING,Classic Illustrated Comics

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-and-Mag...item233121fcf2

1996 PULP FICTIONS Trade PB Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Mickey Spillane

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-PULP-FI...item43c0faad51

And I'm sure somebody here is looking for this, $75 BIN or Make Offer:

UNIVERSITY OF MAINE YEARBOOK: 1970 Prism STEPHEN KING Graduate
    (not signed)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSITY-O...item2a3291a19f
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 474 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 374 424 464 472 473 474 475 476 484 524 574 974 ... LastLast