Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 748 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Yeah i initially thought all the UK editions came with one but i'm a newbie at this and when i did alittle more research found out otherwise. I know its one of the least impressive S/L editions but i needed to start somewhere and wanted to kind of ease myself into it with something that wouldn't automatically drain my bank account. I'm looking at getting the Artists editions of Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, Dark Tower (volume 7) and Little Sisters of Eluria. Do you think they are worth the investment? The most expensive of them is only $100.00. Should i go for it or maybe wait and try and find them a bit cheaper? I'm realizing that with King though, his books tend to go up in value where as most authors in the small press (where i started collecting) tend to go down.
    Trust me, once you buy one S/L edition, you'll get hooked on them and want to buy more. The bank account won't matter

The Artists Editions are nice books, but I think others will agree that there are few books out there that should be considered "investments." Buy the books because you enjoy collecting them.

And the deal from Grant for the Black House/Talisman and the AE of DT7 can be found here - https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-7.html

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

MisterCrowley wrote: "Thanks a lot folks. I've been registered for less than an hour and I already love it here. Now a quick question...what's the value of a signed deluxe edition of The Little Sisters of Eluria? I really really really really want a signed Wind Thrpugh The Keyhole but looks like the only way to do that is to get Little Sisters in numbers 1 thru 800. "

Hey Mister Crowley - great to see you here. This is one of my favorite forums... I really need to post here more often! Welcome
    Last edited by Justin Case; 12-01-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote.. ugg
    Phil

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

The Artists editions i was thinking about getting weren't from Camelot. There is another seller who has Wolves and Susannah for $100.00 still in the shrink wrap. DT Volume Seven I was thinking about getting through the Grant website but I hesitate to order it with The Talisman gift set because Ive actually found that for under $75.00 elsewhere. As forthem being investments...well I want something to hold it's value should I ever fall on hard times and need some cash, that's what I mean by that. In reality I'd like to pass them down to my son or daughter should a woman be unfortunate enough to marry me and have my children :-)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Be very careful with shrinkwrapped books... the new DT ones should be fine, as long as you get that wrap off there soonish, anything older can be an issue in shrinkwrap, unless of course you never plan on taking it off, of course eventually (like 50 years later, unless you keep them in a climate controlled room forever) the shrinkwrap will mess up the book, it's not made for long term storage, why anyone ever thought it was I have no idea. Sorry this is a lately discussion we have been going through here.

I love my Artist Editions of Talisman/black house, they are very pretty.

As far as long term value, I really don't see anything but the really popular of his books holding any kind of value after he is gone (heaven forbid *makes the sign of the evil eye and throws salt over her shoulder*), things like The Stand, Carrie, The Shining etc. but I guess some one will see what happens, if he ever does go. I personally choose to believe he is going to live long after I am gone and keep writing that entire time.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Oh no worries about that. I plan on taking the shrinkwrap off ASAP. I would never leave a book in that stuff. I think his work will hold it's value strictly based on how great of a writer he is. Now i'm not looking to make a buck off of his work but it is nice to know i could throw something up on Ebay should i ever run into money issues that's all. I used to mainly focus on collecting the small press books and grew frustrated that the same books i paid 50 to a 100 dollars a pop for were selling for pennies on the dollar. As a collector that is disheartening. If i buy a collectible edition of a book, i would like to at least be able to sell it or trade it for what paid and not pennies on the dollar, you know what i mean?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried to buy that UK BoB S/L in an aftermarket sllpcase from Camelot earlier this week, but someone else had already snagged it. Now I see it was mistercrowley!

Welcome, sir! Make yourself at home.

My Mood
    Devilish

Sorry about that Patrick but on the plus side it popped my S/L King cherry. Im also getting From A Buick 8 from Camelot that they had on they're 12 days of Christmas sale. I think I may be hooked.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello mistercrowley.

Goodbye mistercrowley's hard earned money.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Up to 12.1 K now, you out of this one AKC?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140652812727...84.m1423.l2649
    Christine

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Up to 12.1 K now, you out of this one AKC?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140652812727...84.m1423.l2649
    $12,100......AWESOME.

I am currently out of this one. But, anything can happen in the last few minutes of the auction....

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Hello mistercrowley.

You have no idea how accurate that statement is. Insomnia GE, Desperation GE, Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 GE, and Little Sisters GE are now mine to go along with 3 other books on layaway at Camelot. This is highly addictive.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello mistercrowley.

You have no idea how accurate that statement is. Insomnia GE, Desperation GE, Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 GE, and Little Sisters GE are now mine to go along with 3 other books on layaway at Camelot. This is highly addictive.
    I have several extra Dark Tower Gift editions. PM me with a wish list.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello mistercrowley.

You have no idea how accurate that statement is. .... This is highly addictive.
    Oh, believe me, we all know just how accurate it is! Welcome to the club.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hello mistercrowley.

You have no idea how accurate that statement is. .... This is highly addictive.
    Oh, believe me, we all know just how accurate it is! Welcome to the club.
    Say Amen, Patrick!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Camelot

Tony and Kim (Camelot) are great people and have alot of fine merchandise. I have dealt with them for years. Love dropping in on them when I pass through that area and sometimes just take a drive there to visit and see thier wonderful collection.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree Explorer. Camelot Books is a pleaure to work with. I always seem to have something on order from them. In fact, I have a great King limited coming soon! They also describe their books extremely accurately and package them very securely.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I agree Explorer. Camelot Books is a pleaure to work with. ...They also describe their books extremely accurately and package them very securely.
    And Miss Kim always gift wraps them!!

Karl

My Mood
    Devilish

I agree Explorer. Camelot Books is a pleaure to work with. I always seem to have something on order from them. In fact, I have a great King limited coming soon! They also describe their books extremely accurately and package them very securely.
    What did you get? I like to live vicariously through others

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Victor Crowley ... (Get it ... from ... Hatchet? Anyone? No? Damn. Moving On ...), have fun but try to think long term instead of short term. Buying everything you want as soon as you see it is fun ... for a while ... but then reality sets in and you find yourself having to sell those books to other people to even pay bills. Be smart about collecting. I'm getting a little better, but I still impulse buy like a mofo. It was just three or four months ago when I was spending MORE THAN I WAS MAKING on Stephen King items. I don't even know how I DID that, lol. But it was a wake-up call, and I've been slightly better ever since.

Think long term.

My Mood
    Devilish

Oh I know what you mean. The money Im spending now is from books Ive sold off. My book collecting fund so to speak. I won't dig into my actual bank account

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree Explorer. Camelot Books is a pleaure to work with. I always seem to have something on order from them. .
    +1

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I agree Explorer. Camelot Books is a pleaure to work with. I always seem to have something on order from them. .
    +1
    I didn't even know they were just down the road from me until today! What a shock to find out I could have been checking out their store in person...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Victor Crowley ... (Get it ... from ... Hatchet? Anyone? No? Damn. Moving On ...), have fun but try to think long term instead of short term. Buying everything you want as soon as you see it is fun ... for a while ... but then reality sets in and you find yourself having to sell those books to other people to even pay bills. Be smart about collecting. I'm getting a little better, but I still impulse buy like a mofo. It was just three or four months ago when I was spending MORE THAN I WAS MAKING on Stephen King items. I don't even know how I DID that, lol. But it was a wake-up call, and I've been slightly better ever since.

Think long term.
    Wisdom from the wise......

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if I ever got the urge to collect King lettered editions I'd have to kill myself. Just to save my wife the job.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Finally, a Lettered Firestarter for sale on ebay.

Now we will see the true value of this book at this time.

(I think this was the one originally for sale on ABE with the Farenheight 451 asbestos)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140652812727

Alright, which one of you sniped it in the last 10 seconds? It was fun to watch =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 748 ... LastLast