Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 611 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 111 511 561 601 609 610 611 612 613 621 661 711 ... LastLast
Results 15,251 to 15,275 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

5 hours left, zero bids. Could be snagged for $125:
    Under the Dome by Stephen King (2009, Hardcover) Autographed

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is the signature good?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say it's probably okay.

John

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Is the signature good?
    yep

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get at least 2 opinions on sig before considering:
    $30-$125 BIN:
    Stephen King- The Stand 2001 Signed Gramercy Hardcover w/DJ Illustrated
    I *think* it looks good? Borderline for me (but I'm no expert). If it's legit it's a steal.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure it's a legit signature.

sk

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post

Get at least 2 opinions on sig before considering:
    $30-$125 BIN:
    Stephen King- The Stand 2001 Signed Gramercy Hardcover w/DJ Illustrated
    I *think* it looks good? Borderline for me (but I'm no expert). If it's legit it's a steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Pretty sure it's a legit signature.

sk
    Yeah, I bit the bullet on the signed copy of The Stand. I compared it to some other of his recent sigs and it looks "good" (well, as far as his recent styles, anyway!).
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did someone here win this?

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, looks like no one bought it. The message at the top says "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Hmm, looks like no one bought it. The message at the top says "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
    Auction pulled. Off ebay sale.
    I still wonder if a member here "won" these.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

looks like they are under a new listing

Stephen King 30th Anniversary CHRISTINE and PET SEMATARY Limited Editions
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

I had to pull the original listing because of an error in the postage costs calculated by ebay themselves. I initially tried listing the books directly onto ebay.com but found that a buyer living in the US would only be charged $6 USD for international shipping from the UK, whereas if someone had purchased the book only 2 miles down the road from me, they were going to be charged $65 USD postage.

I relisted the book on ebay.co.uk to correct this problem and purchased the visibility upgrade, so that the listing can be seen by people living in the US and Canada.

Someone out there has my # 1 copy of Carrie, so if that person now wants a complete matching set of the PS Anniversary Editions, this is their opportunity to do so....

EXTREMELY RARE ******* NUMBER # 1 COPIES *******

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

I had to pull the original listing because of an error in the postage costs calculated by ebay themselves. I initially tried listing the books directly onto ebay.com but found that a buyer living in the US would only be charged $6 USD for international shipping from the UK, whereas if someone had purchased the book only 2 miles down the road from me, they were going to be charged $65 USD postage.

I relisted the book on ebay.co.uk to correct this problem and purchased the visibility upgrade, so that the listing can be seen by people living in the US and Canada.

Someone out there has my # 1 copy of Carrie, so if that person now wants a complete matching set of the PS Anniversary Editions, this is their opportunity to do so....

EXTREMELY RARE ******* NUMBER # 1 COPIES *******
    Great idea man! I sure hope they see your listing brother my fingers are crossed
    For ya
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess this sale will answer the question on whether having #1 adds value...

Tim, if the owner of #1 Carrie contacted you and offered it for $400 would you buy it?

(TBC - i DONT have it! - I'm just interested to know what it's worth to you)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Tim, if the owner of #1 Carrie contacted you and offered it for $400 would you buy it?

I would never allow someone to hold me to ransom like that.

PS Publishing messed up my matching set of books, so I see at as their responsibility to put things right. If someone came forward and offered me copy #1 of Carrie at any price, I would publically direct them to PS Publishing with their offer to see how prepared they are to rectify things.

To be clear, I have already paid PS Publishing for my #1 Carrie. I am not prepared to pay out again in order to obtain a copy of the book that is rightfully mine.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing messed up my matching set of books, so I see at as their responsibility to put things right. If someone came forward and offered me copy #1 of Carrie at any price, I would publically direct them to PS Publishing with their offer to see how prepared they are to rectify things.

To be clear, I have already paid PS Publishing for my #1 Carrie. I am not prepared to pay out again in order to obtain a copy of the book that is rightfully mine.
    Here, here!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I understand your sentiments, but that wasn't what I was alluding to. You have set the price of your 2 #1's at a point considerably higher than other copies that are for sale. As the only difference is that yours are #1 then this is what you feel warrants the price. It's interesting that you used the term "held for ransom" when the book would be offered at the same price you are asking for yours.

I'm not judging, just looking for discussion around a subject that has been left unanswered before - "what if any is the value of a number #1 book?"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I would suppose that copies #1 and #19 would be of slightly more interest than any random number, unless the random number held personal significance. For example, 36 is my number. I normally don't buy numbered editions, but I'd be tempted for a #36... and I would actually love to add Insomnia #36 to my collection, as it's my favorite King book with my favorite number. If I HAD to buy a numbered book other than #36, I would think #1 or #19 would be "cooler" to have than, say, #24 or #11. Not that the book has more intrinsic value with that number, but that it may be more desirable by others and therefore more costly to obtain.

The same could be said if two people on this forum had the same number. If you were also a #36 fan and someone offered up Insomnia #36 at auction, we might bid each other up even though that book is no more valuable than any other number to any other collector.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I would suppose that copies #1 and #19 would be of slightly more interest than any random number, unless the random number held personal significance. For example, 36 is my number. I normally don't buy numbered editions, but I'd be tempted for a #36... and I would actually love to add Insomnia #36 to my collection, as it's my favorite King book with my favorite number. If I HAD to buy a numbered book other than #36, I would think #1 or #19 would be "cooler" to have than, say, #24 or #11. Not that the book has more intrinsic value with that number, but that it may be more desirable by others and therefore more costly to obtain.

The same could be said if two people on this forum had the same number. If you were also a #36 fan and someone offered up Insomnia #36 at auction, we might bid each other up even though that book is no more valuable than any other number to any other collector.
    Agreed, but I feel this is slightly different. your scenario is around how much extra you would pay in order to secure a specific number that matches your collection - which is understandable and is entirely down to you, your personal finances or other personal factors in deciding just how much extra that is. This auction has a set price and a specific value added because it's number 1.

I wish Tim every success in his sale, but what I wonder is; does number #1 add that much value? I suppose only time will tell.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not think they will sell at that price...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

My scenario still stands in that the seller is one of the collectors adding personal value to the item. If I had copy #36 of Insomnia but decided to sell it, I would list it at the price it would be worth to me. If you were that other #36 collector, you might have no qualms agreeing that my value is the same as your value. A #11 collector would not find it worth that amount. But I don't care if a #11 collector buys it. I want to sell it at the value I feel it is worth and hope that other #36 collectors will feel it is worth. I don't care if it sits there for months unsold, I don't need the money and I would rather keep it on my shelf than let it go for less than it is worth to me. (The same can be said of just about any item listed above or below the average price - it's all about what the seller feels it is worth to them.)

Now, if I needed to sell it I would have to list it at a price that even #11 collectors would find reasonable. I think what Tim is doing is just fine. He values #1 at this amount and believes that some other #1 collector may feel the same. (I tend to agree with him, because there is that small added bonus of being able to say, "I'm Number One!") Is it fair to collectors who don't care about which number they receive? Well... I don't care if a book is signed or not. But signed editions aren't listed at higher rates for the people who do care. I think most remarques decrease the value of the book, but there are sellers who disagree. I think this falls into that category.

Your question is, should #1 be more valuable simply because it is #1... and, like any item, I think that is up to the seller and the buyer to decide.

Now, if it were me... I'd be doing the same. Because I really DO want to keep my items, but am selling because of a mix-up. And my items might just work as bait for whoever ended up with my other #1... and I might just be able to negotiate something to keep my #1s and get what is rightfully mine. Mwa hahaha! But. That's just me.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats a well argued point (although I would maintain that the number of people that will value it the same way is pretty damn small) and you are quite right about value being both seller and buyer driven - at the end of the day both parties should be happy with the transaction for it to be a good sale.

Without wanting to go more off topic, who thinks this will pull the Carrie #1 owner from their hiding place? Could you resist completing the matching #1's ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 611 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 111 511 561 601 609 610 611 612 613 621 661 711 ... LastLast