Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 812 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone interested...The #19 UK Limited DTIV is for sell on eBay... Pretty pricely..
    I'm not seeing it there; got a link?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    If anyone interested...The #19 UK Limited DTIV is for sell on eBay... Pretty pricely..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290751332541...84.m1423.l2649

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That link is for the UK s/l Rose Madder, #19.

John

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Yeah, what John said! False advertising I tell ya!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

John
    Yeah, what John said! False advertising I tell ya!
    Yeah.. I should have looked at it closer.. the description reads inportant number in DT series.. Glad i didn't bid..

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Wizard and Glass, Grant 1st trade edition on e-bay went from $109 to $263 in last 3 seconds. Book was signed by artist. Do you think the wrong number button was hit in the bidding? It seems like alot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221078768266...84.m1426.l2648

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

In the description of the book, he says that the book is also signed by the author in addition to McKean's signature. I don't know if that was a misstatement or not, but it would explain the price. There was no picture of King's signature, either. My gut feel is that the buyer, if that was what he/she was relying on, is in for a disappointment.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

His wording is deceiving, but I didnt get the impression that it was signed by the author. Maybe others did, or they see something I dont.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    His wording is deceiving, but I didnt get the impression that it was signed by the author. Maybe others did, or they see something I dont.
    I think it was clear. " FINDING A COPY OF THIS BOOK IN THIS CONDITION IS VERY RARE, MUCH LESS FINDING ON THAT HAS BEEN SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR.".

I understood the book for sale was only signed by the artist.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Has someone contacted the seller? Perhaps it was just a quick typing error? Or perhaps he is a jerk trying to scam people and slipped that in there intentionally.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based on the title and photo and full description there was no doubt in my mind that the book was only signed by McKean. It seemed to me that the reference to "author" was just a brain fart made in haste. Someone tried to snipe at the last second, but that person had not been involved in the bidding up until then. The winner had made several bids over the course of the auction and obviously had put in a pretty high max bid in order to ward off snipers. It worked and he got the book. If someone is looking to complete a collection of artist-signed editions I don't think the price was completely out of line.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    In the description of the book, he says that the book is also signed by the author in addition to McKean's signature. I don't know if that was a misstatement or not, but it would explain the price. There was no picture of King's signature, either. My gut feel is that the buyer, if that was what he/she was relying on, is in for a disappointment.

John
    No offense but I would have never gotten the idea that it was signed by King.

To me it's 100% clear that it was signed by McKean and only McKean. The wording is not deceptive at all, imo.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

", MUCH LESS FINDING ONE THAT HAS BEEN SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR."

This bit does imply whether intentionally or not that it is signed by the author.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But only if you take that sentence by itself and don't bother to read any of the rest of the auction.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

But why put that there at all?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It was an exercise to see if anyone was paying attention.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It strikes me as willfully deceptive. True, there's nothing else there to indicate King signed it, but having that part at all is misleading.

If you rescue me

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It strikes me as willfully deceptive. True, there's nothing else there to indicate King signed it, but having that part at all is misleading.
    +1

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do we all feel as if the signature is legit?

Ive got two signed copies and they look a little different...

FWIW....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    I was keeping an eye on this one myself.

I missed the auction, but set a max at $200..so it does not matter that I missed it.

It was an error in wording...books are generally signed by their authors....an understandable mistake.

The price it hit was realistic.....how many DM copies of this DT book (which is considered to be a favorite among readers) have YOU seen?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I missed the auction, but set a max at $200..so it does not matter that I missed it.

It was an error in wording...books are generally signed by their authors....an understandable mistake.

The price it hit was realistic.....how many DM copies of this DT book (which is considered to be a favorite among readers) have YOU seen?

Very good point.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Yeah, the wording was a bit odd but I thought maybe he or she was trying to say that McKean signed copies are rarer than King signed copies, which is probably true.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just listed a S/L "Dark Dreamers on ebay. Starting price $99. BIN $399.
    If a member here wants it, PM me and we can work out a better BIN price.
    This is one of the finest book productions I have seen.
    Auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200801837541

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that is a beautiful book to have. Anyone remember the story behind the signature snafu on this edition?

I know Copies #1-#297 were signed by Clive Barker, Gary Brandner, Ramsey Campbell, Les Daniels, Dennis Etchison, John Farris, Charles L. Grant, James Herbert, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, Joe R. Lansdale, Richard Laymon, Graham Masterson, Richard Matheson, Robert R. McCammon, David Morrell, Philip Nutman, John Saul, John Skipp, Craig Spector, Peter Straub, Whitley Streiber, Stanley Wiater, Chet Williamson, J.N. Williamson, and Grahan Wilson.
    Copies #298-#350 has signatures missing or something like that.

Anyone remember?

Edit: Never mind, found it in our wonderful collections thread.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's in the Catalog:
    Page #208 states:
    A special edition of 405 copies of DARK DREAMERS, signed by the authors, was completed in May, 1990. Due to accidental destruction of some signature sheets, three states of this limited edition were published:
    Copies #1-#297 were signed by Clive Barker, Gary Brandner, Ramsey Campbell, Les Daniels, Dennis Etchison, John Farris, Charles L. Grant, James Herbert, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, Joe R. Lansdale, Richard Laymon, Graham Masterson, Richard Matheson, Robert R. McCammon, David Morrell, Philip Nutman, John Saul, John Skipp, Craig Spector, Peter Straub, Whitley Streiber, Stanley Wiater, Chet Williamson, J.N. Williamson, and Grahan Wilson, These copies contain two pages of signatures.
    Copies #298-#350 were signed by Richard Matheson, Dennis Etchison, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, David Morrell, John Saul, John Farris, Gary Brandner, Richard Laymon and Stanley Wiater. These copies contain one page of signatures.
    55 Copies stamped “Publisher’s Copy #__” were numbered 1-55 and were otherwise identical to copies #298-#350. These copies contain one page of signatures.

Some effort was made to collect the missing signatures as the second state has seven signatures on the title page (example below).

The copy I listed is the second state, but has ~17 signatures. More than the official 2nd state number of 10, but less than the 1st state number of 26.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 812 ... LastLast