Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 656 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great deal???

I guess you're joking, right?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What do you think?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Homer Simpson lapsus
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

$599 for a book not yet signed and being offered by "Avid Stephen King Collectors" - they should have said Greedy Stephen King Resellers! I can't imagine an avid collector setting up a pre-sale on the signed book they are about to obtain! They are in this for one thing and one thing only - a bit fat profit!

The
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If someone is willing to pay the price and is happy, great. The market will determine if that price is acceptable. Yes it's a money grab.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    btw, I lost out a couple of times and got into flaming wars with a few people way back in the day when I got ticked off at snipers. I would email them calling them a-holes and say they suck. lol. After a couple of years on eBay I got over it.

ha ha ha... so you were the one sending dirty emails to me....

ok, here's my view why it is illogical to get upset by snipers like me.

the auction goes from the time it is posted until the very last second.
    any bid put in that period of time is a legit bid.... and it is the bidder's choice of when he wishes to bid.... and how many times they want to bid.

I choose to bid once on each auction, with my max bid, at the last second. why do i or anyone else have to conform to what all other bidders think is kosher (some bidders may think last second bids are mean/unfair, some last minute, some last hour, some last day).
    basically for the snipe complainers, it comes down to they just have their panties in a wad because they lost to someone who had a higher bid and a better thought-out strategy than they did.

Just because joe-blow can't make up his mind on what the max he is really willing to pay and wants to play a bidding war game over several days with everyone else, doesn't mean I have to play the same game.... I don't waste my time. one bid, 1 second before the auction ends is just as valid a bid as 20 bids over a week's time....and a much smarter way to bid on items- not giving the nieve people who play bidding games the opportunity to artificially inflate the price with their excitement and indecision in their max $ limit.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    btw, I lost out a couple of times and got into flaming wars with a few people way back in the day when I got ticked off at snipers. I would email them calling them a-holes and say they suck. lol. After a couple of years on eBay I got over it.

ha ha ha... so you were the one sending dirty emails to me....

ok, here's my view why it is illogical to get upset by snipers like me.

the auction goes from the time it is posted until the very last second.
    any bid put in that period of time is a legit bid.... and it is the bidder's choice of when he wishes to bid.... and how many times they want to bid.

I choose to bid once on each auction, with my max bid, at the last second. why do i or anyone else have to conform to what all other bidders think is kosher (some bidders may think last second bids are mean/unfair, some last minute, some last hour, some last day).
    basically for the snipe complainers, it comes down to they just have their panties in a wad because they lost to someone who had a higher bid and a better thought-out strategy than they did.

Just because joe-blow can't make up his mind on what the max he is really willing to pay and wants to play a bidding war game over several days with everyone else, doesn't mean I have to play the same game.... I don't waste my time. one bid, 1 second before the auction ends is just as valid a bid as 20 bids over a week's time....and a much smarter way to bid on items- not giving the nieve people who play bidding games the opportunity to artificially inflate the price with their excitement and indecision in their max $ limit.
    Once again, I am not passing judgment, the issue is. what it is and I understand, but the sniper is not even present. Plus you should factor in that if a person is willing to spend say $500 for an item they would probably spend up to $505. It is a sort of unfair advantage, but it is tolerated by ebay and therefore "law" so to speak.

Nevertheless, there is no need to be condescending about it. We're all people here despite our personal choices and opinions.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Once again, I am not passing judgment, the issue is. what it is and I understand, but the sniper is not even present. Plus you should factor in that if a person is willing to spend say $500 for an item they would probably spend up to $505. It is a sort of unfair advantage, but it is tolerated by ebay and therefore "law" so to speak.

Nevertheless, there is no need to be condescending about it. We're all people here despite our personal choices and opinions.
    didn't think I was being condescending (which to be.. I'd think I'd have to be addressing someone in particular, when in fact I was just speaking my point of view to the general public here).... sorry if you took it personal, but I didn't even have you in mind when I made the comment.

never used a sniper bid program, so I'm always present when my bid is placed... but I'd think using one would be no different than having a friend bid for you if you weren't going to be around.

exactly, if a person is willing to bid 505.00 rather than bid 500.00, then they should bid 505.00 and try to win it, why bid 500.00 and then complain about when someone who knows what their max. bid is, bids it, and wins the auction?

usually, if there is an auction and someone bids 500.00 and I win it by a bid of 505.00 ... I've actually put in a last second bid of much more than 505.00 - so I'd most likely win the auction anyways... but it keeps the people who really can't decide what their top bid is from nickel and diming the bid up on me....
    they still don't win the auction, but instead just cause me to pay more than I would have if I had given them a dozen chances to up the final amount I have to pay.
    Bidding early only benefits the seller, never any buyer (sorry you sellers out there).
    how can it be an unfair advantage if everyone using ebay has the same opportunity to do it?
    it may be a common sense advantage, but unfair?

Is getting a college degree an unfair advantage to getting a job.... or just an advantage one creates for one's self?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<--------------------------Calls for a timeout.
    Both of you have valid points, and I (personally) don't perceive Sir Boomme's comments as directed at anyone in particular.
    Two things (thoughts) can on occasion be equally correct.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I sometimes like bidding a few times during the course of action to get some action going...plus, then the snipers don't bother with it because it's unpredicatble and not worth the effort...of course, I'll snipe too, if I really want it.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's another thought folks. Though they are called auctions, what eBay does isn't an auction in the traditional sense. Bidders aren't in a room, face to face, able to get a read on other bidders, and able to make a decision on the spot (without a time limit) to go that extra 5, 10 or 100 dollars. What eBay does is more of a silent auction or mail-bid auction where you're supposed to place a single max bid and then hope for the best; the difference of course being that with eBay everyone can see all the bids (so not really silent) and adjust accordingly.

EBay is what it is, just another business offering you a means of buying something you like. Personally I never place a bid before the last minute unless I'm not going to be around to place that bid, then I'll do it ahead of time. I "snipe" because, as many others have said, bidding early always seems to make non-serious bidders just drive up the price for no reason. And sorry Rahfa, but I disagree completely with "bidding a few times just to get some action going" ... that makes no sense, unless it's a shill bid by a seller ... why on earth would you want action on something you don't want anyone else to win?

Since it's not a live face-to-face auction, I can't see the next guy, and there is a time limit ... seems to me that last-minute bidding is the common sense thing to do (I personally don't like to pay more for an item than I have to).

And, of course, if I really really really want it bad enough ... my last minute bid will be so high that I will not lose.

George

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also only put one bid in, I'm not wasting my time farting about over days putting in multiple bids.

I used to always wait until the end of the auction to bid but I found I forgot about the auction sometimes which really annoyed me, now I don't have that issue so much as I've set the ipad to send me an alert when an auction is finishing.

As for sniping I don't really buy enough from ebay to consider using such a program, really I just wish ebay auctions operated the same way Yahoo auctions ran, in that if anyone bids in the last minute (or it might have been 5 minutes I forget) then the auction automatically gets extended for a further ten minutes to give all bidders chance to re-think if they want to go higher. It would sure wipe the smug grin off the faces of the snipers and stop the losing bidders from whinging about snipers winning 'their' auction.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I bid at traditional auctions, but I'm never there. The auctioneer does it for me.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I also only put one bid in, I'm not wasting my time farting about over days putting in multiple bids.

I used to always wait until the end of the auction to bid but I found I forgot about the auction sometimes which really annoyed me, now I don't have that issue so much as I've set the ipad to send me an alert when an auction is finishing.

As for sniping I don't really buy enough from ebay to consider using such a program, really I just wish ebay auctions operated the same way Yahoo auctions ran, in that if anyone bids in the last minute (or it might have been 5 minutes I forget) then the auction automatically gets extended for a further ten minutes to give all bidders chance to re-think if they want to go higher. It would sure wipe the smug grin off the faces of the snipers and stop the losing bidders from whinging about snipers winning 'their' auction.
    I remember that about Yahoo! Auctions. Any bid placed within the last 5 minutes extended the auction. It made it feel like a real auction, with the outbid buyer given a small chance to decide if they wanted to stay in the auction or give it up. I had a few duels go back and forth for a while until one of us threw in the towel.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But this Yahoo practice unnecessarily inflates teh buying price as people get caught up kin the moment. Good for business. Good for the sellers. Bad for buyers! JMHO of course.

I'd rather set my max bidf with snipe and know that my bid will get placed - it might not be the high bid but it will be my high bid!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    And sorry Rahfa, but I disagree completely with "bidding a few times just to get some action going" ... that makes no sense, unless it's a shill bid by a seller ... why on earth would you want action on something you don't want anyone else to win?
    Haha...yeah, true...but if I'm bidding against a couple people, and I can slowly bid the item up (when it's going up anyway), then other bidders are sometimes scared off....OR, I see them bid against me more aggressively, and I decide not to bother with it anymore. I don't bid by myself, obviously.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't why why I was quoted in this argument.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The point of sniping (placing a bid in the last few seconds of an auction) is to prevent a rival bidder from getting caught up in the competition aspect of ebay buying.

Come on...we have all been there. You place your max bid on an auction, and then a couple days later, someone outbids you. Suddenly you are willing to bid a little more....not just because you want the item...but also because you DON'T want the other guy to have the item .

We are competitive by nature.....sniping just prevents rival bidders from acting on that nature.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go figure. The sniper couldn't pay the $405 so, I got a second chance and got it for $350!!!! Salem's Lot 1st edition second state!!!

Not sure what that says about sniping, but I'm sure a happy camper!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Any chance you will sell me the book? I have the 2nd state DJ already...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Congratulations! Any chance you will sell me the book? I have the 2nd state DJ already...
    LOL Not a chance!!! But the seller has a third state available. PM me if you want his ebay handle.

Wow, big week for me!!! Secured my last 2 missing for a complete US collection. I also scored a Night Shift!! Got them both at very good prices to boot!! Still missing a couple UK's that are almost impossible to get, but all in all one very happy camper!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Merlin! I just love it when the initial winner can't or won't pay, then it goes to me. It doesn't happen often, but it's always great!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am concerned by 2nd chance offers.

Was the seller having a buddy shill bid the item for him?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What difference does it make? If you're getting the item for what you bid, who cares?

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I am concerned by 2nd chance offers.

Was the seller having a buddy shill bid the item for him?
    I'm not that worried. I've had more buyers than I can count back out of winning bids. I assume it happens to others a lot too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 656 ... LastLast