Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 332 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nope. Going to have to purchase a custom slipcase separately.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yikes. For that price, I would've thought something would've been included to house it in (with that, it would be a good deal).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I'm getting it because it has the extra novella that won't be published elsewhere and I'm sure it'll be a good production so I certainly don't regret getting it but I'm still annoyed...I think back on the IT 25th Anniversary Edition from CD and that had more pages overall, around the same number of color plates (if NOS4A2 has more it's not by a whole lot) and still cost $125 for the Gift Edition. Unless I'm missing anything like premium binding or better paper IDK why the cost wouldn't cover a slipcase.

Fortunately there's a guy recommended here who makes quality slipcases for cheap (jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com) that I'll try contacting so it's not the end of the world but...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not disagreeing that I wish there was a slipcase. In fact, I love the way Gauntlet does it by offering the slipcase for an additional $25. But, on the other hand, if there were a slipcase it would probably have doubled the price by SP. case in point, Locke & Key S/L's were all $250 each. I was actually quite surprised that it was "only" $125. I'm also glad they didn't do a gift edition. That would have just been more money that I didn't need to spend.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't own any of the L&K LEs but I figure that has to do with most of the book using a glossy paper stock for the comic.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot about the novella. That's a pretty nice bonus, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

So I've been thinking of what slipcase I should get.

Jeff Whiley has these two for Joe Hill. I asked if he took custom titles but I know nothing about how expensive plates are. They cost 12.95 euro which amounts to a little less than 20 dollars.

On the other hand, I know Stephenkingcollector might be making one for $35 dollars if there's enough demand. I imagine that his will have NOS4A2 on it.

I've never gotten one from either so I was wondering if I'm better off ordering from Whiley once I get the measurements or wait for the SK collector one.

And before anyone asks, I've decided to not get a Dolso one at this point. Maybe in the future, though.

My Collection

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I own several slipcases from Jeff, he alwasy offered:
    diff. colors for: Slipcase + printing
    diff. printing: JH or Joe Hill
    And of cause more or less everything special is possible.

Here are some of my custom slipcases from Jeff

Spoiler:
    All what i want was a simple blue slipcase, with no printings
    for my S/L STORIES

This is my 5 HC slipcase for my 5 from Gerhard Axmann
    remarqued SK books

My limited to 25 signed from SK DUDDITS with black slipcase

And the normal J Cronin THE TWELVE slipcase

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I inquired about a custom title and the plates cost up to £45

Country
    Country Flag

Hm if that's the case I'll probably just stick with the preexisting plates. Given how big/thick NOS4A2 probably is I wonder if Joe Hill's full name would fit on the spine vertically?

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I should add that that price is if he can use the plate again. If he thinks he could use it or other projects you may only have to pay the standard slipcase cost.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'll float the NOS4A2 idea by him then and if not then no harm done.

My Collection

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I like this one and all the others that Stockerlone posted. He does great work

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press - 50% Off In-Print Books for the next 24 Hours

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/50..._next_24_hours

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Alex View Post

Thanks for posting that - I was able to order a S/L of Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 for only $75. Another Hill signature for the collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

Thanks for posting that - I was able to order a S/L of Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 for only $75. Another Hill signature for the collection
    Eric,

are you sure it's signed by Joe Hill? The site says "...Limited: 250 numbered copies, bound in leather, with exclusive bonus art including a chapbook by Joe R. Lansdale, signed by author, housed in a custom slipcase"

Thanks!
    Alex

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that heads up - I was able to pick up the last locke and key limited at a huge savings.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eric,

are you sure it's signed by Joe Hill? The site says "...Limited: 250 numbered copies, bound in leather, with exclusive bonus art including a chapbook by Joe R. Lansdale, signed by author, housed in a custom slipcase"

Thanks!
    Alex
    I actually have an unnumbered copy already - signed by joe on the first of 3 signature sheets - otherwise I would've added that too - just happy to add to my locke n key books.

Country
    Country Flag

unswered my own question - yes, "...Signed 12x!!! by Joe Hill, Kelley Armstrong, Caitlin Kiernan, William Schafer and 8 other contributors (see pictures) on ebay posting"
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TALES-OF-DAR...-/171035834989

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Thanks for that heads up - I was able to pick up the last locke and key limited at a huge savings.
    Same here! Even the lettered can be ordered at half price, but then it's still $ 250.00 + shipping and we've had an expensive weekend already with the UK S/L Doctor Sleep.....gotta get a 2nd job to keep collecting.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip Eric,

without it I would not even know abot this book. The search for "Joe Hill" does not bring this title.
    Do you know any other SP anthologies with Joe Hill or Neil Gaiman work in it?

Ak

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip Eric,

without it I would not even know abot this book. The search for "Joe Hill" does not bring this title.

Ak
    I don't think there are any other in-print books. I know Joe sign Subterranean Magazine #2 in 2005 and The New Dead in 2010, but those are the only other Sub Press anthologies I know of. I don't have any Gaiman anthologies from Sub Press.

Country
    Country Flag

Its weird - I collect Joe Hill book and I love Locke and Key, but I never seemed motivated to buy the S/L of the comics. Can't figure out why. But, I must show restraint, even though the prices for #2 and 3 would be good.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip Eric,

Ak
    I don't think there are any other in-print books. I know Joe sign Subterranean Magazine #2 in 2005 and The New Dead in 2010, but those are the only other Sub Press anthologies I know of. I don't have any Gaiman anthologies from Sub Press.
    As for Neil Gaiman - I missed on L/S edition, but the traid edition is still available http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...sible_monsters
    This anthology includes Neil Gaiman—Click-Clack the Rattlelebag

AK

Country
    Country Flag

Its weird - I collect Joe Hill book and I love Locke and Key, but I never seemed motivated to buy the S/L of the comics. Can't figure out why. But, I must show restraint, even though the prices for #2 and 3 would be good.
    I couldn't show the same restraint since i already had the first 2...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 332 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast