Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 332 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How much did they charge for 20th century ghosts?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

When is S/L Fireman going on sale?!?!?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    When is S/L Fireman going on sale?!?!?
    From the PS newsletter...

"In response to all those folks clamoring for the order page, fear not. It’ll be up late next month."
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    How much did they charge for 20th century ghosts?
    About $190 for signed limited slipcased + shipping

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So with all of this talk of The Fireman, has anyone here actually read the book yet? I know that the ARC's have been making their rounds. If you have read it, can you give me your thoughts on the book. Non-spoilerish please.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I'm about 2/3s through it. Really good so far.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I've read it. Really enjoyable read. Don't want to say more at this stage.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Read it and LOVED it.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the feedback guys. I loved NOS4A2 so I have high hopes for this one. I'll probably try to pick up the PS S/L as well

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Towards a bookreading event yesterday, i saw this advertisment..

Joe Hill - Locke + Key
    German audible promo

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is so very good! A total slow burn with amazing character development!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

THE FIREMAN is a remarkable book, very mature, very sensitive. Exciting rather than scary--and that's a good thing. However, it has quite a few "moments' particularly the descriptions of the burn-attacks.

Best wishes

Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

In answer to Bev's question from a few postings ago:
    "If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example)."

Back when he (and I, for crissakes) were getting excited about the publication of 20th CENTURY GHOSTS, were the seeds for the novels already germinating? The e-bay ghost, the kid who grows horns, Christmasland, even Locke and Key . . . and now, of course, this plague of burning people. It's something I've often thought about: when we're all of us running around whooping it up for Steve's new book and Joe's new book, what is there waiting in the wings that we know nothing about? Very exciting. Enjoy your weekend, folks! Best wishes -- Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    THE FIREMAN is a remarkable book, very mature, very sensitive. Exciting rather than scary--and that's a good thing. However, it has quite a few "moments' particularly the descriptions of the burn-attacks.

Best wishes

Pete
    It really is something special. I'm a little over halfway through it and it's been quite some time since I've been this wrapped up emotionally in a book. I'm actually finding myself pissed off at some of the happenings (no spoilers) in the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK guys, got a problem. I am talking to a book seller in the UK about a Horns proof. Thing is, he sent me pictures and instead of looking like the 1st/1st I just bought which is what I expected:

It looks like this:

The back says has the same price, publishing date and ISBN as the 1st/1st I just bought.

So...what am I looking at? I swear I'd seen a proof that looks like the 1st, or am I making things up and is this the only proof?

Thanks for the help!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's an earlier proof?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    OK guys, got a problem. I am talking to a book seller in the UK about a Horns proof. Thing is, he sent me pictures and instead of looking like the 1st/1st I just bought which is what I expected:

It looks like this:

The back says has the same price, publishing date and ISBN as the 1st/1st I just bought.

So...what am I looking at? I swear I'd seen a proof that looks like the 1st, or am I making things up and is this the only proof?

Thanks for the help!
    I have copy of this proof. It's early version of the U.K. Book

What price you've been quoted ?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what my U.K. Horns proof looks like (the 2nd picture.) I've never seen one with the trade cover art. Does anyone know if one exists? I don't think so.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

It looks like this:

Thanks for the help!
    I have copy of this proof. It's early version of the U.K. Book

What price you've been quoted ?
    $55.19 including shipping. Do you know what it is? Possibly the 1st state proof like Becca suggested?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That's what my U.K. Horns proof looks like (the 2nd picture.) I've never seen one with the trade cover art. Does anyone know if one exists? I don't think so.
    I swear I had seen one somewhere, but I could just be on Joe Hill overload. I do find it odd that all my other Hill proofs look like the trade cover art, and I think I'm only down to 1 needed.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I swear I had seen one somewhere, but I could just be on Joe Hill overload. I do find it odd that all my other Hill proofs look like the trade cover art, and I think I'm only down to 1 needed.
    I know you know your stuff, and I feel a little silly suggesting this, but I just looked up a Horns proof on ABE and it showed up with a proof description, but the 1/1 cover. Then I realized it was a "stock image" that I guess ABE provides for all listings of a particular title. Maybe that is what you saw? (combined with your JH overload, it could happen!)
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I know you know your stuff, and I feel a little silly suggesting this, but I just looked up a Horns proof on ABE and it showed up with a proof description, but the 1/1 cover. Then I realized it was a "stock image" that I guess ABE provides for all listings of a particular title. Maybe that is what you saw? (combined with your JH overload, it could happen!)
    That's the one I'm looking at buying. I asked to see some actual pics, and that's what I got back. But you're right - I am on JH overload. But my, how my collection has expanded this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    That's the one I'm looking at buying. I asked to see some actual pics, and that's what I got back. But you're right - I am on JH overload. But my, how my collection has expanded this year!

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, right, whatever....

I now have to hide my "keeping up with Dez" list. The last time Julie saw it she almost fainted!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    In answer to Bev's question from a few postings ago:
    "If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example)."

Back when he (and I, for crissakes) were getting excited about the publication of 20th CENTURY GHOSTS, were the seeds for the novels already germinating? The e-bay ghost, the kid who grows horns, Christmasland, even Locke and Key . . . and now, of course, this plague of burning people. It's something I've often thought about: when we're all of us running around whooping it up for Steve's new book and Joe's new book, what is there waiting in the wings that we know nothing about? Very exciting. Enjoy your weekend, folks! Best wishes -- Pete
    In my interview with him, which will be in the next issue of CD, he told me his plans/hopes for his next two books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 332 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 ... LastLast