Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 332 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Ok so my head hurts from searching the internet for this. I want a nice set of Joe Hill Locke and Key set. I know SP did the first 3, IDW did number 2 and random people did the rest. Is there a set that spans all the books or do you have to piece them together and which is the best ones for each book?
    SP made a lettered and limited edition of the first three. The first two they also made a nice hardback that wasn't signed. They discontinued at the third book with no plans to finish.

IDW made a leatherbound of the first three volumes. They told me in the summer of 2014 that they planned on continuing with the release of one per summer. Since I haven't heard about the fourth, I can only assume they didn't continue. IDW also has made several other editions of the first volume. They made a signed traycased deluxe version of the first volume that came in something like eight different versions depending on what artist you wanted to use for the art. I have one of these last versions, it's pretty nice. Unfortunately, if you want a complete set of premium editions, you are probably out of luck.

I was rather upset about SP stopping. It pretty much made the signed limiteds that I have near impossible to sell without a huge loss. I think the price point was probably the problem at $250 per issue.
    So that covers 1-3. Did anyone ever do deluxe or even just nice editions of the last 3? I wouldn't mind doing 1-3 SP then another publisher for 4-6

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not that I know of.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did get my limited 20th Century from PS - a while back (not the s/l yet - since that has not shipped).

As for Locke n Key - I have the first 3 limited from Subpress - and like them a lot. Then I stopped trying to get the others or more from IDW - it was too confusing and nothing fit together - so I will just stick with those 3. Then I have a nice set of all of the HC books all signed by Joe - just too many damn variations - especially with the comics/graphic novels

would be interesting to see if Bill might do the last 3 books at a more reasonable price if enough people wanted to finish off the set

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I did get my limited 20th Century from PS - a while back (not the s/l yet - since that has not shipped).

As for Locke n Key - I have the first 3 limited from Subpress - and like them a lot. Then I stopped trying to get the others or more from IDW - it was too confusing and nothing fit together - so I will just stick with those 3. Then I have a nice set of all of the HC books all signed by Joe - just too many damn variations - especially with the comics/graphic novels

would be interesting to see if Bill might do the last 3 books at a more reasonable price if enough people wanted to finish off the set
    I really like what IDW did for number 2. The Red Label edition ($150) or you could get an upgraded artist black label edition ($300) but they only did number 2... I still contemplate getting the SP sets. I even thought about the Lettered editions since I liked them so much but really haven't seen them come up for same for awhile reasonable priced.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my regular limiteds too. There are members here who received the S/L last month.

They probably were able to ship some before the holidays and the others will be forthcoming.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I received my regular limiteds too. There are members here who received the S/L last month.

They probably were able to ship some before the holidays and the others will be forthcoming.
    Sorry - I did not realize that the s/l had shipped...huh - I thought they were still working the whole DVD thing - guess I will see my copy at some point

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry - I did not realize that the s/l had shipped...huh - I thought they were still working the whole DVD thing - guess I will see my copy at some point
    jonp posted his on 12/14/15

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post964684

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok so my head hurts from searching the internet for this. I want a nice set of Joe Hill Locke and Key set. I know SP did the first 3, IDW did number 2 and random people did the rest. Is there a set that spans all the books or do you have to piece them together and which is the best ones for each book?
    For me, this is the nicest complete set you can get -http://www.idwpublishing.com/product...-slipcase-set/

These are paperbacks, and I have hardcovers with the slipcase, so you could look around for a hardcover set.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    For me, this is the nicest complete set you can get -http://www.idwpublishing.com/product...-slipcase-set/

These are paperbacks, and I have hardcovers with the slipcase, so you could look around for a hardcover set.
    The hardcover slipcase was a purchase with the Alpha Omega hardcover. You would get this issue plus the slipcase that fit everything. I do have one of these. I think it was around $30.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

The hardcover slipcase was a purchase with the Alpha Omega hardcover. You would get this issue plus the slipcase that fit everything. I do have one of these. I think it was around $30.
    It was 39.99. I doubt any retailers still have them available. So the paperback set would probably be the best full set option.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, and I'm sure you are right. Probably hard to find.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

cant believe I still havent finished reading the Locke & Key Series yet...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is Idiotic that IDW is pulling the same thing Sub Press did. Stopping after 3 volumes
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

If anyone is in the market for a copy of THE FIREMAN preview, and is not fanatic about it being flawless, please feel free to drop me a PM. We got a copy consigned that shows just a bit of roughness along the long/open edge--so minor that I didn't even see it at first, but for the perfectionists among us....

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    If anyone is in the market for a copy of THE FIREMAN preview, and is not fanatic about it being flawless, please feel free to drop me a PM. We got a copy consigned that shows just a bit of roughness along the long/open edge--so minor that I didn't even see it at first, but for the perfectionists among us....
    Sold.

Country
    Country Flag

jonp posted his on 12/14/15

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post964684
    I just noticed that I'm wrong. Jon posted Skeleton Crew not 20th Century Ghosts. Nicky replied that they should be shipping Ghosts in a couple of weeks.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    From an auction listing:

The missing chapter from the Deluxe edition of Horns
    By Joe's own admission, The Surrealist's Glass was a confused and corrupt first draft of Horns, the best elements of which eventually finding their way into his excellent novel Horns
    This chapter was an exclusive extra, only found in the deluxe traycased copies of Horns - Unfortunately some of those copies were mistakenly printed without it - This chapbook was produced as a supplament, just for the copies it was missing from
    As there were only 200 numbered copies of the deluxe traycased edition produced, and not all deluxe copies were actually missing it, It's unlikely that there were more than 200 printed - In reality, probably far less
    A way cool collectable, which no copy of Horns should be without !
    Cover Art: Vincent Chong
    A true collectors edition, in fantastic condition
    Very scarce
    I just checked and my copy has the extra chapter. Do we know how many include the extra and how many didn't?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    From an auction listing:

The missing chapter from the Deluxe edition of Horns
    By Joe's own admission, The Surrealist's Glass was a confused and corrupt first draft of Horns, the best elements of which eventually finding their way into his excellent novel Horns
    This chapter was an exclusive extra, only found in the deluxe traycased copies of Horns - Unfortunately some of those copies were mistakenly printed without it - This chapbook was produced as a supplament, just for the copies it was missing from
    As there were only 200 numbered copies of the deluxe traycased edition produced, and not all deluxe copies were actually missing it, It's unlikely that there were more than 200 printed - In reality, probably far less
    A way cool collectable, which no copy of Horns should be without !
    Cover Art: Vincent Chong
    A true collectors edition, in fantastic condition
    Very scarce
    I just checked and my copy has the extra chapter. Do we know how many include the extra and how many didn't?
    mine has the chapter as well (with the art inset preceding the chapter - which is the same cover as the chapbook) - but sorry have no idea. Guess you would have to ask them over at PS

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would people consider $200 for a copy of the 2007 PS Publishing S/L of 20th Century Ghosts (number of the 300's) a good price?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Would people consider $200 for a copy of the 2007 PS Publishing S/L of 20th Century Ghosts (number of the 300's) a good price?
    That's probably about right. If you are patient you might find one for less. I paid $150 last September.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Apologies if this has already appeared in this thread...I don't remember seeing it before, so I think I'm safe. Cover for U.S. 1st HC of THE FIREMAN released:

EDIT: Argh. Found it four or five pages back. Oh well, it's so nice it deserves a repeat.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

SP made a lettered and limited edition of the first three. The first two they also made a nice hardback that wasn't signed. They discontinued at the third book with no plans to finish.

IDW made a leatherbound of the first three volumes. They told me in the summer of 2014 that they planned on continuing with the release of one per summer. Since I haven't heard about the fourth, I can only assume they didn't continue. IDW also has made several other editions of the first volume. They made a signed traycased deluxe version of the first volume that came in something like eight different versions depending on what artist you wanted to use for the art. I have one of these last versions, it's pretty nice. Unfortunately, if you want a complete set of premium editions, you are probably out of luck.

I was rather upset about SP stopping. It pretty much made the signed limiteds that I have near impossible to sell without a huge loss. I think the price point was probably the problem at $250 per issue.
    I agree, Dan. The price point was exactly the problem. At $250/volume, the all-in price by the time the set would be complete was too high for many of us.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill - Thumbprint
    German edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 332 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast