Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 332 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I wasn't sure about it when I first picked it up. It wasn't because of the writing, for me, which I thought was great. I just didn't like any of the characters, and found everyone to be annoying and/or despicable.
    After about halfway through, I was utterly obsessed and completely in love with it.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't a fan of it either. I think you may have nailed it with the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

i thought Nos4a2 read like a bad comic no horror.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

The Horn's movie is available to rent online and through Comcast On Demand.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And in Cinemas in France
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a PPV on Directv and it wasn't bad at all. They jazzed it up for the big screen a bit, but most of the book came through. Good deal for, Mr. Hill!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought that it was quite good actually! Really impressed.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

52% on Rotten Tomatoes. Oof. Often times a bad review will just make me see a movie or read a book more but RT is generally right with their reviews.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I liked it as well. The casting and changes to Lee were kind of weak. the rest of casting was very good.
    The ending was weak too. I they should have done something with fire, but maybe they didn't have the budget.
    But other that it was great.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It's strange that they have it released to the internet on 10/3/14 and the theatrical release as 10/31/14.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Sold for $62. Not a bad price

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default Message Board?

I didnt know he had a forum. Looks like no posts since 2010. Anyone know what happened to it?

http://joehillfiction.informe.com/forum/

Country
    Country Flag

He is now using tumblr instead
    >>> http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I already watched horns. Really good flick. easily as good as the book was. If you didn't care for the book I think you will still really enjoy the movie. some sick humor and fantastic directing.
    IMO

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Selling my Signed Limited Slipcased copy of Horns from PS Publishing. Make me a fair offer. Contains bonus material

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I made a donation to the Read for Pixels Pixel Project a few weeks back and in return Joe Hill was to send a 75 word hand-written story on a postcard. This is what was waiting for me in my inbox this morning:

Hi Jim
    Joe Hill just emailed us with a message for you:

Right, I wrote Jim's story today, and it came out really well. It's 200 words, however, not 75, and I'll probably need to put it in a letter, not a postcard. Will you check with Jim and make sure that's agreeable?

Could you let us know if you're okay with this?

Uh, yeah, i'd say it's agreeable.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Very cool. Hope you plan to post a pic of it when you receive it...I know I and many others here would love to see it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I made a donation to the Read for Pixels Pixel Project a few weeks back and in return Joe Hill was to send a 75 word hand-written story on a postcard. This is what was waiting for me in my inbox this morning:

Hi Jim

Right, I wrote Jim's story today, and it came out really well. It's 200 words, however, not 75, and I'll probably need to put it in a letter, not a postcard. Will you check with Jim and make sure that's agreeable?

Even better! Congratulations for this unique item!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jim

[IMG][/IMG]

Guess what arrived today...
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet !

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jim

[IMG][/IMG]

Guess what arrived today...
    Please share the story!!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe is offering free signing's if you order through Water Street Books (in an effort to support small book retailers):
    http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/po...ng-up-a-signed

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Joe is offering free signing's if you order through Water Street Books (in an effort to support small book retailers):

That's awesome of him. I wonder what the backlash would be if he published a story for just small book shops, if it's even possible. Maybe that's been done before.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool of him to Support this booksstore. I contacted them and they don't have signed 1st/1st hc

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 332 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast