Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 332 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    For those that have it, what's the quality of the PS limited/slipcased 10th anniversary edition of '20th Century Ghosts' like? I seem to remember a couple of negative comments, in this thread, but can't find them now.
    Lincoln.
    I must be in the minority here because I really like the Deluxe edition. As a Hill fan I'm glad I purchased it. The art cards are great and while I haven't watched the DVD yet I'm looking forward to it!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    For those that have it, what's the quality of the PS limited/slipcased 10th anniversary edition of '20th Century Ghosts' like? I seem to remember a couple of negative comments, in this thread, but can't find them now.
    Lincoln.
    I must be in the minority here because I really like the Deluxe edition. As a Hill fan I'm glad I purchased it. The art cards are great and while I haven't watched the DVD yet I'm looking forward to it!
    I thought Pop Art was incredible. The envelope is cool, the pictures are cool and the slipcase is a cool idea. I think the quality of the picture on the slipcase should be better. It looks blurry. It's a very short sized book too. I just think it was a nice edition but overpriced.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

So I just received my copy of the 10th anniversary edition of 20th CG. It is the standard, unsigned version limited to 774 copies. (just to make sure you know which one I mean) and while the book is very nice and worth the money, I now understand what people meant when saying the slipcase was sub-par. It is not very sturdy and mars very easily. It does it's job of protecting the DJ, but as part of an entire "visualy pleasing" package it falls far short.

I'm not sorry I got it, just a bit suprised at the slipcase quality. I guess I'll just have to upgrade to a Dolso!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I get it's all subjective etc. but that's just crazy talk. I don't see anyone "upgrading" their entry level BS slipcases for their DT S/Ls, Dark Harvest and Lord John Press books. As issued or bust.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    So I just received my copy of the 10th anniversary edition of 20th CG. It is the standard, unsigned version limited to 774 copies. (just to make sure you know which one I mean) and while the book is very nice and worth the money, I now understand what people meant when saying the slipcase was sub-par. It is not very sturdy and mars very easily. It does it's job of protecting the DJ, but as part of an entire "visualy pleasing" package it falls far short.

I'm not sorry I got it, just a bit suprised at the slipcase quality. I guess I'll just have to upgrade to a Dolso!
    Any pictures?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, great pic!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I get it's all subjective etc. but that's just crazy talk. I don't see anyone "upgrading" their entry level BS slipcases for their DT S/Ls, Dark Harvest and Lord John Press books. As issued or bust.
    I agree. I have many older generic slipcases that came with the books that aren't the greatest. But I wouldn't replace them. You can't see it when it is on the shelf, and it still protects the book, so it is serving its purpose.

I have one of Dolso's cases, but I could not imagine a shelf full of wooden slipcases. Too bulky and heavy. I just don't get the fascination with them.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Fireman by Joe Hill (Horns) ARC/proof *FREE SHIPPING*

Currently at $114.50 with 1 day and 7 hours remaining.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    The Fireman by Joe Hill (Horns) ARC/proof *FREE SHIPPING*

Currently at $114.50 with 1 day and 7 hours remaining.
    Oooooooh!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I agree. I have many older generic slipcases that came with the books that aren't the greatest. But I wouldn't replace them. You can't see it when it is on the shelf, and it still protects the book, so it is serving its purpose.

I have one of Dolso's cases, but I could not imagine a shelf full of wooden slipcases. Too bulky and heavy. I just don't get the fascination with them.
    You are both correct. No, I would not upgrade to a Dolso for this title, I'm not even sure why I wrote that other than to end an otherwise somewhat negative post on some sort of "cute" or "upbeat" kind of thought. I think that perhaps I have been spoiled by the quality of CD's and other aftermarket slipcases.

It really is a nice edition and nothing should take away from that.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Fireman. Enjoyed it. Lots I'd like to say but don't want to spoil it. Also want to sit with it for a few days and reflect on it.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

gr-comics: inked sketches for the covers proposals for my next project in @idwcomics: “Tales from the Darkside”, a four issues miniseries by @joehillsthrills, Michael Benedetto and yours truly

http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/post/141216421922/gr-comics-inked-sketches-for-the-covers
    Wanted:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some promo stuff out there, from Gollancz twitter account : "We are really nice to the other people in our building. We are dropping copies of #TheFireman into their kitchens! "

>>> https://twitter.com/Gollancz/status/...964224/photo/1
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

What are the stuff infront of the books?

Lilja

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    What are the stuff infront of the books?

Lilja
    Postcards from a location that is important to the novel, I think. And Atomic Fireblast candy.

Country
    Country Flag

The Strand just announced details for the NYC stop of The Fireman copy. Just ordered my copy

05/18 Event + Book: The Fireman: A Novel

The purchase of this book grants you admission to the event in the Strand’s Rare Book Room, located on the 3rd floor of our store, at 828 Broadway and 12th Street. There are no tickets for this event. By purchasing this book online your name will automatically be added to a guest list at the door. If ordered online, the book will only be available for pick-up at the event, so please select “in store pick-up” as your shipping method. Payment is required at the time the order is placed on our website. You may also purchase a copy of the book in the store at the registers, or at the time of the event in the Rare Book Room. If you cannot attend the event, but wish to pre-order a signed copy of the book, click here: Pre-Order Signed Copies
    Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME!!!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    The Strand just announced details for the NYC stop of The Fireman copy. Just ordered my copy

05/18 Event + Book: The Fireman: A Novel

The purchase of this book grants you admission to the event in the Strand’s Rare Book Room, located on the 3rd floor of our store, at 828 Broadway and 12th Street. There are no tickets for this event. By purchasing this book online your name will automatically be added to a guest list at the door. If ordered online, the book will only be available for pick-up at the event, so please select “in store pick-up” as your shipping method. Payment is required at the time the order is placed on our website. You may also purchase a copy of the book in the store at the registers, or at the time of the event in the Rare Book Room. If you cannot attend the event, but wish to pre-order a signed copy of the book, click here: Pre-Order Signed Copies
    Thanks for posting this. I am going to be in NYC that week and I just ordered my copy too.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh... I'm in NY from the 14th-17th. But a trip to The Strand is still definitely in order. Love that store!

The last time I was in New York for another vacation, it was two days before King was there for the Doctor Sleep tour. This tells me I am not destined to see any of the King family in New York!

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Cool!

Lilja

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    Alright, who has NOS4A2 WITH the Christmas card/gingerbread freshener??!! I would love to have gotten that.
    Did anyone ever post a photo of these for you? I'm unpacking some of my books at my new place, and I just happened to stumble upon the Joe Hill ARCs box and I'm pretty sure this is in there!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

No Brian, I did. Of see it yet. But I would love to! I'm going to get into collecting Joe hill and all this fun stuff soon (: thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    No Brian, I did. Of see it yet. But I would love to! I'm going to get into collecting Joe hill and all this fun stuff soon (: thanks!
    I'll get that box opened before I finish for the day and I'll take some photos tomorrow!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 332 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 ... LastLast