Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 332 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

They said it will print in full-color with foil stamping on the spine. Glad I ordered one.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Instead of saying that it's a great thing the slipcase wasn't included, shouldn't you be asking why wasn't the slipcase included with a $125 book? Especially considering that again, bigger names with smaller print runs have a) cheaper prices or b) came with a slipcase.
    I'm not singling you out specifically, though I'm replying to your email: when people gripe about book costs, they never seem to take into account what the author is getting paid. I have no knowledge of the money side of any of these deals, but I do know that the cost of the book includes how much the author is being paid for the rights to publish that edition, as well as profit for the publisher. Maybe Joe Hill was paid more than Simmons was? Maybe he asked for more? Maybe he was offered more? That's between the publisher(s) and the author(s). But it's the one thing that buyers never seem to take into consideration when they're complaining about how much a book costs.

Hunter

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I understand that completely. You have to understand where I'm coming from. This book doesn't seem to have any of the qualities that book in that range usually have. This was $125 + $30 if you want the slipcase + shipping x 2. It's a nice looking book but when you look at it, do you see anything that is (physically) worth the extra cost? You're right, we don't know what the agreement is and what ammount we're talking about. I'm talking about the bottom line here and that is, you as a consumer got less. Another bottom line is, if people are happy, that's all that matters and don't let the grouchy ol' me get anyone down.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On the bright side it seems to be selling for three times the purchase price on eBay so if you're not happy with it chances are someone will be glad to pay you a hefty sum to get it off your hands.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, can somebody who already received SubPress NOS42 post an exact measurements of the book, pls? I'm wondering if NOS42 US1/1 will fit properly into SubPress slipcase... Thanks

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure the sub press edition is bigger, height and width, then the us trade.
    See post #898

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post58721

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

The Sub Press edition is definitely larger in every aspect than the US 1/1; you'd have significant gaps in both width and height if you put the trade 1/1 in the limited slipcase.

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got it! Thanks

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Us trade is 6 1/4 x 9 1/4 x 1 3/4

s/l is approximately 7 1/2 x 10 1/4 x 2 1/2

UK trade 6 1/4 x 9 1/2 x 2

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com makes Joe Hill slipcases if you want to get in touch with him.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    The quality of those look pretty good. Just too bad he can't add the author or book title to the case.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Actually, I understand that completely. You have to understand where I'm coming from. This book doesn't seem to have any of the qualities that book in that range usually have. This was $125 + $30 if you want the slipcase + shipping x 2. It's a nice looking book but when you look at it, do you see anything that is (physically) worth the extra cost? You're right, we don't know what the agreement is and what ammount we're talking about. I'm talking about the bottom line here and that is, you as a consumer got less. Another bottom line is, if people are happy, that's all that matters and don't let the grouchy ol' me get anyone down.
    In this case, I don't mind the all-in product cost so much. However I find having to place a separate order and pay a separate extra shipping charge annoying. I like the concept some publishers use: In the original offering, you have two price points based on the choice of including or excluding a slipcase. Order and pay once, avoid double shipping charges, and move on.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

So to those who've read it, what did you think of the bonus material in NOS4A2?

And for those who haven't, the comicbook Wraith is basically the same story with some new material thrown in.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So to those who've read it, what did you think of the bonus material in NOS4A2?
    I read it a few days ago, and as I was with the novel, was blown away. Best thing I've read in months, chilling and absolutely absorbing -- and was just the bonus tack-on. If there's a better writer working the genre today, I don't know who it is. I hate to be such a Hill fanboy, but goddamn, he's good.

One odd thing I noticed in the bonus novella is that he periodically spoke in contractions, which, as we know from the novel, he doesn't do. Not sure why the difference, or whether or not it was even intentional on Hill's part.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a shame Hill cut it out and that most people won't be able to read it (or even know about it). Plus even for people who do have it you'd have to handle a very expensive book to read it. I mean I get why he cut it out as it does take away the mystery of a number of things from the book but...

Also yeah I definitely think Hill's one of the best writers working today. He's in a class of his own.

My Collection

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard whether there is going to be an omnibus (either TPB or HC) for the Wraith comics?

I would really rather have a HC like I do for walking dead and Locke & Key.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

I can only guess but I imagine they would as IDW has also given a HC release for The Cape.

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Has anyone heard whether there is going to be an omnibus (either TPB or HC) for the Wraith comics?

I would really rather have a HC like I do for walking dead and Locke & Key.

I would definitely bet money on that for sure. Might be a while. Same for the locke and key series when its finally complete.
    I think its better to have one omnibus and have joe sign it at an appearance.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From PS Publishing:
    YOU KNOW, THERE WAS A TIME when I’d kind of decided I was going to pull the plug on the deluxe edition of Marie O’Regan’s and Paul Kane’s A Carnivale of Horror because the signing sheets had gone AWOL in a monstrously big way and I just could not face going back to those authors who had signed and asking them to do it again. And then, out of the blue, I got a message from Rio Youers (God bless ‘im, I say and by golly I do mean it) to say the sheets had turned up in his local Post Office. This was 23 August . . . around one entire year since they set off on their travels. So, like I say, prior to that email from Rio, I was all set to make the announcement and refund all the folks who had pre-paid (bless 'em). Since then, there was just Rio, Joe Hill and Tom Monteleone to do the job. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about these things going out in the mail yet again but they did. They finally wound up with Tom and he brought them across to Brighton for World Fantasy (Tom, I never bought you that beer, mate: next time, promise!)

It comes to about $75 delivered to US.

Country
    Country Flag

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bradbury and Hill signatures alone make that work picking up.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    The Bradbury and Hill signatures alone make that work picking up.
    Nice book... but... is it signed from all authors or from all living authors?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Considering the signature pages were "lost" for a year with only three people left to sign them, I'm hoping that means Bradbury signed them well before he passed.
    The product page just says "100 signed by the contributors."
    Mark Twain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a copy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 332 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast