Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hi Brian - Some of this sites areas are for members only, so that could be part of your problem. The other part might be when people host photos HERE ( you can upload them to a gallery ). If you aren't logged in, you probably can't see them.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Q's...When I click on the insert photo tap I get a warning that this site is using a scripted window and I must agree to allow it...

Also I've noticed when I'm viewing the site logged-in I cannot see photos in posts, only links to open the photos...But when I'm not logged-in and viewing the site I can see photos in posts...strange

any help would be appreciated...

Brian..
    That seems the opposite of what it should be Brian. The only problem I have ever known with photos is what turtlex said and if your job actually blocks the site it is hosted on (photobucket)

Photos uploaded to the site (Gallery) should always be viewable

The first part of your post is true. We prefer that instead of trying to use the "upload attachment" feature at the bottom of the posts you "host" your pics in the gallery or off site. It saves on database space for the forum.

If you can give me a specific example of a pic you can't see, I might be able to help out more.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Yes the site gallery is always viewable.

It's when I'm logged in and reading posts I cannot see uploaded photos, what I see is the link to click on to open a new window with the photo,,,such as imageshack, photo bucket, farm 5 ect....an example is the last page of Your new pride and joy in calvins corner..when I'm logged in all I see is links to open to look at the photos.

When I log out and view as a guest I can see the photos...strange..

This is the same on both my home and work computer..

Thanks Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What browser (and version) are you using?
    If you have software that blocks 'malicious' sites, it could be inadvertently blocking content from this site.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...but we're not malicious.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

both computers use internet explorer 8.
    windows xp operating system.

it's just strange that eveything looks fine on the site untill i log-in.

no big deal, i usually view the site not logged in untill i want to post a reply anyway.

thanks brian

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

no big deal, i usually view the site not logged in untill i want to post a reply anyway.

thanks brian

POST MORE
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks brian
    I'll check your group Brian to make sure you are in the same one with the rest of the members but it does sound like it might be local somehow. We'll keep working on it.

Traveler Mo-linoDeViento is on a distinguished road Mo-linoDeViento's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I didn't really know where to ask this and if anything can be done, but I was wondering if there is a way to avoid the dozens of notices that I have to "dismiss" manually (and individually)? They show up on every page, between the banner and the rest of the forum, and, quite frankly, are a bit annoying. :/ Hate to say that, being new and all, but I know I'd enjoy my time here a lot more if there was a way to, at the very least, dismiss them all at once instead of one at a time, waiting for the page to reload in between.

Thanks!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the easiest way to get rid of the notices is to vote in the polls they indicate

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, if you don't wish to dismiss them manually voting is your only other option I know of.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

If you're quick enough, you can hit dismiss on several of them at once. They don't always all "take," but usually I can dismiss at least three or four at a go, which cuts down on the wait time.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-linoDeViento View Post
    Hi,

I didn't really know where to ask this and if anything can be done, but I was wondering if there is a way to avoid the dozens of notices that I have to "dismiss" manually (and individually)? They show up on every page, between the banner and the rest of the forum, and, quite frankly, are a bit annoying. :/ Hate to say that, being new and all, but I know I'd enjoy my time here a lot more if there was a way to, at the very least, dismiss them all at once instead of one at a time, waiting for the page to reload in between.

Thanks!
    There is actually a reason it is set up the way it is. The notices are purposely "in your face" because we really want people to vote. It is just as easy to click the link and vote as it is to dismiss.

We hold a complex poll to see which one of Kings books is the best once a year and we like to get as many votes as possible.

If a person absolutely positively does not want to vote, they can dismiss but I really wish they would use the link to vote.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

why should anyone prefer dismissing to voting anyway? voting is fun, while dismissing is a drudge

and, Mo-linoDeViento - where you vote you can also post, you know, and read what other people/animals have posted, and this way integrate into the community the quickest and easiest way possible

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's only for a couple months, and then they'll go away again. But, like bears said, voting is MUCH more fun than dismissing them.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Traveler Mo-linoDeViento is on a distinguished road Mo-linoDeViento's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it's only once a year, I think I can deal with it. It's a bit of a nuisance now because of a slow internet connection, but we should be getting that fixed in a few weeks. With a slow connection, it's more time consuming to vote on all of them, and less time consuming (though still very much so) to just hit dismiss...a dozen times...every day.

But you raise a very good point about getting involved in the site that way, so I'll be voting on a few more now...

Thanks! (Sorry if I sound like I'm whining, by the way.)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

No worries! We know the notices can be a bit of a drag for people who aren't voting, but have no other way of reminding people to vote.

By the way, the notices should only have to be dismissed once per notice. So while you may see a lot of notices up at once (my fault, as I usually create all fifteen notices on one day instead of doing five per day like I should), once you dismiss each one they should go away for good.

Welcome to the site, Mo-linoDeViento!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed today that I cannot put in any "smilies" into my posts. When I click the [More] button for the smilies, I get a refreshed page of the one I'm on, but no separate window for the smilies. I also cannot double-click a thread to indicate that I've read it. Just nothing happens.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...that is interesting. I have done a few tests and didn't run into a problem.

Do you use the quick reply box or click "Reply"? If the quick reply, do you see smiliey choices lining the bottom of the box?

Could you post a screen shot of what you are seeing maybe?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

No need for a screen shot--I just don't get any response whatsoever. The listings on both the quick reply screen on the bottom and the regular reply on the right side are both there. When I click on one of the smilies, the cursor disappears. I don't know if that means anything or not.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just rebooted my browser and the problem went away.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! That is the best problem I have had all year John.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought this might be worth noting:

Yesterday, the link in my favs list stopped working. It took me to some kinda "search" thing but wasn't google or anything familiar. It happened to Dolso as well. We both went to the SKcollector site and got on through his link. Then I deleted the old one and replaced with a new "Add to Favorites" after clicking thru the Collectors link. Evrything went peachy after that.

Then today, I got a email notice of a posting in a subscribed thread and the post was not there!!

I don't know if these things are indicative of bigger problems or worth looking into, but I thought I would just pass them on to TPTB to ascertain their relevance.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep getting reports of people that cannot access the site so they will not benefit from this but we did have a problem with the company that controls the registration for our domain name. The site has about 3 different "services" that need to be paid every year and I missed the email on this one.

They deactivated the domain. Site was taken off line and replaced by a search engine/advertisement page.

It is all fine now and I can access the site with all major browsers so I'm not sure where to go with the people that can't get on. I am going to keep researching it of course.

If anyone that can access the site has someone that cannot asking them about it, please have them contact me at: mattrayne@thedarktower.org

Thanks everyone.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh!!! So my post did some good?

Amazing!!!

Cool Beans, Matt. We figured it out, but I'll do what I can, when I can.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast