Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1756

Thread: Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Those really remind me of the McKean drawings in W&G that sold through Betts. Nice.
    Me too. Before reading Franks post I thought it was Mckean.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Reinhard Kleistīs and McKeanīs drawing style is very similar and
    one of a kind (ok... two of a kind)

Johnny Cash

Peter Straub Pork Pie Hat signed limited slipcased German HC
    remarqued from illustrator Reinhard Kleist

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those really remind me of the McKean drawings in W&G that sold through Betts. Nice.
    I thought those were McKean drawings when the photos popped up before I read the post. I agree with Bob, those are nice.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are very nice, Frank! Congrats.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Reinhard Kleist
    The Secrets of Coney Island

signed and remarqued

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's real nice Frank!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like that one. Congrats!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Vincent Voss 172,3
    signed and Remarqued from Jessica May Dean

A really incredible detailed remarque.

[/IMG]

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, Frank. Congrats!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great artwork, Frank! Congrats!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned Thelangoleer will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

Would anyone consider remarques to devalue a book?

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not me, for sure - then again, I'm biased (and likely bipopar to boot) - I adore remarques and believe they enhance the value of a book (but that's just me)
    We all float down here!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion - If done by an artist who actually illustrated the book then I think additional artwork enhances the value. But if done by an artist not otherwise involved in illustrating the book then that is a big no-no, especially if the book is an S/L.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It would devalue a S/L for me.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My opinion - If done by an artist who actually illustrated the book then I think additional artwork enhances the value. But if done by an artist not otherwise involved in illustrating the book then that is a big no-no, especially if the book is an S/L.
    Well said.....I like your opinion.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I remember back when this whole "remarque" (gosh, I hate that term) craze got started with respect to King books. Michael Whelan offered to do drawings in the artist edition of DT7 for about $400. He was going to do no more than 15 or so (I forget the exact number). The offer sold out immediately and so they could do more Audrey called me and a few other collectors and asked if we would send in books we already had for our drawings rather than use up the limited copies they had on hand. I agreed and she said I could send either an artist edition or an S/L. I thought about it for a while and decided not to send an S/L. It struck me then (and now) that these things are better done in trade or artist editions rather than an S/L.

My Mood
    Fine

That was my next thought - I have a S/L SODV2 remarqued by chadbourne - I think it would enhance the value as well but I'm not sure if I should have it done to my other S/L now. I just got a Blockade Billy S/L that I think would look neat remarqued but I'm not really sure if I should.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a great remarque, in a trade significantly increases value. Personally, a remarque in a S/L would devalue the book. I just can't imagine wanting a beautiful piece by Berni Wrightson in my S/L "The Stand". I suppose if I owned two copies, having one with original art would be unique, but I'd prefer an original frame-able piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelangoleer View Post
    That was my next thought - I have a S/L SODV2 remarqued by chadbourne - I think it would enhance the value as well but I'm not sure if I should have it done to my other S/L now. I just got a Blockade Billy S/L that I think would look neat remarqued but I'm not really sure if I should.
    Are you thinking of getting Chadbourne to draw in your Blockade Billy S/L?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Our opinions overlap like Venn diagrams.

...If done by an artist who actually illustrated the book then I think additional artwork enhances the value. But if done by an artist not otherwise involved in illustrating the book then ...
    ...then it is unlikely to add any value for me, and runs the risk of devaluing the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think a great remarque, in a trade significantly increases value...
    I agree.

As also mentioned upthread, I think original art generally adds more value when it is in an Artist/Gift Edition than it does in an S/L.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it depends on the Book.

I have Matching LETTERED SODs with full page Chadbourne remarques. I think in these volumes, which showcase Chadbourne's artwork just as much as King's stories, the full color, unique remarques add to the value of these.

Totally agree with RF's comments below. It depends on the S/L (IMHO).....

My Mood
    Fine

No of course not - I am thinking of a mcvey or orbic in my s/l

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Reinhard Kleist
    AMERIKA

signed and remarqued graphic novel

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the style of that artwork! Congrats on this Stockerlone!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Cujo
    signed and remarqued from Vincent Chong

[IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast