Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Christopher C. Payne, President of JournalStone Publishing said that he'd vouched for Vincent's credit worthiness in the past. He wanted everyone to know that is no longer the case. He said that Vincent owes him over $30,000 and isn't honoring their repayment agreement. He went public with this to inform others so they would not be victimized.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So what's the problem with posting what he publicly said?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That is big.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have screenshots of the post that has since been removed but I’m just getting ready for work so will post later.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    In a follow-up comment on a different thread, Vincent said that the comment was removed because JournalStone received their money.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

In a follow-up comment on a different thread, Vincent said that the comment was removed because JournalStone received their money.
    I’d like to hear that from JournalStone.

I just don’t believe anything Vincent says.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Given the shit show of the past few months, it seems unlikely that he would be able to come up with $30 in just under 2 hours, let alone $30,000

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Given the shit show of the past few months, it seems unlikely that he would be able to come up with $30 in just under 2 hours, let alone $30,000
    Well, whatever was communicated, Chris took down the post. So there had to be a reason JournalStone was willing to call off the dogs. I would say that just posting that was an extreme measure on Chris's part. Because once you box in your debtor, you make it harder for that debtor to make the money to pay you back. When I read the post, I took it as JournalStone had abandoned all hope of recouping their loss and just wanted to warn the publishing community. Essentially, that message getting out would make any business hesitant to work with NRB and end the flow of money to and out from NRB.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Not to mention, JournalStone would very likely issue a retraction if it were true. And what kind of lame response was that anyway? The guy said he financially took a huge hit. Like he wouldn’t notice the payments were being made?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe DHL lost the $30k cheque

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler anrfreelance will become famous soon enough

So I was an NRB subscriber who actually reviewed them for a horror website I worked for, and while the quality of the box has decreased each month, I was still rooting for them. But this craziness has gone SO far beyond, and I cancelled a few months ago during the original June debacle. After all of the drama and repeatedly getting non-working tracking numbers, etc I got my June box yesterday. SUCH a joke. The box's contents are worth maybe $10 total. Everything is the quality that could've been purchased at the dollar store; the sunglasses broke when I let my daughter try them on, the water bottle seriously says "Live a drug free life" and nothing else, so no matter WHAT it refers to (supposedly 'Positive' by David Wellington) I'm not going to be carrying that around like some weird straight-edge DARE mom, the Joe Hill t-shirt (the reason I bought the box) is hideous and on super scratchy cheap white cotton shirt... and the two books, one is part four of a series and one is on Amazon for 75 cents used, so not exactly great 'gets'. This was such a rip-off and nothing that was promised. The SK box will likely be the same; also, whoever the NRB people who run the site are, they're deleting any negative or critical comments beyond 'I haven't gotten my box yet', several people have tried to comment about the poor quality of this box, ESPECIALLY given that we had to wait for it for 4 months. Also, if they had to 'reopen and inspect all the contents' (even though it was a cellophane-sealed pallet...) then they could've thrown an extra perk or two in there for our troubles. The funniest part to me is Vincent offering the discount code to get 75% off their backstocked books... I ordered a "Mongrels" bandana awhile back and asked if they could just stick it in my box to save me shipping since shipping the bandana cost more than the item itself. They said no because the backstock is in a separate storage unit that they can't access at the same time as the boxes so there was no way to combine the orders (???). So I'm wondering if they can't pay for the storage unit anymore so they're desperately trying to offload excess backstock to get $$$ to pay back some of this cluster, but making us think they're doing us a favor by giving it to us at a discount.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of your negative experience with NRB. It appears you are not alone.

Hopefully you will poke around the site and find things that interest you. Once you have 5 posts, additional areas and privileges become available.

Thanks very much @Randall, I'm a longtime SK fan and while I'm not very good at collecting, I did get to meet him and photograph him during the 11/22/63 press tour a few years ago, so he's near and dear to my heart.

Country
    Country Flag

The latest bullshit, er, I mean update...

Hey Nocturnal Readers!!

So, quick (kind of) update for you. We are changing things up to hopefully make things much easier and faster for you to get the updates you need.

We were going to attempt a more daily update system, but there's not really much news day to day, so it would be much of the same. So this is what we are going to do.

Every Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday, we will be posting answers to some of your most relevant questions here in a newsletter. On those days as well, we will be posting on social media. To keep the confusion at bay, we are not going to be answering questions in the comments anymore.

So here we go:

Most pressing first: We found out that those still missing June never had their boxes come back to us from DHL. So on Thursday and Friday, and admittedly a very short time on Saturday, we packed and labeled the replacements. We have USPS coming to get them tomorrow.

July: July has started to trickle out. but we cannot get all of the finished ones out until June gets out of the way for lack of space. Its coming! We are hoping to get done labeling July by Wednesday.

King box: So there's a lot of craziness going on with this order. So lets address a few things I've seen. Anything you have read anywhere not by us is likely a rumor or just false.

We purchased an ISBN and rights to publish this book with a publisher's help. We are actually, contractually, the sole publisher. But we are using a professional publisher and their help getting everything done. With that said, I can't just call the printer and demand an update as much as I wish I could.

The Last Update I got last week was this: I don't know how this picture is going to show up, it looks a little small on my screen... So here it is:

Vincent,

I wish I had more to tell you, but I don't have much since last week. We had to reformat the text again because it didn't quite fit the correct dimensions. Other than that the boards are all being stamped. I hesitate to give you more of an update because I am not sure just yet on the end date. Once we get this part done with the formatting, we will be waiting on Chuck for the new cover page approval and we can move forward. One last thing, can you send me the artist's mailing address so that once they do get done with formatting, we can send some pages to be remarqued? Or are you wanting to do tip in pages?

So with that, I just want to apologize for the long wait. We don't expect delays to happen, but as they do sometimes with these types of custom books, it is unfortunate, and all we can do is ask for your patience.
    Oh yeah one more thing. ANYONE who was affected by these delays (June-July-August) can use this coupon code! It will affect any book (except 'Salem's Lot) in your cart! We found a few more things that we are putting up tomorrow. But this code will be active all week. So if you've missed out on a book we had in a past box, or one that we've picked up, here is your chance to get one or two or three...and a few other goodies. I am taking Fridays to get all shop orders out!

DISCOUNT CODE: JUNEFORWARD

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    We are actually, contractually, the sole publisher. But we are using a professional publisher and their help getting everything done. With that said, I can't just call the printer and demand an update as much as I wish I could.
    My favorite part.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    We are actually, contractually, the sole publisher. But we are using a professional publisher and their help getting everything done. With that said, I can't just call the printer and demand an update as much as I wish I could.
    My favorite part.
    If he can't contact the printer and find out what's going on, then he is not the publisher.

I'm going to continue my comments on the King box on the proper thread, but I'll let everyone here know that there is more shenanigans going on.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not to beat a dead horse, but the discount code was also originally said to be "85%+" on all backstock items. It is now 75% off, books only (not including Salem's Lot, and no past/overstock boxes are included in the sale) and the coupon only works for existing customers who didn't file any disputes/ask for a refund. Nothing like saying 'We'll make it right, here's a coupon... for some junk you don't want, and only some of you can use it. The least pissed off among you, in fact."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So I've just been reading on the FB group dedicated to providing updates that Vincent has had his parents set up a new monthly subscription box service, called Horror Bees.

So instead of addressing the existing issues, refunding everyone who requested one, and making things right, he just sets up a front to try and hide his history from unsuspecting new customers to rip off.

This guy's a real fucking dick imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast