Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not overly impressed with anything Robin is adding to the end of the comics. Frankly, I think I've only skimmed the last ones. If I weren't such a completist I'd just go with the hardcover at this point.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a fairly interesting Arthur Eld backstory in the second arc and one in the first arc that dealt with the origins of the Crimson King. Besides that a lot of it's yawn-inducing stuff about Gilead from what I can remember.

And Furth gave the worst possible origin for Jonas--it boggles my mind to imagine what she was smoking when she thought that was a good idea.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever it was, I want some.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Pam!

Any news about Stephen King's "N"?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    And Furth gave the worst possible origin for Jonas--it boggles my mind to imagine what she was smoking when she thought that was a good idea.
    Yeah. I reason that away by putting it down to be one of those tall tales like those from Delain that grew in the telling.

I don't mind the idea that Jonas might have started off noble as a boy then became bitter, possibly partly due to an injury (albeit I'm sure that limp was from Fardo breaking his leg rather than a piece of poison glass but anyway). It certainly gives more dimension* to the character.Then there's the legend of Maerlyn's mirror, and one tale teller puts the two together, etc, etc.

*But that's just it... if we make the glass responsible, it kind of takes that extra dimension away...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to believe that myself, but she wrote it off as fact in the DT Guidebook. Nothing like "Legend has it..." etc.

Also, what do people think about her essentially ripping off "The Snow Queen" for her whole "evil mirror" story? I mean, I'm all for being inspired by and making allusions to previous literary works, but she essentially just took what Hans Christian Andersen wrote and replaced the characters with DT ones without adding anything new.

For example, when Stephen King did his take on the "Seven Samurai", he just took the basic concept of the warriors defending the town against harriers trying to steal the crops and made it his own; I.E. having the 'harriers' steal children and returning them later Roont and so forth.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Nothing new on "N" at all, Ari. It's still listed at Amazon, but I haven't seen a thing over at Marvel's site.

Daggers - Actually, the last little essay that Furth did, the one about Aileen and the origin of female gunslingers ( or something to that effect ) was actually pretty good. The others, well, meh.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I started reading that one and quit about 1/4 of the way in. I'm still not impressed.

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower: The Battle of Jericho Hill #2 (of 5)

The first Beam has been broken! The Crimson King has created a prison for powerful psychics who use their powers to erode the very Beams that support the Dark Tower which is the fulcrum of reality! Gilead is in ruins, Mid-World is dying, and all that stands between the Crimson King and the utter dissolution of existence is a haggard Roland Deschain and his ka-tet. But first they must destroy the awful machines of war being erected by the Good Man, John Farson. Don’t miss this second issue in the greatest Dark Tower arc of all!

My Collection

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, cool cover!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!! Great Cover!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

It's a great cover, but I'm hoping they make up for this past arc and actually have some mind-blowing content behind the great cover.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You said it!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That IS good. Bit of a samurai thing going on with the helmet there.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Is that supposed to the CK himself do you think?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Is that supposed to the CK himself do you think?
    With the glowing red eyes I wondered that.

I think it might just be a stylized picture of Farson though.

Makes me wonder. Because it doesn't look like either. Maybe it's a new player?

Along the Path of the Beam Sai Farson is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Grissom?

Country
    Country Flag

Having the Crimson King fight at Jericho Hill (IF that's the CK, it probably isn't) reminds me of how Peter Jackson almost had Sauron and Aragorn in a swordfight at the end of Lord of the Rings. (It ultimately wasn't used.)

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Having the Crimson King fight at Jericho Hill (IF that's the CK, it probably isn't) reminds me of how Peter Jackson almost had Sauron and Aragorn in a swordfight at the end of Lord of the Rings. (It ultimately wasn't used.)
    Yes, I saw the deleted scene of that.

Lord of the Rings book and films Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I'm glad that wasn't included as it wasn't true to the book... but I kind of wish some sort of face-to-face encounter with Sauron had happened in the book. While I love LotR I was a bit disappointed Frodo never actually faced Sauron. Having Aragorn face Sauron and Frodo/Gollum destroying the ring just in time before Aragorn's defeat would have been preferred in hindsight though, albeit that would be rather clichéd.

On the other hand, that's probably the boy in me crying out, the part of me that likes battle scenes, that likes discussing 'who would win in a fight between' on that thread, and watching 'Deadliest Warrior' on Bravo. I can see why Tolkien took the choice he did though.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's Farson myself. But you never know.

I wish they would have put Jae Lee on the last two of this arc. Whomever has been doing the "artwork" for The Fall of Gilead is a big part of the reason I can barely read it. It's so bad it hurts my eyes.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe that's Isanove. And yeah, it's disappointing.

Country
    Country Flag

Isanove's doing this arc because of time constraints. Jae Lee's apparently doing a lot of work for the "Jericho Hill" arc, and there's no way he could do both that and "Fall of Gilead" in the time that Marvel wanted it released.

My Collection

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't pout about it.

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast