Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going. Whether I get one book or two. There is two couples and two events. Not bad odds. lol The other info should come sooooooooon by the looks of it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    400 out of 2,400.....ouch.
    Yeah, the odds are not good at all. But since a signed copy will probably be in the $200 range, $32.50 for a ticket to see them is still well worth it.
    Which got me to thinking. Would you guys pay $200 for the event with a guaranteed signed book limited to 400 folks per venue? Unless you live in the immediate area of an event; your cost will substantially more than $32.50.
    I would probably consider going that route to get a signed copy. The only problem I see is the chance of actually getting a ticket would be substantially reduced if they only released 400 vs. 2,000+.

However, If the price for tickets to the Sarasota show is $32.50 like Milwaukee I'll take the whole family of four and increase my chances. Of course, I don't know how many tickets they are selling for that city yet so the odds may be worse than Milwaukee. I wish they would just release all of the sites' information at the same time

Traveler shutterlife is on a distinguished road

The closest location to me is Portland, and that's still a stretch to get to since it's the middle of the week. Waiting for more details for that venue.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Looks like I'll be heading to Boston!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I'm going to be relying on the kindness of board members. Again. But NEXT year, I will hopefully be living in the northeast...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

MA details have been posted.

September 28th, 2017

Newtonville Books - Newton Centre, MA

Newtonville Books Newtonville Books is proud to present an evening with Stephen King and his son, Owen King, authors of SLEEPING BEAUTIES. Individual tickets for this event are $35. Each ticket guarantees entry to the event as well as a hardcover edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES.

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE VIA THE TICKET AGENT BROWN PAPER TICKETS. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.

PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE TICKETING GUIDELINES BEFORE PURCHASING YOUR TICKET:

—Every attendee must purchase a ticket.

—Due to capacity limits, each person is allowed to purchase a maximum of two 2 tickets.

— You must present the ticket for entry. No ticket, no entry, no exceptions.

—All tickets are non-transferable. No exceptions. If you purchase your ticket from a third party vendor, it will not be honored. At the date of the event you will be required to show a valid ID to enter. If you purchased more than one ticket, your plus one must arrive and enter with you.

—Purchasing a ticket guarantees entry to the event as well as a hardcover edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES. As a special bonus, we've been told that a limited number of attendees will randomly receive signed copies, so we wish you luck! All books (signed and unsigned) will be distributed at the end of the event. This event will not include a public book signing.

EVENT DETAILS
    Date: Thursday, September 28
    Start time: 7PM
    Doors open: 6PM

Venue: First Baptist Church of Newton, 848 Beacon St, Newton Centre. The venue is accessible via the Green Line (D) to Newton Centre stop. The Newton Centre parking lot is located diagonally across Beacon from the church as well.

Fine Print: We are unable to issue refunds for any reason.

Please note that this event will not be held at the bookstore, but at First Baptist Church in Newton Centre, on the corner of Beacon and Centre Street. (848 Beacon St.)

Doors will open at 6PM. Event will begin promptly at 7PM. Stephen and Owen will read, talk, and take audience questions and then books will be distributed.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Will be interesting to see how many tickets are sold for Boston. It's in a church.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe capacity is 700 seats
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it is 700, I like those odds a lot better so I bought a ticket just in case. I like Boston a lot and would be disappointed if I didn't get a signed copy but it will still be a nice getaway, so no real downside.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Traveler cymru3 is on a distinguished road

Just bought my ticket for the Boston/Newton event. I've never been and have always wanted to...very excited!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just bought my 2 for Boston - we already had tickets for a wedding and fly into hartford CT that morning - only a 2 hour drive
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And just created my wife's account so I bought 2 more tickets - heck already flying the whole family out that way. SO we will be spending the day in Boston and cannot wait to meet up with whomever is making the trek. The Tarter can will be there (just like Reno)
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Inspired

I will see you all there - chad let me know if you would like to meet up pre-event.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I will see you all there - chad let me know if you would like to meet up pre-event.
    Sounds good - I am guessing last 3 digits on ticket numbers were how many actually sold. My initial pair we xxxx4021 and xxxx4022 then 20 minutes later the next two were xxxx4168 and xxxx4169

Will get everyones contact numbers before the event. We get into Hartford at 1030 that morning and will just take a nice drive closer to the event
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Do we know where the Boston area one is being held yet? I'm hoping I can get tickets to go to that one.
    https://stephenking.com/p/sleeping-beauties/#s157
    Woohoo! Just got my tickets. Thanks!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler cymru3 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Sounds good - I am guessing last 3 digits on ticket numbers were how many actually sold. My initial pair we xxxx4021 and xxxx4022 then 20 minutes later the next two were xxxx4168 and xxxx4169

Will get everyones contact numbers before the event. We get into Hartford at 1030 that morning and will just take a nice drive closer to the event
    If that's the case then I'm VERY glad I checked this thread as soon as I got in from work. Mine is #602.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

At one King event (Revival) I went to, there was an "overflow room" where some of the attendees were forced to watch King on a monitor.

In theory, they could sell 800 tickets in MA, and put 100 people into another room and pipe in the audio and video......and they would never actually see the Kings.

Hopefully this will not be the case with any of the venues on this tour.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have #7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, and 7**...

All are +1 tix.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So you bought five pairs of tickets?

If the number theory above holds up, they are down to less than 100 tickets.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So you bought five pairs of tickets?
    No. 10 +1's

My Mood
    Inspired

You heading out to Boston jerome?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

i've been super busy and not able to check the boards as much lately. can someone who knows please pm me in advance of when the Sarasota tickets goes on sale or kindly sell me an extra?

i always seem to be working a multi day show, on the road, or broke when these events kick off and usually i am not paying attention to when they onsale.

thanks
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

BOSTON SOLD OUT
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fwiw, you guys always get nervous and despondent about chances of getting a signed book before going into these things and then, more times than not, you folks somehow end up scoring. Go, have a good time, meet up with friends and have a good meal. Then see what comes of it all. I'll bet you will not regret it in the end. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

BOSTON SOLD OUT
    Guess that was still pretty quick - for a short notice and hardly any advertisement - accept of course on here and stephen king.com
    Just gotta say one more reason why I enjoy tdt and I am glad I was off today and was able to check in during the day - now I can sit back and relax - good luck to everyone else getting details and tickets to their venues
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast