Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    No one wants to second that hotel scene from The Graduate, really? It's not as iconic as the "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me" scene but to me it's the best and funniest scene in the film.
    I don't really care for that movie so much.
    (hides behind chair)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WHAT? It's only one of my most favorite movies of all damn time!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

(still hiding)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #30

Arbogast Vs. Mother
    Psycho
    Hitchcock

Spoiler
    Second!!!

sk

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Thanks, Pablo, but I'm not getting this at all.....
    Why can't I just use the
    Then at least I know what I'm doing.....

sk
    Copy the url for the youtube video
    click the insert video link icon (it looks like a little film strip, 2 blue squares)
    right click and paste the url (you can remove the s from https and that will make the video show up as opposed to a link)
    it should now be highlighted for you, so before you touch anything else just click on the spoiler tag and it will automatically put it in a spoiler for you

Hope that helps
    Thought I had it......sounds simple enough.....

sk
    You forgot to remove the 's' from https. Everything else was fine.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    nomination #25

My first nomination was one of the most iconic scenes ever. From my all-time #1 movie.
    Unfortunately, it was not seconded....

Here's another scene/sequence from that same movie.
    A perfect example of combining the visual and the aural...
    Never tire of watching this....

scene: Space Waltz
    film: 2001: A Space Odyssey
    director: Stanley Kubrick
    year: 1968

sk
    FORGOT this one.. seconded!
    I'm trying to go thru the older nominations... I will Second From Bone to Satellite - 2001: A Space Odyssey
    #12 Second
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Official nomination..........................

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
    Clark loses it

Spoiler:

It's the gift that keeps on giving...... lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Nomination #2:

"Charlemagne"
    Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
    Spielberg

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Nomination #2:

"Charlemagne"
    Spielberg

Spoiler:

It's a great scene, my Lady and I second it on the condition that I can get away with officially nominating a slightly more iconic one from the series...............

Spoiler:

What say you, Oh Master of the thread? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Nomination #2:

"Charlemagne"
    Spielberg

Spoiler:

It's a great scene, my Lady and I second it on the condition that I can get away with officially nominating a slightly more iconic one from the series...............

Spoiler:

Hard second!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #29: "What's This?" from The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), directed by Henry Selick:

I'm sure another Santa-approved nomination.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Which scene are you seconding, webstar? Im a bit confused by your post as both scenes are in the quote....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which scene are you seconding, webstar? Im a bit confused by your post as both scenes are in the quote....
    Bill's other Indy scene and he seconded yours.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #2:

"Charlemagne"
    Spielberg

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Both are great scenes and deserve seconding! Excellent choices, my friends!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Nomination # 29

Scene: Inspirational Speech scene
    Film: The Wolf of Wall Street
    Director: Martin Scorsese
    Year: 2013
    Spoiler: No

"Let me tell you something. There is no nobility in poverty. I’ve been a rich man, and I’ve been a poor man. And I choose rich every fucking time! 'Cause, At least as a rich man, when I have to face my problems, I show up in the back of a limo wearing a $2000 suit …and a $40,000 gold fuckin’ watch!"

Well I have to say, I'm surprised this shit hasn't been seconded yet....

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer the Quaaludes scene.

Both are great scenes and deserve seconding! Excellent choices, my friends!
    Cool!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 29

"Let me tell you something. There is no nobility in poverty. I’ve been a rich man, and I’ve been a poor man. And I choose rich every fucking time! 'Cause, At least as a rich man, when I have to face my problems, I show up in the back of a limo wearing a $2000 suit …and a $40,000 gold fuckin’ watch!"

Can I second this officially? If so, done!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 29

I'd obviously love to say yes, but unfortunately I cannot bend the rules to suit myself. Bill, you need to wait for someone to post just one more nomination/second, before you can second my scene...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 29

I'd obviously love to say yes, but unfortunately I cannot bend the rules to suit myself. Bill, you need to wait for someone to post just one more nomination/second, before you can second my scene...

Oops, my bad. I'll get the hang of this one day!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Just to confirm.... BOTH Indy scenes are in?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yes they are. The Google sheet has been updated to reflect that too.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes they are. The Google sheet has been updated to reflect that too.
    My man!!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

This should get an instant "second".....

Nomination # 31

Scene: Shootout scene
    Film: Aliens
    Director: James Cameron
    Year: 1986
    Spoiler: Yes (a major character dies)

I can think of several scenes from this movie that deserve to be official entries in the tournament, but there are so few clips available on the internet....

P.S. Bill, you're good to "second" the Wolf of Wall Street scene now, my friend!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second the other scene if he was nominating Bone to Satellite...
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast