Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    second #12 - THIRD!!

It's in: T-Rex attack - Jurassic Park

sk
    That has already been thirded. There is no need for a 'fourth'.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Never mind Mike, I see you meant in the official entrants column. I'll check the edit history. There were two entries there, The showdown in TG,TB,TU and Showdown at House of Blue Leaves, and you put them there. They were then moved by an anonymous user to the second column. Looking through the last page of the thread, they were indeed not thirded, so that's what happened. Big thanks to whoever it was that caught that!
    I moved them. The Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves had not been thirded by Webstar1000 as listed, but only seconded by myself. Although I very much want this scene to be included and very much hope that it will be thirded, its inclusion into the tournament needs to be legitimate.

I moved the scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly because Feev did not make a confirmed second, only a mention that he might do so if no one else would. RUBE's 'third' effectively became a 'second'.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20918-Greatest-Movie-Scene-of-All-Time-Nominations-Thread-REDUX&p=1053389&viewfull=1#post1053389

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I can't believe the Opera scene from Godfather III past by with a glance... That scene gets me every time, and he doesn't even say a word!
    As I mentioned before, I'm not helping a Godfather III scene into the tournament before a Godfather I or II scene. I'm waiting for somebody to nominate the baptism scene from Godfather I, but nobody has done so yet. Maybe they consider it a sequence, I personally consider it a scene. I'll nominate it soon if nobody else does.
    Mike, if you're waiting for something from the original Godfather film to be included, how about 'thirding' the following classic scene....?

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47

Nomination # 5

Scene: "I believe in America...."
    Film: The Godfather
    Director: Francis Ford Coppola
    Year : 1972
    Spoiler: None

"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this scum who ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an honest man like yourself made enemies, they would become my enemies.... And then, they would fear you."

Cinematic gold, right there!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

second #11

The Odessa Steps sequence - Battleship Potemkin

sk
    The chart has me also nominating this scene - Pablo did.
    I seconded it.

A double nomination crept in.

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    second #12 - THIRD!!

It's in: T-Rex attack - Jurassic Park

sk
    That has already been thirded. There is no need for a 'fourth'.
    I realize that.
    Mistake rectified.

sk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to nominate a scene from The Godfather films but I haven't seen either in years, and never watched the 3rd. I'd probably have to go with the stellar ending to the first film.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

'
    Spoiler:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Nomination #8

Scene: Obi-Wan vs. Anakin
    Film: Revenge of the Sith
    Director: George Lucas
    Year: 2005

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #10

Matrix Revolutions
    Highway Chase Scene
    Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OZpmIWcxg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfrHk6xdJMw
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nomination #10

Matrix Revolutions
    Highway Chase Scene

SECOND # 8

Seconded.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nomination #10

Matrix Revolutions
    Highway Chase Scene

SECOND # 8

Seconded.
    Nice one brother. I remember being BLOWN away watching this scene in theaters.. I went back again to see it because it was so breathtaking.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That was already thirded, frik.
    Unless there was an edit, this is the first 2nd of the train fight from "From Russia with Love" (or at least according to the online doc).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #9

Scene: Who's on First
    Movie : one night in the tropics
    Year: 1940
    Director: A. Edward Sutherland
    Spoilers: None - unless you're still wondering who's on first

Start the video at the 31:40 mark to 35:15 mark. Unfortunately it is a shortened version, but I think it is the only version actually in a movie.

Spoiler:

For a fuller version watch this (not my nomination, but everyone should see it in its entirety, it is an American classic comedy skit.

Spoiler:
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Never mind Mike, I see you meant in the official entrants column. I'll check the edit history. There were two entries there, The showdown in TG,TB,TU and Showdown at House of Blue Leaves, and you put them there. They were then moved by an anonymous user to the second column. Looking through the last page of the thread, they were indeed not thirded, so that's what happened. Big thanks to whoever it was that caught that!
    I moved them. The Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves had not been thirded by Webstar1000 as listed, but only seconded by myself. Although I very much want this scene to be included and very much hope that it will be thirded, its inclusion into the tournament needs to be legitimate.

I moved the scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly because Feev did not make a confirmed second, only a mention that he might do so if no one else would. RUBE's 'third' effectively became a 'second'.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20918-Greatest-Movie-Scene-of-All-Time-Nominations-Thread-REDUX&p=1053389&viewfull=1#post1053389
    Feev wasn't sure if he could second the film, but I believe he could, so I just counted it. He doesn't come around here much, so I'm trying to include him as much as possible.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    That was already thirded, frik.
    Unless there was an edit, this is the first 2nd of the train fight from "From Russia with Love" (or at least according to the online doc).
    It was an edit!

sk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev wasn't sure if he could second the film, but I believe he could, so I just counted it. He doesn't come around here much, so I'm trying to include him as much as possible.
    thanks bb.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    '
    Spoiler:

Second.

Can I also "third" the Godfather scene from T-Dogz?

Webster, the Matrix scene you are referring to is from "Reloaded" I belive. Not "Revolutions", FWIW.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    '
    Spoiler:

Second.

Webster, the Matrix scene you are referring to is from "Reloaded" I belive. Not "Revolutions", FWIW.

Hi Bill,

They will only let you "second" or "third". They won't let you do both at the same time - you have to wait for other people to post 5 nominations/seconds/thirds in between unfortunately.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so then the second for CHL is good?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's all good brother!

Country
    Country Flag

'
    Spoiler:

Second.

Yes you are correct!!! My bad! I LOVE these movies too. Should not have made that mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No biggie. Just FYI is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to be that guy, but I don't see an official Nomination for the Cool Hand Luke scene.

I see needfulthings making a post responding to the confusion with some of the bookkeeping on the online doc.

If the intention was to officially nominate the film, let me know and we will count it and the second it received.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still Servant - Second #9

I Believe in America - The Godfather

(Officially Entered)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to be that guy, but I don't see an official Nomination for the Cool Hand Luke scene.

I see needfulthings making a post responding to the confusion with some of the bookkeeping on the online doc.

Exactly, how "official" would you like it? This is a really stupid exercise.!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast