Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I don't know which scene you mean, Bill. If you mean when you posted five scenes in a row without saying you were nominating any of them, or you posting "Is it okay if I just nominate the merovingian scene" were not following protocol, actually, you didn't follow any of the protocol and in no way indicated they were actual nominations. Did you see how everyone else is posting their nominations, with what number of nomination/second it is, with the year and the director? That tells me and everyone else what is a nomination and what isn't, which cuts down on the confusion. Was you quoting a scene with three thumbs up icons supposed to be a second? I don't know.
    Well, you agreed that I made a valid nomination. What's up with that? I think I also made a "valid" second. Can I get anything recorded?
    No, I agreed your Lord of the Rings nomination was valid. It is the only thing you've said you're nominating. You didn't make a valid second because you didn't wait for five nominations/seconds before you seconded.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I see!!!

So, the other nominations in your failed threads do not count?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Duck Nipples", I LOVE it!!!!
    I'm shocked that it turns out I'm not the only human on the planet who likes the Howard the Duck movie. My favorite scene is unquestionably this:

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

"Duck Nipples", I LOVE it!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I see!!!

So, the other nominations in your failed threads do not count?
    There is only one other thread.The nominations/seconds which were legitimate and weren't out of turn counted. The ones which were out of turn, in that list you copy and pasted above, are not included and listed so people could re-nominate them if they chose to.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, since this got derailed so people don't have to search through it all to count, the last five noms/seconds from oldest to newest were (including my post below):

Merlin1958
    NeedfulThings
    T-Dogz
    amd013
    Mattrick

Both the second and the third for Howard the Duck were out of turn.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #5

The Sandstorm - Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
    Director: George Miller

Spoiler:

O.K. I have made my one nomination (ROPE) & then now I have to wait until 5 other people make a nomination before I can 2nd someone else's nomination?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

nomination or second.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love Rope, it's one of my favorite Hitchcocks, but it's not a scene. Also, it was not shot in one take, that would have been technically impossible at the time, so there are cleverly hidden cuts in the film. But it's an amazing film. Not a scene, though.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #6

Scene: The Slap Heard Round the World
    Film: In the Heat of the Night
    Director: Jewison
    Year: 1967

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I love Rope, it's one of my favorite Hitchcocks, but it's not a scene. Also, it was not shot in one take, that would have been technically impossible at the time, so there are cleverly hidden cuts in the film. But it's an amazing film. Not a scene, though.
    Did you read my comment on the film? This film was edited together to give the appearance of being one CONTINUOUS SCENE & only because of the restriction of the amount of film that could run thru the camera at that time was it edited to give it that appearance. Today he could & would have done it in one take.
    From The Films of Alfred Hitchcock by Robert A. Harris & Michael S. Lasky.

I stand my ground ROPE is indeed a one scene movie! I also find if interesting that if ROPE is one of your favorite Hitchcock films. Why you don't understand the premise behind it's filming?

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I know how it was made, sure.

Nomination #7: Opening scene from A Clockwork Orange (1971), directed by Stanley Kubrick:

One of the best opening scenes ever, that music and that pull-back shot. Pure genius.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't that make Birdman or Irreversible all one scene then too? I disagree that just because a movie is made to seem like one long shot, doesn't make it one scene. Then you could also make the case that films like Carnage, The Interview, and 12 Angry Men are one scene since they all take place in seeming real time in one location, or that certain films like Phonebooth or Pontypool, which primarily all take place at the same location with the same situation, are comprised of only a few scenes. I haven't seen Rope, but if it is like other seemingly one take films or single location films, there are still individual scenes or segments in it which separate the narrative with distinct events, changing of cast, moving to different rooms, etc.

I'd just pick the best segment from Rope and change your nomination to that.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Wouldn't that make Birdman or Irreversible all one scene then too? I disagree that just because a movie is made to seem like one long shot, doesn't make it one scene. Then you could also make the case that films like Carnage, The Interview, and 12 Angry Men are one scene since they all take place in seeming real time in one location, or that certain films like Phonebooth or Pontypool, which primarily all take place at the same location with the same situation, are comprised of only a few scenes. I haven't seen Rope, but if it is like other seemingly one take films or single location films, there are still individual scenes or segments in it which separate the narrative with distinct events, changing of cast, moving to different rooms, etc.

I'd just pick the best segment from Rope and change your nomination to that.
    Sometimes it is hard to tell when one scene ends and another begins. Russian Ark is a great one take film as well.

Doing more research I have discovered that there are 19 actual one shot movies & 7 edited to appear as one shot movies & ROPE was the first of this type in 1948 & it was not until 34 years later that the next one was made. So my nomination stands AS IS!
    If anyone wants to nominate any of the other 26 feel free.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It was the first edit "to appear" as one take. Just like Birdman. The first actual one take film was Macbeth in 1982.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I will only be making one nomination for BEST SCENE...It was directed by one of the worlds best known & respected directors & has to be one of the most complicated going from day to night with clouds floating across the skyline & the city lights turning on (and all before CGI) plus this scene presumably starts from the films opening title until the end title card in a single take.
    So my NOMINATION FOR BEST SCENE is......
    Spoiler:

plus walls had to be moved during shooting so the camera could roam around the set. I assume in todays digital age he would have shoot it in a single take.

Bruce, I have no idea what your nomination is. imageshack is blocked for me at work (and I think a lot of other people too), can you please provide a link to a clip?
    Pretty sure Bruce meant this as a joke (??) as Hitchcock shot the complete movie as one continuous shot, without any cuts...So one long scene.....
    (Of course there were cuts, but Hitchcock tried to make them unnoticeable..)

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Second #4
    "I'm Home" - Planet of the Apes.
    I believe that has already been thirded...I could be wrong. I'll update the lists after I make/eat dinner.
    It was, by me - see post #21.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    O.K. I have made my one nomination (ROPE)
    So not a joke!
    This must be the most original nomination so far!
    (It's high on my to-be-nominated list)

sk

This nomination was certainly NOT a joke! as the Hitchcock book states "The total effect of ROPE was of one continuous shot, the length of the film being actual time of the action of the story" To the 1948 unsophisticated audience this film would appear to have been shot as one scene.
    Just list ROPE as my NOMINATION & let it sink or swim on it's own merits (or should that be LIFEBOAT where the entire movie takes place inside a boat...but that was NOT done in just one take.)But Wait! That movie WAS shot in B/W & one of the voters will not even watch B/W films. I guess that fucks 95% of anything that is FILM NOIR?

Los Angeles County Museum of Art 1973 Hitchcock program. and I was there.

OH SHIT! Did that say It was designed to look as if it had been filmed in one continuous take?

I really wanted to nominate the montage at the beginning of Up, but it's not really a scene.
    I don't remember a montage in the beginning of that film.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

#3 NOMINATION
    film, silence of the lambs
    Scene, it rubs the lotion...

https://youtu.be/QRqXBsgnYok

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    #3 NOMINATION
    film, silence of the lambs
    Scene, it rubs the lotion...

https://youtu.be/QRqXBsgnYok
    #5 Second
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast