Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
Second #4
"I'm Home" - Planet of the Apes.
I believe that has already been thirded...I could be wrong. I'll update the lists after I make/eat dinner.
It was, by me - see post #21.

sk
Ok, this is getting frustrating, the master list has not been updated since about 9:30pm (Central) on the 15th, that is 2.5 days ago. I really don't feel like reviewing 100+ posts to see where each film stands, so I will not be posting any more Seconds unless the master list has been updated within the last 8 hours or so.

Regarding Rope, come on man, maybe by the letter of the law that is a scene but not by the spirit. I am not going to watch a 80minute move to see if it is worthy or not. Besides, not sure where to find a "clip" of the whole move, and I'm not going to do an illegal download or rent it.

My first couple of nominations were probably in the 7-8 minute range, and I honestly think that is too long. I have started to watch other peoples clips from movies I have never seen and without the context of the scene, I am bored to tears within 90 seconds. So I am trying to look for scenes in the 2-4 minute range. Honestly, can we set a hard 15 minute time limit on clips?
I think except for Rope every previous nomination fits in the time frame.

I mean if you figure there will probably need to be 500 nominations to get 256 (or whatever our goal is) that will be thirded, I would say that at most 33% of the clips come either from movies I have seen, or are scenes that I am familiar with because they are so iconic. So that means to give them a fair shot I would have to watch over 300 scenes (assuming I dont watch the scenes I am already familiar with), and if they average over 7 minutes, that's a lot of time wasted on this tournament.

Just saying.